What to do with CRT Tvs

lambi_aatma

Hello Beautiful people
so my uncle owns a small electronics shop in a fairly small town near kota, he used to repair TVs too
anyway the point is he has around 35-40 CRT TVs in his warehouse, most of them are old and used but still working, he still has 6 brand new Tvs of various brands
what should we about these? is donating these TVs to e-waste only option.
please take 5 minutes of your valuable time and advice.
thanks

Old console games work better on CRTs. Some old fellas still love Super Mario, Contra type games. Demand is still there. Give advertisements on Craigslist, OLX etc. Don't make it a distress sale. Buying vintage items are in thing. Play mind games with prospective customers to get better deals.

Hello Beautiful people
so my uncle owns a small electronics shop in a fairly small town near kota, he used to repair TVs too
anyway the point is he has around 35-40 CRT TVs in his warehouse, most of them are old and used but still working, he still has 6 brand new Tvs of various brands
what should we about these? is donating these TVs to e-waste only option.
please take 5 minutes of your valuable time and advice.
thanks
Very difficult to even do a give away of these as quantity is huge. No one use CRT tv's these days because of technological advancement. Only very poor people who cannot buy even a basic 32" tv will be happy to take one for their use. Try your luck but it seems you have to sell it as scrap or e-waste. It will be a miracle if you can find someone who has space and a collector of such items.

Some of the good brand TVs have nice sub-amps and chipamps ICs like TDA2030, 7265 etc. , one can make nice little amp from these salvaged parts

If they can be used as TVs, you could donate them to institutions or individuals
these are all working tvs without any issues, we tried donating these to needy peoples every diwali but even they dont want heavy and large CRT TVs in their home. 😆

Old console games work better on CRTs. Some old fellas still love Super Mario, Contra type games. Demand is still there. Give advertisements on Craigslist, OLX etc. Don't make it a distress sale. Buying vintage items are in thing. Play mind games with prospective customers to get better deals.
that makes sense, do you know any site which specifically deals with CRTs? i have tried OLX but craiglist doesnt work in india afaik

Very difficult to even do a give away of these as quantity is huge. No one use CRT tv's these days because of technological advancement. Only very poor people who cannot buy even a basic 32" tv will be happy to take one for their use. Try your luck but it seems you have to sell it as scrap or e-waste. It will be a miracle if you can find someone who has space and a collector of such items.
yeah seems like donating these to e-waste is the only viable option.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back