Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

It is located at the Top Frame of TV exactly at the center. It also has Verticle Angle adjustment exactly back side of the TV.

Hence We can Adjust the Motion Sensor Target area Vertically.
Even you can record video via this camera. And as said you can also adjust vertical angle from nob behind camera.

yes i can see it now after zooming .
i think the newer sets assembled here in india are probably the best ones .

Lots of the problems that we hear about plasma TVs are overhyped. Buzzing problem, heat problem, spider Web cracks, burn in, high power consumption, vertical banding, dirty screen effect, etc. I am not denying that someone or other does not get those problems - maybe one or more. But on the internet only problems are reported. Very few ever say, I am going great guns while running the marathon. This is not just about TV; rather applies to every product.

The only issue is which users have to worry about is image retention and burn-in.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

I have a question regarding how colors are displayed. First time plasma buyer here so please excuse if it is a silly question. Is white supposed to look like grey in a plasma? This effect is pronounced while playing games especially in the Menu screen of games like FIFA13 etc. I've tried the 10 point white balance but it still looks grey to me. Any inputs appreciated.

Plasma will be less bright than LCD. Even though plasma has better response time and near zero input lag, I will not recommend using plasma for games and computer display. There is a high chance of image retention.

I have a question regarding how colors are displayed. First time plasma buyer here so please excuse if it is a silly question. Is white supposed to look like grey in a plasma? This effect is pronounced while playing games especially in the Menu screen of games like FIFA13 etc. I've tried the 10 point white balance but it still looks grey to me. Any inputs appreciated.

I tried to increase CONTRAST and whites appeared more whiter.

Plasma will be less bright than LCD. Even though plasma has better response time and near zero input lag, I will not recommend using plasma for games and computer display. There is a high chance of image retention.

i dont know why but i saw lag . the video was not smooth , at the same time it was very smooth on the led tv that was playing same video from same source .
when i asked salesman why is this ? he said its because plasma has 600hz and led has 800hz .

but i think it can be some other reason .

I just got my new Sammy 51E8000 delivered an hour back......Costed arnd 79k.....

yet to get it installed by Sammy person........

Seems post Diwali, thr is some more drop in price and its available from most retailers at arnd 83-85k and from wholesellers shops at 79-80k

Can someone recommend if any particular thing needs to be done during "Break In Period" or can i just start watching videos from my Hard Disk......

Just loving d PQ...............

Last edited:
I just got my new Sammy 51E8000 delivered an hour back......Costed arnd 79k.....

yet to get it installed by Sammy person........

Seems post Diwali, thr is some more drop in price and its available from most retailers at arnd 83-85k and from wholesellers shops at 79-80k

Can someone recommend if any particular thing needs to be done during "Break In Period" or can i just start watching videos from my Hard Disk......

Just loving d PQ...............

Congratulations Kingjack! :)
Get the Belkin Ultimate Series Surge Protector and keep it ready when the Samsung guy comes. Costed me around 2.3K. Also get a 15 amp conversion plug from an electrical shop. The Samsung TV plug won't plug into the Belkin surge protector directly. Costs around 50 bucks.

I started watching right away. But avoided movies with black bars on top and bottom, by zooming the picture. If the picture couldn't be zoomed, I didn't watch it.

You can use break in slides too. Just4kix has put up a nice article on that. You can check it out.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back