Why Chi-Fi Matters And Can No longer be Used in a Pejorative Sense

What you point out is true in many modern products like PCs, magic phones and such. But in Hifi we have tech from the 1920s and 1950s like Vacuum tubes and Turntables still being produced in contemporary avataars albeit for a minuscule market. I am not entirely sure any Hifi product that gains wide acclaim was made with obsolescence in mind.

I replied to a specific post within the thread (as evident from the quote) that referred to obsolescence of electronic consumer goods as a category.

As for hi-fi, as more hi-fi products get smart (as has begun with streamers), I imagine they’d be designed for planned obsolescence as well.

Last edited:
I replied to a specific post within the thread (as evident from the quote) that referred to obsolescence of electronic consumer goods as a category.

As for hi-fi, as more hi-fi products get smart (as has begun with streamers), I imagine they’d be designed for planned obsolescence as well.
I missed the context of your comment. My bad

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back