Denon or Marantz

Today,I have finalized Q Acoustics 3050i cinema pack(5.1)& placed order too. But I am in great dillemma what AV receiver between Denon & Marantz I should go with to match my speaker set up. I am seeking from respected members their practical knowledge(Room size 17/11). N.B. what cable should I consider too? Branded cable of reputed brands matters?Thanks everybody

Will totally depend on use, if your gonna use it more for ht than no doubt denon or if its music you are looking for then marantz.

I used both and feel marantz is way more musical than denon. But in ht denon beat marantz in all aspect, dialogue power rythm everything is fantastic for movies and ht. On the other hand marantz is warm so i never enjoyed movies on it.

Today,I have finalized Q Acoustics 3050i cinema pack(5.1)& placed order too. But I am in great dillemma what AV receiver between Denon & Marantz I should go with to match my speaker set up. I am seeking from respected members their practical knowledge(Room size 17/11). N.B. what cable should I consider too? Branded cable of reputed brands matters?Thanks everybody

Hi

Denon and Marantz are both made by the same company i.e D & M holdings.....Marantz is indeed more warm and musical....but never lacks performance in HT ,,,,,, Denon is more tuned towards HT performance but lacks punch in music....

There are dedicated Owner threads of Denon and Marantz on this forum where you can read upfront user experiences.....better still is to audition each of these AVRs and decide for yourself. Marantz offers auto calibration for all their models while Denon offers it for their mid segment to high models....

Your source material, the interconnect cables from sources to TV to AVR and to speakers also need to be of decent quality to get optimal performance.

A neutral AVR would be Pioneer or Yamaha......you could also check those models.....

All the best!

Hi

Denon and Marantz are both made by the same company i.e D & M holdings.....Marantz is indeed more warm and musical....but never lacks performance in HT ,,,,,, Denon is more tuned towards HT performance but lacks punch in music....

There are dedicated Owner threads of Denon and Marantz on this forum where you can read upfront user experiences.....better still is to audition each of these AVRs and decide for yourself. Marantz offers auto calibration for all their models while Denon offers it for their mid segment to high models....

Your source material, the interconnect cables from sources to TV to AVR and to speakers also need to be of decent quality to get optimal performance.

A neutral AVR would be Pioneer or Yamaha......you could also check those models.....

All the best!
Thanks for your cordial rply

Will totally depend on use, if your gonna use it more for ht than no doubt denon or if its music you are looking for then marantz.

I used both and feel marantz is way more musical than denon. But in ht denon beat marantz in all aspect, dialogue power rythm everything is fantastic for movies and ht. On the other hand marantz is warm so i never enjoyed movies on it.
Thanks brother...

Hi

All the best!
Thanks brother

I used Denon 2400 for a year and now using 4500. I was fully satisfied with 2400 and even more happier with 4500.You can’t go wrong with Denon and Marantz. Go for the model that suits your budget. I have also auditioned Marantz 6012,6013,8012 and don’t find much difference with both brands. Marantz build quality is better and uses HDAM amplifier which is the only two differences I can think of between the both. Wednesday I will be getting a Marantz 7010 for testing purpose and will let you know if there are any big differences

From my experience of using a denon x3300 and marantz 6013, there isn't a huge lot difference between the 2 in terms of sound quality once audyssey is engaged. Marantz is slightly brighter and airy than denon but generally both are equally good for movies and music.
For 5.1 AVR, marantz NR 1508/1509 makes more sense, however for 7 and more channels, equivalent models in denon and marantz should perform more or less same. Do take note of the audyssey version available with the AVR. Higher the version, better the calibration.

I used Denon 2400 for a year and now using 4500. I was fully satisfied with 2400 and even more happier with 4500.You can’t go wrong with Denon and Marantz. Go for the model that suits your budget. I have also auditioned Marantz 6012,6013,8012 and don’t find much difference with both brands. Marantz build quality is better and uses HDAM amplifier which is the only two differences I can think of between the both. Wednesday I will be getting a Marantz 7010 for testing purpose and will let you know if there are any big differences
Thanks brother....

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back