Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

Can you let me know where you bought it? I asked in few shops in Pune today and lowest quote I received was 86k

I got it from Alpha, in Juhu.... This is with Tab, which Samsung confirmed that they will be sending in another 10 days......
I am not sure, whether the offer is still valid..... But you can take my reference (Sumit Jain, Wadala) and check with Alpha

Samsung is discontinuing this model and you wont be getting it if you delay !!! Get yours soon !!!

Even 86k is throwaway price for E8000 which is one of the top TV's available today in the world in terms of features and picture quality ( Only Panasonic VT50 and Sony HX950 is said to better E8000 but are exorbitant and also currently unavailable in India)!!!

How will be warranty works for tab2 as we don't have any bill specific to tab2

It would be good to know how it works and what will be consequences on warranty front if we sell it to others.

Appreciate response on this.

I have received a bill stating Value of the product is Rs12000 and it is for Advertisement purpose.

( Only Panasonic VT50 and Sony HX950 is said to better E8000 )!!!

Who says that? VT50 and E8000 are equal and have their own advantage and disadvantage in different picture parameters, i have already posted in depth comparison in many threads, specially when it comes to the 64" inch version. HX950 is an LCD so i guess it should not be compared with a plasma.

Last edited:
I have received a bill stating Value of the product is Rs12000 and it is for Advertisement purpose.
That was for insurance purpose (mentioned in same doc). As per as I know there is no bill for it and not sure about terms and condition on warranty front.

That was for insurance purpose (mentioned in same doc). As per as I know there is no bill for it and not sure about terms and condition on warranty front.

Yes it is true. We atleast have some paper to say that it is not Grey Market Piece.

Visited Devi Petrol pump here in bangalooru.

Box packed pieces avble for samms not for Pana.

Had a headache after demo, on top of it, the shop keeper is thinking hard to

reduce price to my level.

walked out of shop.

Lots of people -- i mean sales people but no customers.

Visited Devi Petrol pump here in bangalooru.

Box packed pieces avble for samms not for Pana.

Had a headache after demo, on top of it, the shop keeper is thinking hard to

reduce price to my level.

walked out of shop.

Lots of people -- i mean sales people but no customers.

why you had headache ? is it because of tv or sales people .
what price you asked it for ?
first see if you are still getting the free tab or not .

Post Facto:

The TV requires some time as your eyes adjust.

Seen a demo video.

Now the 3D effect was evident, but the eyes were doing all the

extrapolation. So naturally they got strained after a hard days work.

Also the motion appeared to be blurry at the central sections.

Now the Pana Ramesh pointed out 2500 hz for pana ST and GT models but he

could not give its demo as the googles were not charged and sams googles

were not mating with pana.

By the way the shop is actually a petrol bunk and appearedc as a shanty

shop to me. Lots of crowD all sales people no customer.

Atlast made it.. Got delivery of E8000 on Saturday. Got it at 90k plus tab offer...
Would be exchanging old 32" LCD with them ( expecting arnd 8-10k for it)

My frst impressions : Magic.
Beauty of Blacks and Theatrical Experience . Redefined TV Watching.

Running Slides 2 HRS a day with low contrast and brightness settings.

Special thanks to J4k, prosenjith for enlightening me about beauty of the plasma. Josh.madhav longshanks pralhadz my thanks to you for helpin me chose this beauty...

A long wait for a TV thus comes to an end... Had been looking out for a bigger an better TV for around an year. Was blindly to take 850.. HFV helped me out with what TV is all about.

For great movie nights to come..
Cheers.. !!!

Atlast made it.. Got delivery of E8000 on Saturday. Got it at 90k plus tab offer...

Special thanks to J4k, prosenjith for enlightening me about beauty of the plasma. Josh.madhav longshanks pralhadz my thanks to you for helpin me chose this beauty...

A long wait for a TV thus comes to an end... Had been looking out for a bigger an better TV for around an year. Was blindly to take 850.. HFV helped me out with what TV is all about.

Cheers.. !!!

Congratulations Karthik. Enjoy.
Download/update the latest TV software version. 001016

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

ane special precautions to be taken ?

am finding motion control not that responsive... hows everyone finding it

Motion control works better when you have a brightly lit space. Also, you need to place the camera exactly at '0 degree' angle.

For me voice & motion control are more of a 'show off' than actual use. You will notice that motion control works well when playing 'angry birds'.

Regards,

Cheers.. !!!
Congratulations.

Get belkin ultimate 8 series surge protector.
Enjoy tv.

Motion control works better when you have a brightly lit space. Also, you need to place the camera exactly at '0 degree' angle.

For me voice & motion control are more of a 'show off' than actual use. You will notice that motion control works well when playing 'angry birds'.

Regards,
true... they are just added gimmicks... though camera is decent enuf...
@prahlad...done and loaded... :)

Post Facto:

The TV requires some time as your eyes adjust.

Seen a demo video.

Now the 3D effect was evident, but the eyes were doing all the

extrapolation. So naturally they got strained after a hard days work.

Also the motion appeared to be blurry at the central sections.

Now the Pana Ramesh pointed out 2500 hz for pana ST and GT models but he

could not give its demo as the googles were not charged and sams googles

were not mating with pana.

By the way the shop is actually a petrol bunk and appearedc as a shanty

shop to me. Lots of crowD all sales people no customer.

That is a huge change - during Diwali week there were so many customers it was difficult to move. Felt that there were very few sales people around - actually it was full to the brim with customers.

congrats dial2karthik ! if properly setup and calibrated E8000 produces amazing picture with several reference level parameters.

If you plan to calibrate and do in depth adjustments after reading AVS or any calibrator settings then use the movie mode(where you can turn the noise control feature off), like Chad B said the pic produced will be the most cinematic of any television produced in 2012.

BTW the television can be installed with the vimeo app and it has a channel called world HD, if you have 4mbps or higher then watching videos online through that channel is just a wonderful experience.

Last edited:
true... they are just added gimmicks... though camera is decent enuf...
@prahlad...done and loaded... :)

I feel Motion Control is very much useful. Once you got habbit the Volume control and Channel change + / - is easy job. Now the user control panel seen at the top and bottom by UNIVERSAL Remote should be added to motion control tool bar. This will make the Motion Control Tool to be very very effective as many more commands will be added in that case.

I guess soon or later the Company is gonna add may software features to motion control. Like OLD Update (001013) to 001016 they added power off feature to the motion control.

Congratulations Dial2Karthik!! Enjoy!! :)
If you want to test 3D, download Sammy's Adventures (I think blu ray disc is available for UK region only) and IMAX:Under the Sea. It will show what the E8000 is capable of!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back