2011 Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550

my first post to hifivision...

bought this for 71k with 2 free 3d glasses and wall mount from mumbai. wasn't available at chroma so contacted a samsung dealer directly.

after getting the 3d glasses realised that i don't have any 3d titles. :)

The fun begins:
Bought PS51D550 last Sunday March 4th and today is Friday 9th. The TV is not switching/powering on. The red light just flicks and I see some light on the screen and that is. Looks like I bought a lemon. Will see what the call center has to say tomorrow.

Pankaj

thanks sammy dude!

just4kix is right - the wall mount is included in the price. if you choose not get the wall mounting done when the samsung dude comes to your place - later on a visit will cost rs.500/-

the 3d glasses - i got a pair of 3050... haven't tested out the 3d yet as i don't have any 3d blu ray titles but the 2d is great! reflection is not a problem for me... i don't think i ever noticed the reflection on my CRT when something was playing... :)

doing the firmware update has made even SD look better and blu rays outstanding... the blacks are not as deep as i thought they'd be... but overall i'm happy... must be nearing the 100 hour break-in period mark now... it's a great tv for the price! :)

I haven't been able to find stock anywhere in Hyderabad over the last week (tried Samsung Madhapur, Croma Jubilee Hills and a few other places). Everyone's saying another 1-2 weeks before they get stock. Anyone had any luck finding availability recently?

letsbuy is offering for 66-67k and that too with 2 free 3d glasses... why not go with them ? If they give COD facility, then this is the best bet I think

The cost of the letsbuy deal seems to have gone up to 71,250/- currently... You'll get the same price off Samsung dealers I think... Even flipkart has the same price (but don't mention free 3d glasses) - however, they don't deliver to my pincode in Mumbai...

I have two questions for this forum:
#1 might be a basic question but don't want to screw up my new TV:

1. Has anyone done the 10-point calibration unlock? If so, is it possible to go back to the original d550 panel type in case, I don't want to be stuck with random HDMI port mappings.

2. Has anyone else come across brightness pops? Any solutions to these?

Thanks in advance...

I would suggest waiting for a few more days. If the new models are coming out soon as expected, you'll either get the new models for the same price or the older models for lower than what you're hearing now.

The cost of the letsbuy deal seems to have gone up to 71,250/- currently... You'll get the same price off Samsung dealers I think... Even flipkart has the same price (but don't mention free 3d glasses) - however, they don't deliver to my pincode in Mumbai...

I have two questions for this forum:
#1 might be a basic question but don't want to screw up my new TV:

1. Has anyone done the 10-point calibration unlock? If so, is it possible to go back to the original d550 panel type in case, I don't want to be stuck with random HDMI port mappings.

2. Has anyone else come across brightness pops? Any solutions to these?

Thanks in advance...
I really don't know about the 10 point calibration unlock but for brightness pops disable eco sensor in eco solution menu as i had the same trouble i turned it off now i don't have any brightness pops

I heard that 51E550 i.e the 2012 model is launching soon. So better wait for that !!

I checked the Samsung uk website and found out that the e550 gets real black,which the d550 did not get.is this same as real black filter??

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back