Coaxial/spdif

JayaRaa,
I saw Pioneer India website and it says Mrp 15490 for BDP 180.
Yesterday I called one dealer and he told a number very near to 19k and
said it is not in stock and will be available next week. May be by mistake.

The advantage of using digital input ensures just one analogue conversion which is always good for SQ

Dear Sir

I have oppo 93 and Anedio DI DAC

Using the same CD playing in oppo

I selected between Co Axial and Toslink at DAC input

Down the line Amp is Yamaha M80/ JBL Ti series speakers

the Coaxial interconnect was Blue Jeans RG6

the OpticalToslink was not Glass, but a medium grade

interconnect costing Rs 600 ( tthey normally come for 150-300 )

there was a very clear difference in sound quality that could be

made out in two minutes listening, in my setup the Coxial was

around 30% better, I did not bother to try with Glass Cable

the DAC is based on ESS9018, with some Jitter elimination

built into the chip

Robert Bose

Thanks Robert Bose for your reply. I am having Hegel HD11 dac.
Hegel manual suggest to use coaxial input for best performance (impedance matching) though it accepts optical and USB input.

I was thinking about Oppo 103. Did you buy from India?
Issue is that it is very expensive in India compared to US and if you buy from US you may need a region free kit to make it region free. So I was thinking of cheaper option like BDP170.

Hi Robert,

The Oppo is a good performer for audio as well. Why are you using an external DAC with it?

Renjith, I went through the Hegel DAC specs. It has a customized coaxial design at both input and output stages for high performance and its USB and toslink connectivity come short by design. Shockingly the toslink section has no asynchronous circuit.
I however do not agree with the DAC manufacturer's design, but it is best you use the coaxial inputs and connect the output analogue section to the amp.
According to me both Sony BDP-5200 and 7200 are very good sonically for audio and do not need external DACs.
Infact I sometimes use Dune HD Max to stream audio content to my integrated amp. I am using its internal DAC. But since the Dune is in a different room, I have used a 10 meter RCA cable made with CAT 6 cable to connect to my amp.
Of course I primarily use raspberry pi as source for playing audio files.

Thanks Kannan.
I read those in Hegel website and that is why I prefer to use coaxial out from blue ray player to DAC. My question is Sony BDP-5200 and 7200 coaxial implementation is good or not. Anyways I will use external dac and wont use inbuilt dac from Sony BDP-5200 and 7200.

Robert is having Oppo 93 and not 95.
Hie external dac may be better than oppo93 dac.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back