DVD/CD Player for Stereo

hrishi

Friends,

I want to purchase a good CD/DVD player to integrate with Norge 1000 Gold Amplifier for listening quality music.

In fact i was looking for such player where I can plug in my External Hard disk or USB as i have all collection in my USB device only and its handy too.

I have zeroed out on below two DVD players which says it can play CD and have USB port too :

1. Pioneer DV 3022
2. Philips DVP3608 DVD Player

Please suggest which one is best or tell me if you have some other option.

Thanks

I have not a single CD.. my all music files are on External Hard Disk as well as in my laptop.
All are in mp3 format. most are 320 kbps and some are in 128 kbps.

Initially i was looking for a good DAC but price is too high. i had selected Cambridge DacMagic Plus but its cost was 28k. in this i could have directly connect my laptop and play songs from media player this was very good option.

so i thought lets purchase a good DVD with USB port where i will keep on copying files from my laptop into my pen drive and play.

Please suggest me if you have some other things.

Last edited:
I don't see the point in buying a cd player if you do not have a cd collection. Place your Norge near your television which I assume is a modern LCD/LED/Plasma unit, plug in USB on the tv, take an analog audio out from the Tv to your Norge and you are set.

If you must buy a budget cd player, you can look at the Cambridge Audio Topaz CD5 on technoguru.in. Forget about any USB though.

Another option is from dnmaudio.com. In their High End Audio Solutions they have a High End CD Player, Tuner, Amplifier unit.

Friends,

I want to purchase a good CD/DVD player to integrate with Norge 1000 Gold Amplifier for listening quality music.

In fact i was looking for such player where I can plug in my External Hard disk or USB as i have all collection in my USB device only and its handy too.

I have zeroed out on below two DVD players which says it can play CD and have USB port too :

1. Pioneer DV 3022

Thanks

For your needs i think it will be better if you but media player than a CD player.
You can look for Western Digital Media Players and also asus OPlay. these will any day have better Dac's than the Cd players chosen. Also with these Media players you will get an Optical Out/ Toslink now the benefit of this is that Optical to analog DAC are cheaper than USB to ANalog as they need a separate usb CHIP. and you can get a decent DAC from ebay for Optical to Analog conversion.

Friends,

1. Pioneer DV 3022

Thanks

Nowadays, allmost all the DVD players comes with USB.Before getting anything, ensure to download their manaual and go thru it. Most of these players just plays the files in the external hard disk/pendrive and there will be no "Track programme" feature or "playlist creation" features. It just plays the files in the order it displays. Soon frustutaion guranteed when you keep on changing or searching a track from your huge list of mp3 in hard disk

I have not a single CD.. my all music files are on External Hard Disk as well as in my laptop.
All are in mp3 format. most are 320 kbps and some are in 128 kbps.

Initially i was looking for a good DAC but price is too high. i had selected Cambridge DacMagic Plus but its cost was 28k. in this i could have directly connect my laptop and play songs from media player this was very good option.

so i thought lets purchase a god DVD with USB port where i will keep on copying files from my laptop into my pen drive and play.

Please suggest me if you have some other things.

As you are using your laptop as the source why not get the ODAC and do the playback of all your digital music files collection over USB. Its one of the good VFM option for a USB DAC.

You can buy hifimediy DAC connect to laptop and you are set to go
Sound will be far better than most of Run f the mill DVD players

Sandeepmohan , dnmaudio.com. seems good it has inbuilt USB.
but even if i will get DVD player that will have USB.

Sowhich one will be better :

Norge 1000 Gold + DVD Player with inbuilt USB port OR dnmaudio.com : HI-FI STEREO AMPLIFIER A-777 which already have inbuilt USB.

apart from this think i got to purchase USB DAC which i may use whenever i will play music directly from my laptop.

Please put your suggestion guys...

If you plan to collect Flac tracks - NO budget DVD player plays it .
Again 320 KPBS I feel will benefit from basic DAC

DNN amp in itself is good but USB is generally chinese USB player circuit

Hemant, i think if i insert pendrive into DAC it wont play ,it will just do conversion when i ll play from my laptop.
Here what i want is when i insert pendrive or USB Hard disk it should be able play by itself like.
Also if i can play with my laptop also.... do we have such single device which can do both things for me ? intelligent enough to play when it finds pendrive into it and also intelligent enough to know songs are being played from laptop .

Please suggest if you can find best solution.

There was one DAC Santy had brought in Vashi, it was quite good.
Santy, can you mention the brand name and place of purchase here.

What is ur budget?
and do you have access to US? I mean someone will get some stuff from US?

What gear u have now? What type of laptop / pc / both?

Do u have wi-fi at home?

also do u have wi fi at home?

Have u bought speakers / amp / source etc?

Hemant

I will recommend to play songs via your laptop use a USB DAC.I have posted best USB dac available in the market for that price tag in for sale thread

http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/51625-meridian-explorer-usb-dac.html

Look on it if you are looking for play songs via laptop or via PC.Use this dac and may be foobar like audiophile player will make such a good impact on the output.But the dac itself is best in the class.

Or You have to use a dvd player with separate two channel out like pioneer elite series old one,Denon dvd players or Oppo 980H that also have very good dac inside.

What is ur budget?
and do you have access to US? I mean someone will get some stuff from US?

What gear u have now? What type of laptop / pc / both?

Do u have wi-fi at home?

also do u have wi fi at home?

Have u bought speakers / amp / source etc?

Hemant

Hemant,,i have access to UK not to US... i have dell laptop and pen drive and hardisk which i will mostly play with my harddisk and pendrive...
yes i have wi fi... have not purchase yet..just zeroing out on everything bcz this will be my first stereo setup...

This is very good amp - unfortunatly expensive in UK

Amazon.com: Teac AH01-B Stereo Amplifier with Digital to Analog Converter: Electronics

Amp + USB dac + dac + remote

It has a decent 25W of power into 8 ohms but offers 50W of power into 4 ohm speakers.
so not that powerful for Floor standing.

Now i am thinking to zero out on one of the DVD player i have mentioned. i can play Pendrive/Harddisk. also if required i can write my songs into CD and play.

I think if i am going for USB DAC still i wont be able to plug my pendrive/harddisk and play. i always ll have to play with laptop which is a limitation.

What you say ?? do you see any quality degradation if i play USB on DVD player ?

Yes there is huge quality difference while you play via DVD USB.A very good hi end DVD player will not have USB input.Nowadays hi end Blue ray players comes with USB but very expensive also.

But playing MP3 with good bit rate via cd through DVD player will be the best from my experience.Otherwise you have get help of your laptop with a good USB dac as I mentioned earlier.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back