Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

Absolutely Mate !! Will wait even if required...:)

I waited nearly three years! But it was well worth it. Not that I needed the TV badly.

-2009: do not specifically remember models as enquiries were never serious but do remember that the best quality TVs were above 1.15l and that is where the upper circuit limit of 100k stuck to my mind
- 2010: the 50" VT20 was negotiated at 104k, Sony 46ex720 was 99,900 introductory price, 50UT50 82k. No freebees, Sony had ht package (bdp), 2 extra glasses, 1 3D title at 20k. Dealer did not have a VT20 for demo. Sony looked good. This was the closest that i came to purchase.
- 2011: 50st30 @ 108k without negotiating. No freebees on Panasonic or Sony
- 2012: well you all know what current prices are and what freebees are offered. July 2012 took the plunge. Got TV with free HT at 105k. Exchanged free ht with BDP. Do not regret the higher price paid because with free BDP worth 11k, I reckon the TV costed me 94k.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Thats how u r the master of the game:clapping:

I also prefer my own terms and my own thing,

even if i have to wait for it.

But i think the present tech has topped out.

now it time for new tech

OLED/ 4D TV / Small proj high Def TV. etc

Thats how u r the master of the game:clapping:

I also prefer my own terms and my own thing,

even if i have to wait for it.

But i think the present tech has topped out.

now it time for new tech

OLED/ 4D TV / Small proj high Def TV. etc
OLED: Yes, that is the future for now unless something radical comes along the way. OLED may be introduced in commercial lines next year at insane prices. Still a good 4 years to go to become affordable. Unless you have the money, of course. :)

4K TV: Where is the content? What about the bandwidth? Cable and DTH companies are struggling with HD. It is 1080i with 5.1 sound. 4K content will require bringing out a new successor format to BD. 4K players will cost an arm, leg and a kidney as well in the beginning. BDPs were $1000~$1500 initially (2006~2008). The prices fell to $200-225 in 2009 and became really affordable in 2010 onswards. Apply the same logic here. You are looking at 2017 at least if the players are introduced today. Unless you have the money, of course. :)

Small proj high def TV: I do not know exactly what you mean by that.

I waited nearly three years! But it was well worth it. Not that I needed the TV badly.

-2009: do not specifically remember models as enquiries were never serious but do remember that the best quality TVs were above 1.15l and that is where the upper circuit limit of 100k stuck to my mind
- 2010: the 50" VT20 was negotiated at 104k, Sony 46ex720 was 99,900 introductory price, 50UT50 82k. No freebees, Sony had ht package (bdp), 2 extra glasses, 1 3D title at 20k. Dealer did not have a VT20 for demo. Sony looked good. This was the closest that i came to purchase.
- 2011: 50st30 @ 108k without negotiating. No freebees on Panasonic or Sony
- 2012: well you all know what current prices are and what freebees are offered. July 2012 took the plunge. Got TV with free HT at 105k. Exchanged free ht with BDP. Do not regret the higher price paid because with free BDP worth 11k, I reckon the TV costed me 94k.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

"Patience is virtue"
Wait for what you need and then go for the kill.:)

New stock arriving tomorrow... Might get to book my TV now, before offer ends on Sunday...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here in Hyderabad seems it's (51E8000) out of stock.

I have got total 3 pieces: 1 for me and 2 for my friends and when trying for 4th piece for fellow member, my contact updated saying it's out of stock and they are not able to get it procured from HQ and that means it will be same story slowly everywhere.

I would suggest to grab it wherever available. It's good for VFM.

Again you can try for it in big shops as they have more turnover. I know if dealer meets company's target they will get extra 6-30% bonus on srp and that they can pass it to customer. So decide accordingly.

Thanks.

Last edited:
where is the built in camera located ? i cant see it in pictures .

It is located at the Top Frame of TV exactly at the center. It also has Verticle Angle adjustment exactly back side of the TV.

Hence We can Adjust the Motion Sensor Target area Vertically.

Attachments

• Camera-Location.jpg
    Camera-Location.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I couldn't get Sammy 51E8000 plasma anywhere. After that i considered and extensively demoed the following LEDs. Sammy ES6200, Sony HX750 and Lg LM6200, 6410 and 6700. Finally bought LG 47LM6700 at Rs.1.01L with 3DBD Player. I have done around 12 hours. First impression, 3D and 2D are excellent of pendrive. Yet to connect STB.
The 3DBD Player, I want to sell off. What will be the reasonable price?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back