Amazon.de - amazing service, best prices, same 220V - 5 days delivery

Dear all,

I ordered a set of blu rays worth around 5K from Amazon UK on 10th July and was given a delivery date 2nd August in Gurgaon. However I didnt receive it till then and thus wrote to Amazon and received a response that I should wait till 10th August. There is no tracking information as it was through standard post.

I havent received it yet, so wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced similar problems while ordering CDs/dvds/blu rays from Amazon? I suspect it might be an issue with Indian customs or India Post. Can other users please provide inputs on how long does it generally take for standard shipments or in case of delay how long does it take additionaly?

I am slightly concerned now and thus want to know from other users.

Thanks,

Kaustav

I have been buying BluRay items from Amazon UK since last 2 months and what I suspect in your case, your ordered items might have been lost, as the same happened with me. (As these items comes via Royal Mail and they are surrendered to India Post after arrival in India, as far as I got to know.)

I faced the issue for 2 of my orders which were not delivered before estimated date of delivery. I contacted Amazon UK through their Chat Support (available via Help link on website); Told the guy about non-delivery of the items.
First time, it was a set of 2 BluRays expected to be delivered by 24th June. Amazon guy asked me to wait till 30th June. In the meantime Amazon guy made a refund of the delivery charges as a compensation ! Items didn't arrive till 30th June as well. So I contacted Amazon again through Chat support. Amazon guy said I have 2 options, either they will deliver the replacement for free, or I can take the whole refund. I asked for the delivery of the same items and it got delivered within 10 days.

Second time, I had ordered a TrainSpotting poster costing around 1.5 GBP with the shipping cost of 3.5 GBP. It wasn't also delivered before estimated time. They sent the replacement after refunding me delivery charges and next time it reached to me within 7 days.

Hence, I suggest you to contact Amazon UK again, so that at least you can get a refund of all the delivery charges as a compensation to your trouble. And if doesn't arrive till 10th August as well, you can ask them for a replacement or full refund.

Hi,

Same happened with me. I ordered Spiderman Trilogy Blu Ray and Batman Blu Ray. I got Batman Blu Ray on time and didn't get the Spiderman. I sent an email to Amazon.co.uk and they shipped another copy free of cost. The ETA is Aug-18 and looking forward for that. The shipment was to Bangalore.

Thanks,
John.

Looks like Amazon.de is no longer going with flat 40 euro shipping charges. I just checked and the shipping charges depend on article. Denon 2113 attracts 118 euros shipping.

Team,
Amazon.de is not a best price anymore:

My friend after seeing the setup I had tried to place a similar order and called up to blast me
He asked me to place the order on his behalf(to see if I had some special price with amazon).
So I tried adding it again, suddenly they seem to have hiked the S&H and customs charges(the product price is the same):

The current charges for JBL 250:
Item: EUR 251.26
Packaging & Shipping: EUR 235.68
Advance payment of import fee: EUR 113.54
Total : 600.48

The price goes to 42+K compared to 40K if you buy locally and 24K(previous price).

My Invoice when I placed the order(7-Aug) was:
Item: EUR 251.26
Packaging & Shipping: EUR 40.00
Advance payment of import fee: EUR 67.90
Total to pay: EUR 359.16

And this not just for this sub alone: Around 15 days ago I bought Heco 700, Heco 200 and JBL EC25 for 463 all inclusive, now it around 946.95[417(S&H)+196(Cus)] .

It is not cheap to buy from Amazon.de anymore

Last edited:
:( it appears that the indian distri's have finally pulled the plug on us 'deal hunters' as far as amazon.de goes.

It was too good to last anyway. All those who benefited got it good while the mirage lasted :lol:

The Onkyo 609 that i bought from Amazon went blue, i only see blue screens now on HDMi input.Can anyone help.

HDMI boards , blowing off is becoming a common problem these days,, recently one of my friend's Denon-3311 s HDMI board went kaput, I heard cases abt Onkyo 609 before also.. I guess baiju yr board also went... googaaha some days back..

^^. The hdmi board of my denon 1612 went kaput a few months back. Luckily the avr was under warranty period and got the board replaced free of cost, though I had to spent around 1.2K for shipping the avr to Chennai. Now only my htpc is connected to the avr. I use it for sound only. For video I use VGA out of PC as my tv has some PQ issues with pc hdmi. Yesterday when I checked the hdmi port of avr on tv, I can see only a blue screen and instantly my heart fell. Then I tried other hdmi inputs of the avr using my hd stb and it worked. So I removed the vga cable, restarted the pc and the hdmi worked again.

HDMI is a very sensitive interface. You should not remove or connect hdmi cables while the devices are in power on state. Always switch off all your devices before changing hdmi cables.

Yes,i tried different HDMI ports,all give blue screen, the output HDMI from AVR is working since i see the onkyo screen logo and the setup menu.
Any idea how much the HDMI board for Onkyo would cost?

wow! Amazon.de figured out the gold mine finally - Indian customers.

the lobby of local sellers have blocked the good pricings via amazon.de adding more to import charges via the amazon local distributor ..

deals are gone

real bad

the lobby of local sellers have blocked the good pricings via amazon.de adding more to import charges via the amazon local distributor ..

deals are gone

real bad

Are you sure that lobby of local sellers makes any difference to Amazon???? I really do not think so....

Sorry for my ignorance. Who are these local amazon distributors?. Can we order all amazon items through them ? ( this is just for info, no immediate plan to order anything)

deals are gone

real bad

I am not sure this has anything do with import charges. The increase was more in Shipping & Handling and now it is based on weight instead of fixed 40 Euro for all international countries.

And also this service was used by many other international countries as the shipping charge was 40 Euro regardless of quantity and weight. This change has impacted everyone who want to purchase Audio Video Equipment.

Following link provides how shipping is calculated:
Amazon.de shipping charges

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back