Amazon.de - amazing service, best prices, same 220V - 5 days delivery

Part 2

You need to approach your bank and ask them to issue you a GRV certificate stating that you need to export the goods for repair and return purposes only. You also need to mention that "The bill of entry / evidence of re-import of the repaired goods shall be submitted within one month from the date of re-import of the repaired/refurnished goods."

So even if you are going to get a refund, DO NOT mention this as the letter will not be issued. Just mention that the goods will be re-imported once they are repaired.

The bank then requires the following documents from you in order to issue this certificate:

Customer Request letter for GR waiver must have the following details:

1. Brief details of the transaction, commercial value of the goods and Purpose of sending the goods, HS Code of the customer and declaration that the goods were imported for personal use and that you do not have an IEC Certificate and the details provided by yourself are true and correct

2. Debit authorization giving the a/c no. where in the charges of the GR waiver
certificate can be debited.

3. Undertaking that Customer has not obtained any GR waiver certificate earlier for goods being exported, from any Bank.

4. Our import bill reference no. if import transaction was already handled through us.

GR Approval for export of Defective goods imported in to India for repair/maintenance/refurbishing and re-import subsequently:

1. Customer request letter giving details of the transaction.

2. FEMA Declaration

3. Repairs /refurbishing invoice raised by the exporter clearly stating that No foreign exchange is involved and mentioning goods imported vide invoice no. Dated, BOE no. Dated: being exported for repairs/ refurbishing and re-import purposes.

4. Original Bill of entry of the import. In case Import was routed through us and BOE was already submitted by the importer, branch can get the Bill ref no & BOE details from our records. In case bill of entry was routed through other bank, NOC for GR waiver from AD concerned, certifying the Bill of Entry details and copy of Bill of Entry will be required. Proof of payment made.

5. Declaration that the Bill of Entry / evidence of re-import will be submitted within in one month from date of re-import of the repaired /refurbished goods.

6. Agreement/confirmation from Foreign Party agreeing to repair /re furbish goods free of cost.

Keep in mind that the banks are VERY finicky about these requirements and if even one is missing, they will straight up refuse to issue the certificate to you. I found this out the hard way and had to make around 4 trips to the bank.

Once they have all of this information, it will take around 4-5 working days for them to verify all of your submitted documents and then process it and issue you the certificate.

At the time of issue of the certificate, make sure that they state that the export value of the goods being sent is zero.

Once you have the certificate from your bank, you move onto even more fun with dealing with the shipping company.

Part 3

Now that you have the certificate, you need to contact the shipping company and schedule a pickup (in my case, I used UPS).

Again, you need to give them the following documentation:

• All correspondance with amazon.de
  • Original bill of entry and import invoice
  • Original invoice from amazon.de
  • GRV certificate issued by the bank.
  • Packing list
  • Letter addressed to DC customs on why you're sending this shipment
  • Export invoice (that you need to prepare)

The value that you state in the export invoice has to be LESS than INR 50,000.

If it isn't, they will just refuse to ship it without an IEC code. This is a problem because the bank certificate that was issued to you is for a zero export value. To solve this problem, I had to mention a notional value of EUR 200 for customs purposes only. Make sure that you clearly mention this point somewhere in the export invoice.

Despite doing all this, UPS almost refused to send the shipment and only after me arguing with them for over an hour did they end up sending it.

Thankfully, it wasn't stopped at customs and made it back to Germany in under 2 days and now after all that, I have been issued my refund from amazon.de.

So, the moral of the story is, if you're buying something which is of higher value, look for an official version from India. Seriously, it will save you so much time and suffering not having to deal with all of this.

Hope this is helpful to all of you.

For some reason when I am about to check out , it says we cannot ship to your address? Does the Amazon .de membership have to be different from the regular Amazon membership?

For some reason when I am about to check out , it says we cannot ship to your address? Does the Amazon .de membership have to be different from the regular Amazon membership?

There is no need of another membership. Amazon.com membership will work on all Amazon sites.
However, Amazon.de ship only selected items to international destinations.

guys, i just tried to see if I can get wifi routers (either Asus RT-n66u or Netgear N900 WNDR4500) via Amazon.de and got a message that it cant be shipped to my delivery address. Asus is not being sold by AMAZON but netgear router is sold by AMAZON however it cant be shipped to my address.

I tried couple of address in Chennai (Pincode - Alwarpet & Mylapore) but then got the same message. Has anyone purchased wifi routers from Amazon.de?

Note - I havent added any credit card to my account yet. Does this restrict anyway?

guys, i just tried to see if I can get wifi routers (either Asus RT-n66u or Netgear N900 WNDR4500) via Amazon.de and got a message that it cant be shipped to my delivery address. Asus is not being sold by AMAZON but netgear router is sold by AMAZON however it cant be shipped to my address.

I tried couple of address in Chennai (Pincode - Alwarpet & Mylapore) but then got the same message. Has anyone purchased wifi routers from Amazon.de?

Note - I havent added any credit card to my account yet. Does this restrict anyway?

I guess, to know the final amount (cost + shipping + duty etc) u will need CC.

I just want to find whether AMAZON can ship the item to my place. I added the item to my cart and it asks to select the address/key in new address.

Once the address is entered, it immediately says "this item is not shippable to the address mentioned". I think only when it can be shipped, it takes you to pricing. Can anyone check and let me know if this error is only for me or generally it is not being shipped to India?

Last edited:
I just want to find whether AMAZON can ship the item to my place. I added the item to my cart and it asks to select the address/key in new address.

Once the address is entered, it immediately says "this item is not shippable to the address mentioned". I think only when it can be shipped, it takes you to pricing. Can anyone check and let me know if this error is only for me or generally it is not being shipped to India?

Yes you are correct only after the item is able to be shipped to India does it takes you to the CC details page. Also the criteria of shipping to India does not only depend on whether the item is being sold by Amazon or the merchant but also whether the item is allowed to be shipped outside Germany or Euro.

guys just to verify, i added JBL 250 Sub to my cart to see if it can shipped to my address to confirm that AMAZON can send shipments to my area.

I tried zipcodes - Chennai (600004 (Mylapore), 600018 (Alwarpet)) and even tried Bangalore Address but alas, AMAZON keeps saying that it cant ship even JBL Sub to these address. Am i doing something wrong while entering the address?

I have also verified this by adding JBL Sub (Black) along with Heco speakers.

I got the same message for JBL SW only while Heco speakers can be shipped.

So that means the JBL SW (Black) is not allowed to ship to India.

Later I checked the Same SUB in different colour (Cherry) and found that it is available to ship to India !!!!

However it is priced little higher @ EUR 299.00

guys just to verify, i added JBL 250 Sub to my cart to see if it can shipped to my address to confirm that AMAZON can send shipments to my area.

I tried zipcodes - Chennai (600004 (Mylapore), 600018 (Alwarpet)) and even tried Bangalore Address but alas, AMAZON keeps saying that it cant ship even JBL Sub to these address. Am i doing something wrong while entering the address?

Last edited:

If it says it can't be shipped to India, then it can't be shipped. The service is available only for limited items & you can find out which ones only by trial & error. You can try amazon.com too. But similar restrictions apply.

there is no thumb rule (at least not mentioned anywhere on the site) for shipping stuff to india from amazon.de/com/it etc. as mentioned by akrish01 its only by trial and error that you can make out. another simple way to know is add everything that you want/plan to buy before going to the check out page i.e. say heco speakers are being sold by 3 different vendors at different price points, add all to basket and check which one is shipping after choosing your address. of course you have the option to delete an item before you confirm to buy. all the best.

Part 3

So, the moral of the story is, if you're buying something which is of higher value, look for an official version from India. Seriously, it will save you so much time and suffering not having to deal with all of this.

Hope this is helpful to all of you.

Ash, I didn't read up on the updates to your post till just now - just ordered the same HD300x projector a couple of days back from Amazon.de - not yet shipped - worried now whether the projector is gonna be trouble and whether I am going to have to go through the same hassles :sad:

to all those who are trying to buy something from amazon.com or amazon.de, i have a suggestion that might work.

Go to junglee.com & search for the item that you want to buy. The results will be displayed.

On the left had column, you will see 2 options listed under "Ships From" - "Anywhere" & "Within India". Invariably, if you click on "Anywhere", you will see more options & these options are mostly the from amazon.com that are available for international shipping.

Once you find your desired item, you can click and you'll see a link "Visit seller site". If you click on that link, you'll be taken to the listing on amazon.com. You can add the item to cart & on check out, you will be informed of the shipping charges & duties etc.

Let me know if this works for you guys

Arvind

Ash, I didn't read up on the updates to your post till just now - just ordered the same HD300x projector a couple of days back from Amazon.de - not yet shipped - worried now whether the projector is gonna be trouble and whether I am going to have to go through the same hassles :sad:

Hard to say. Maybe both of mine were a freak batch that they had. My advice would still be to look locally just in case there's something wrong with it and you have to send it back.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back