Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

Congratulations Kingjack! :)
Get the Belkin Ultimate Series Surge Protector and keep it ready when the Samsung guy comes. Costed me around 2.3K. Also get a 15 amp conversion plug from an electrical shop. The Samsung TV plug won't plug into the Belkin surge protector directly. Costs around 50 bucks.

I started watching right away. But avoided movies with black bars on top and bottom, by zooming the picture. If the picture couldn't be zoomed, I didn't watch it.

You can use break in slides too. Just4kix has put up a nice article on that. You can check it out.
It is OK to watch one movie a day in letterbox mode. That will not cause IR.

Congratulations Kingjack! :)
Get the Belkin Ultimate Series Surge Protector and keep it ready when the Samsung guy comes. Costed me around 2.3K. Also get a 15 amp conversion plug from an electrical shop. The Samsung TV plug won't plug into the Belkin surge protector directly. Costs around 50 bucks.

Thnks fr d information, bt is Surge protector required. I read somewhere that nowadays, surge protection is built in the TV chip and besides in Mumbai, its not needed. I just dnt want to over solve fr problem and unnecessary spend 2.5k.....However, if it is needed, thn i will get it

Besides, i m happy to share that brightness is not at all an issue.... Which was d single most concern before buying d TV......

I just got my new Sammy 51E8000 delivered an hour back......Costed arnd 79k.....

yet to get it installed by Sammy person........

Seems post Diwali, thr is some more drop in price and its available from most retailers at arnd 83-85k and from wholesellers shops at 79-80k

Can someone recommend if any particular thing needs to be done during "Break In Period" or can i just start watching videos from my Hard Disk......

Just loving d PQ...............
Congratulations. Enjoy it !!!

Share your experience with it. Please have surge protector as mentioned by sammydude

I haven't seen IR issues and used SD and HD channel for watching.

Exchanged my 51E550 with 51E8000 last week. Can anyone tell me how PVR function work in this model? Also, I changed 'smart hub' region from India to UK using >>289<< code. Although it worked, I was unable to use Netflix & BBC iPlayer due to internet geo-location. Is there a way to change internet access location so that I can use Netflix?

Other thing I noticed... there was a message 'Netflix coming to your country soon' on the screen :)

Actually I am facing issue in normal internet connection using wifi router. It's connecting to router and not to internet via it.
Anyone able to setup network setting by using router? Please let me know if you have done anything special apart from selecting router and providing it's credentials.

thanks, Pralhad.

No problem for me with my ST50. You should ensure the following settings in the wifi router:

a) DHCP must be automatic
b) Router must be setup in PPPoE mode

On TV:

a) IP settings: Automatic
b) Network WPA/WPA2 key: enter what you have set

No Problem for me also for E8000. It took 2mins max.
Yes we need to have the settings exactly the same as told by Just4Kix

I just got my new Sammy 51E8000 delivered an hour back......Costed arnd 79k.....

Seems post Diwali, thr is some more drop in price and its available from most retailers at arnd 83-85k and from wholesellers shops at 79-80k

Can you let me know where you bought it? I asked in few shops in Pune today and lowest quote I received was 86k

How will be warranty works for tab2 as we don't have any bill specific to tab2

It would be good to know how it works and what will be consequences on warranty front if we sell it to others.

Appreciate response on this.

As per one retailer, there is no warranty as it is a gift with no bill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hello All,

Finally I booked 51E8000 on 20th Oct 2012 i.e. Saturday and got delivery on the same day.
Yesterday(24th Evening) Samsung Engineer installed the TV.
Till now I am very happy with the quality and yet to receive the AirTel HD Box hence put it on the Tatasky normal SD.

Will update you soon for further experience.

Bye the Way : In next 10 days will receive the Samsung TAB 2 P310 which dealer is ready to take back at Rs14K.
If any buddy one is interested please let me know as the Selling price is Rs19,200.

Hi All,:)

Finally Received the TAB and sold it to a friend at Rs 18,000.
Hence the Final Effective price is Rs 65K.

Does the camera require an internet connection to work? If yes, how long does it take? I've successfully connected to the internet but am unable to view anything using the camera. All i see is a message saying connecting...

Does the camera require an internet connection to work? If yes, how long does it take? I've successfully connected to the internet but am unable to view anything using the camera. All i see is a message saying connecting...

Just try with connecting USB stick/pen drive with TV, as it creates a folder in the USB for storing the Pictures and the Videos. I hope it should solve the purpose.

So all the price reduction act from the company was for stock clearance.

I don't think so, as Now Samsung site shows it is available by Samsung E Store. Samsung E Store added almost all the Plasma TV except 470(51inch)

I don't think so, as Now Samsung site shows it is available by Samsung E Store. Samsung E Store added almost all the Plasma TV except 470(51inch)

Enter your pin code & check for availability, it will say 'Stock not available at this location' !

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back