Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

Wow. If this is true then I have a problem. The brand shop owner specifically said that their warranty covers everything and I can purchase anytime in 11 months from purchase. Because of this I didn't opt for financing and went with cash payment.
Samsung does provide extended warranty on LED TV's so the dealer might have got confused with that.

Guys I got it for 90k + tab offer(15k cashback) effectively 75k. Other dealers didn't have any stock but the brand shop had a couple. As mine is from July 2012. So new stock is not available probably.

Even though it is quoted as 95k (Samsung recommended price for all India) for 51e8000 it is available for about 85k ( The dealer has to adjust some how) from very few dealers. Even infibeam.com it is 88k with cash back 2k Aam Aadmi offer

Last edited:
David katzmaier of CNET has created this calibrated setting for E8000 plasma

--Picture menu
Mode: Movie
Cell Light: 20
Contrast: 95
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 0
Color: 50
Tint: G50/R50

When should I do the CNET calibration? After 100 hours?
I'm not running any break-in slides (not sure if I should :)).
Completed 12 hours of watching now.
Please let me know.

Even though it is quoted as 95k (Samsung recommended price for all India) for 51e8000 it is available for about 85k ( The dealer has to adjust some how) from very few dealers. Even infibeam.com it is 88k with cash back 2k Aam Aadmi offer

I even got quoted 80k but that dealer didn't have any stock (he said maybe after diwali) so he couldn't confirm the order. I even read his quote book (the one samsung gives to its dealers) and on top there was written in bold 'Allow upto 25000 discount on 51E8000 plasma and 10000 on rest of the models'. So i could have got it for 80k and sell the tab separately(10-15k) as he wouldn't take it back.

But i knew the offer was till 18th nov or stocks last and i didn't mind the price i gave as the few i asked didnt quote below 95k and didn't have stock.

Last edited:
If someone from Hyderabad and interested then can get in touch with me or Sam (sammydude)

Hi pralhadz/SammyDude

New to hiFiVision, so could not PM you guys... I am in Hyderabad and all dealers are quoting 95K only (Bajaj Electronics, Samsung Plaza, and few local dealers near Kukatpally). Can you please try doing PM me and let me know if I can get better price?

Thanks

Just got the Panel delivered, the carton says manufactured at
Plot No P-1 Sipcot Industrial Park Phase 2, Sunguvarchatram Post, Kanchipuram - 602105

Did any one got any panel manufactured in Korea?

Just got the Panel delivered, the carton says manufactured at
Plot No P-1 Sipcot Industrial Park Phase 2, Sunguvarchatram Post, Kanchipuram - 602105

Did any one got any panel manufactured in Korea?

There is nothing to worry on where the TV set gets manufactured. Generally, not the entire TV set gets manufactured in one single plant/location. TV Panel alone gets manufactured in a seperate location and the rest gets assembled in some other different locations. There are only very few LCD/Plasma manufacturing plants (mostly in Japan and Korea), but many assembly plants in different countries. I have a friend who got his Samsung LCD TV from Dubai in 2006 and that model was only available in Dubai, but it's name plate had "Made in India".

There is nothing to worry on where the TV set gets manufactured. Generally, not the entire TV set gets manufactured in one single plant/location. TV Panel alone gets manufactured in a seperate location and the rest gets assembled in some other different locations. There are only very few LCD/Plasma manufacturing plants (mostly in Japan and Korea), but many assembly plants in different countries. I have a friend who got his Samsung LCD TV from Dubai in 2006 and that model was only available in Dubai, but it's name plate had "Made in India".
Thanks Shan, I basically wanted to know if every one got it from same assembly or from Korea? I remember some one in this forum talking about getting E8000 panel from Korean plant. I am not in any way saying that if its manufactured/assembled in India is inferior. :) Its good to see more electronics getting assembled in India and making it affordable for Indians.

Thanks Shan, I basically wanted to know if every one got it from same assembly or from Korea? I remember some one in this forum talking about getting E8000 panel from Korean plant. I am not in any way saying that if its manufactured/assembled in India is inferior. :) Its good to see more electronics getting assembled in India and making it affordable for Indians.

WHere did u get

Most of samsung's television sold in India are manufactured in India but they do import the panels used from Korea for certain models. E8000 might be assembled in India but the panel must be from Korea, to check where the panel is made one might have to open up the television and check the serial number and code on the panel.

even i just got delivered a brand new 51e8000.thanks to all the members in this thread in helping me purchase this.
i got it through the bajaj finserv finance as they were giving 1 year extended warranty at a cost o rs.2825 which gets added in the emi though i had taken the full cash along with them.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back