Group Buy: Mauro Penasa MyRef Rev C kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
A picture speaks a thousand words (and prevents carpal tunnel syndrome).

803346dc_2.jpeg

171a9bc4_1.jpeg

a6162bea_3.jpeg

173724d7_4.jpeg

TC

@keith: this looks promising and I know the place. Will speak to them Friday. The 'industrial" looks of the cabinets is quite nice. Hope it looks good too in real life.
Thanks,
Joshua

Dinrack will drill the holes to your specs. I was in talks with them but lost patience once when their drawing expert did not come up with a verison for days. Otherwise they are your best bet for a good chassis. They are not too keen on custom colors though and will try and push whatever is available.

---G0bble

Dinrack will drill the holes to your specs. I was in talks with them but lost patience once when their drawing expert did not come up with a verison for days. Otherwise they are your best bet for a good chassis. They are not too keen on custom colors though and will try and push whatever is available.

---G0bble

This guys are still having holidays so couldn't speak to them yet. It's good to know that they will make the holes. I was fairly intimidated by the prospect of drilling and filing the holes, although do-able. So I will first make measurements and go there.

BTW, Toroidal Transformers contacted me after reading my mail. They are opening on Monday so hopefully my DIY quest should really start hotting up over the next weekend. :)

Last week I collecteda pair of Standard Kit and I partially populated one board. I am new to DIY, so it took me some time to match the components, but with prompt help from Siva, able to complete it. Appreciate his effort and patience in pursuing this to benefit many of us. I have no knowledge (dont ask me any technical questions), hence cautiously moving forward. The assembled PCB is shown below.

I have to now source the remaing components (see list below). I appreciate if any one could point to any reliable shops in SP Road (Bangalore) for the same and also the approx. price for these components. Some suggestions such as Arihant, Chetan and Advanced Micro Components on SP Road, I have noted those. In case anyone has additional info, please post the same.

- Caps x 4 10,000 uF (Panasonic)
- LM3886TF x 2
- Volume Pot x 1, spec (50k?)
- Torodial Transformer x 1 - 24-0-24, 5A, 240 VA (Mircale M22550 225VA, 2 x 25V, 4.5A or SV Tronicks)
- RCA Chasis mount x 2 pair
- Binding post x 2 pair
- IEC Power socket with inbuilt on/off switch x 1
- Heatsink x 2 - what size? 10" x 2" ?
- Heat sink paste
- Other miscellaneous items such as lug/tag/fast-on connectors, wires, screws etc.

Attachments

• DSCN2347.jpg
    DSCN2347.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 138
Last week I collecteda pair of Standard Kit and I partially populated one board. I am new to DIY, so it took me some time to match the components, but with prompt help from Siva, able to complete it. Appreciate his effort and patience in pursuing this to benefit many of us. I have no knowledge (dont ask me any technical questions), hence cautiously moving forward. The assembled PCB is shown below.

I have to now source the remaing components (see list below). I appreciate if any one could point to any reliable shops in SP Road (Bangalore) for the same and also the approx. price for these components. Some suggestions such as Arihant, Chetan and Advanced Micro Components on SP Road, I have noted those. In case anyone has additional info, please post the same.

- LM3886TF x 2
- Torodial Transformer x 1 - 24-0-24, 5A, 240 VA (Mircale M22550 225VA, 2 x 25V, 4.5A or SV Tronicks)
- Binding post x 2 pair
- Heat sink paste
- Other miscellaneous items such as lug/tag/fast-on connectors, wires, screws etc.

Hi I have found some items on element14
Caps 10000uf PANASONIC | element14 India
LM3886TF NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR|LM3886TF|AMP, OVERTURE MUTE 68W, 3886, | element14 India
RCA Chasis mount Audio / Video | element14 India
Binding post Binding Posts | element14 India
IEC Power socket Power Entry | element14 India

Please crosscheck with Siva before buying.

Regards,
Sachin

Hi I have found some items on element14
Caps 10000uf PANASONIC | element14 India
LM3886TF NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR|LM3886TF|AMP, OVERTURE MUTE 68W, 3886, | element14 India
RCA Chasis mount Audio / Video | element14 India
Binding post Binding Posts | element14 India
IEC Power socket Power Entry | element14 India

Please crosscheck with Siva before buying.

Regards,
Sachin

Hi Sachin,

Can an individual order from element14, or is a company registration required. Sorry for the off topic.

The price on element14 looks to be on the higher side than SP Road too.

Thanks
Joseph

Hi Sachin,

Can an individual order from element14, or is a company registration required. Sorry for the off topic.

The price on element14 looks to be on the higher side than SP Road too.

Thanks
Joseph

Hi,
You have to buy from Shopping.kitsnspares.com just copy paste element14 part no on kitsnspares.
The prices are on higher side,because all are imported parts.
Did you source enclosure for this?

Regards,
Sachin

Hi,
You have to buy from Shopping.kitsnspares.com just copy paste element14 part no on kitsnspares.
The prices are on higher side,because all are imported parts.
Did you source enclosure for this?

Regards,
Sachin

I am yet to get the cabinet. I may tag along with your B1 group buy and the proposed cabinet buy there if it is coming along.

Last edited:
I am also going to make the same amplifier. Premium kit will be reaching me soon. I already have a 25-0-25 220VA toroid, heat sink and 4 10000 mfd capacitors. And enclosures are on their way. Already have good quality binding posts.

The ones available from element 14 are costly. Try MX electronics ones.

- LM3886TF x 2
- Binding post x 2 pair
- Heat sink paste

@exljp, I am getting a R-core transformer form Hyderabad soon for the premium kit I am building. I have a quote of 1950 + 14.5% VAT + courier. PM me if you are interested and I can share the details. If you want we could even do a group buy.

I am also going to make the same amplifier. Premium kit will be reaching me soon. I already have a 25-0-25 220VA toroid, heat sink and 4 10000 mfd capacitors. And enclosures are on their way. Already have good quality binding posts.

The ones available from element 14 are costly. Try MX electronics ones.

From where did you get the kit?

Premium?? Can you share the details?

Yes got the premium kit from linuxguru costs twice the regular kit. Includes high end capacitors, resistors. Cav you send me the details of the R-core transformer form Hyderabad. I wanted a few R-cores.

Received the linuxguru kit today. Assembled the same. Waiting for LM3886 as well as the enclosure.

The premium kit consists some high quality resistors, nichicon and elna capacitors.

However 6 resistors were +-5% metal films (10k, 100k and 3.3K). I supposed all should have been +-1% or lower for a kit costing 4000 per monoblock.

LED is not provided.

Plus linuxguru has made some changes that I could no comprehend as they were labeled a crosses.

@linuxguru

I wanted to know about the changes where you have replaced the 47 ohm resistor and 150pf capacitor by a 330pf.

What the the audible differences between rev c and rev e?

What should be done with the CL60 variable resistor?

What i seem to understand is that i should short R42 by a wire bridge and use C32 as 330pf and C10 as 27pf.

Will post the images soon.

Ideal grounding scheme of the kit.?

Thanking you in advance.

I dont like anything smoking its better to be safe than sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back