Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

Indiatimes online shopping is offering Samsung 51E550 at Rs.66322/- with one year Samsung warranty and without any gifts. Seems to be good deal as compared to E8000 at dealer shop at Rs.75k (90k - 15k for tab). That is E550 is cheaper than E8000 by Rs.8678/-
Is it safe to buy from Indiatimes online?
Previously, I had bought AOC 3D 22" Monitor from them safely.

Indiatimes online shopping is offering Samsung 51E550 at Rs.66322/- with one year Samsung warranty and without any gifts. Seems to be good deal as compared to E8000 at dealer shop at Rs.75k (90k - 15k for tab). That is E550 is cheaper than E8000 by Rs.8678/-
Is it safe to buy from Indiatimes online?
Previously, I had bought AOC 3D 22" Monitor from them safely.

Personally I wouldn't even think twice paying 9k more for a TV that's significantly better and happens to be amongst the best Televisions money can buy currently. :)

Well, I have a story to tell. Stop reading right here if you hate long, winding and
boring stories. I simply can't resist telling the story of my search for an HDTV. :)

Last dec bought a PS3 during thanksgiving sale in US and someone brought it over.
Since it had a blu ray player, I slowly started getting thoughts about buying a HDTV.
So ordered an HDMI cable and Inception Blu Ray (4$!) disc along with the PS3.
Then I found this forum via google when I was searching for a TV to buy!
Boy, this was such an informative forum. My mind got changed from LED to Plasma in no
time! Started enquiring about PS51D550. I'm a fan of 3D and 3D is immersive when the
screen is big. Hence this choice.

Was about to book one in May 2012. My friend who was supposed to go with me didn't turn up that day
and on the same day one of the forum members who wanted to buy along with me suggested PS51E550.
Changed my mind again and started my enquiry about E550. Prices didn't drop.
In Aug the free Blu Ray player deal came up. Was about to book E550 when I realized the
blu ray player would be of no use to me since I was planning to buy blu ray discs only
for US where it's cheaper. Anyway I had the PS3 too. So thought I would wait for
Dussehra/Diwali deals. In the meantime I got Airtel DTH HD, Tahiti Blu Ray 3D (Amazon)
in the hope that I'll buy a HDTV. A classic case of buying helmet before buying a
bike!!

Dussehra time, and the mouth watering E8000 + Tab 2 festival deal came up.
My forum friend Pralhad and I had been eyeing the E550 for a long time. He convinced
and egged me on to go for E8000!
Thanks to his motivation and support, I've taken the plunge and booked the E8000, 2 weeks back.
Got it delivered today. Have taken 2 years extended warranty from Bajaj Finserv.
The warranty that Bajaj Finserv offers is the same as the manufacturer's warranty provided for the 1st year.

Ordered 2 additional 3D glasses from Amazon today. Also, forced my friend in US to
search and buy "Planet Earth" blu ray for 20$, which is a must-have for HDTV owners.

A big 'Thank you!' to Blasto, just4kix, aakashkr, madhavk8 and ak47 for their guidance/useful info provided
which helped me to buy a plasma TV. The information povided by them and others on this forum is priceless!!
Love this forum! :)

Thanks to Pralhad who was instrumental in making me fall for the E8000. :)
Yet to set up the TV. Will post movie and gaming pics once it's done.
Can't wait to play Uncharted 2 and Tomb Raider now! :)

img3442k.jpg
img3453w.jpg

Last edited:
Brightness of the TV in high Natural Lights in the Living room.

Hello All,

I am sorry for late posting the pics here, but I am sure many of us will be happy with the work I have done, off course by just4klix, madhavk8 & avmaxfan guideline.

Basically I have configured the CNET's Picture settings and then I have taken the Pictures of the TV from exactly 5 feet distance with no settings change of the camera used. Also I am using the AirTel HD Recorder so the Movies NOW HD has exactly same shots to compare with the different level Natural light source in my living room.

I have taken the pics with the maximum possible natural lights in the living room with direct sun light at just 3feet distance from the TV which I am sure it is the extreme condition of having the maximum natural light, hence also taken and compared the pics with moderate light conditions.

The Conclusion is :
The Brightness of the Plasma TV is not at all a issue with CNET Settings, but the direct reflections is very sensitive. I have exactly 180 deg opposite window with Semi-Transparent Curtains, hence I can see the reflections but is very minimal.

For High Resolution Pictures please click below:
https://picasaweb.google.com/ashishjoshi09/Samsung8SeriesPlasmaPictures#

Now I have the pics taken at night I will compile those and will upload it in next 2-3 days.
Also I have purchased the DMP-BDT220 of Panasonic (Thanks to just4klix) Soon will try to do some photo session with BD for comparison.

Last edited:
Yeah please provide details about extended warranty and financing
Here is the deal with the financing, you make 25% of the final deal price as down payment rest in 8 interest free installments. There are no processing charges. They might ask you to buy a EMI card for future purchases which will cost you Rs200/- but its useless.
The documents you need : a credit card, Address and ID proof. If you dont have a credit card they you need to provide 3 months bank statement and proof of income, processing takes 3 days, If you have the credit card they process the loan immediately.
I am keen on knowing about Extended warranty. I am buying this TV over the weekend. Their website talks about 1 yr extended warranty post Manufacturer warranty but need to know how it works etc Extended Warranty - Bajaj Finserv Lending - Opt for loans & term insurance services Any help is appreciated

Well, I have a story to tell. Stop reading right here if you hate long, winding and
boring stories. I simply can't resist telling the story of my search for an HDTV. :)

Last dec bought a PS3 during thanksgiving sale in US and someone brought it over.
Since it had a blu ray player, I slowly started getting thoughts about buying a HDTV.
Boy, this was such an informative forum. My mind got changed from LED to Plasma in no
time! Started enquiring about PS51D550. I'm a fan of 3D and 3D is immersive when the

Was about to book one in May 2012. My friend who was supposed to go with me didn't turn up that day
and on the same day one of the forum members who wanted to buy along with me suggested PS51E550.
In Aug the free Blu Ray player deal came up. Was about to book E550 when I realized the
blu ray player would be of no use to me since I was planning to buy blu ray discs only
for US where it's cheaper. Anyway I had the PS3 too. So thought I would wait for
Dussehra/Diwali deals. In the meantime I got Airtel DTH HD, Tahiti Blu Ray 3D (Amazon)
in the hope that I'll buy a HDTV. A classic case of buying helmet before buying a
bike!!

My forum friend Pralhad and I had been eyeing the E550 for a long time. He convinced
Thanks to his motivation and support, I've taken the plunge and booked the E8000, 2 weeks back.
Got it delivered today. Have taken 2 years extended warranty from Bajaj Finserv.
The warranty that Bajaj Finserv offers is the same as the manufacturer's warranty provided for the 1st year.

Ordered 2 additional 3D glasses from Amazon today. Also, forced my friend in US to
search and buy "Planet Earth" blu ray for 20$, which is a must-have for HDTV owners.

A big 'Thank you!' to Blasto, just4kix, aakashkr, madhavk8 and ak47 for their guidance/useful info provided
which helped me to buy a plasma TV. The information povided by them and others on this forum is priceless!!

img3442k.jpg
img3453w.jpg

Congrats Sammy

Which shop did you purchase from and what was the final cost (excluding extended warranty)?

I bought it for 90k and will get 15k cashback for tab. Learned that Samsung provide extended warranty through their service center so I didn't need bajaj financing.

Will be installed soon. Will pair it with Denon 1312 purchased for 34k.

hi sammy how much you have paid for extended warranty

Hi Could you help to guide as to how you got the warranty and the premium for it?

More so , what is covered under that extended warranty?

Yeah please provide details about extended warranty and financing

I am keen on knowing about Extended warranty.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Was busy getting the TV set up today.
Needless to say, picture quality is amazing! Played "Ultimate Wave:Tahiti 3D" from my PS3. 3D was superb. No crosstalk. No headache too for me. :)

Btw, coming to the extended warranty part, I'm still confused. :)
The Bajaj Finserv guy told me that for 1 year extended warranty the premium is 2.2K. For 2 years it is 4.7K in total. So opted for 2 years. He said the 4.7K amount would get deducted through my EMIs.

Another friend of mine also bought the same TV and he was told that Bajaj offers only 1 year extended warranty for 2.2K He opted for that.
As techy mentioned above, even the website mentioned only 1 year. Called up Bajaj Allianz customer care. They also confirmed that there is only 1 year extended warranty.

So, I'm assuming that the Bajaj guy was wrong about the 2 year extended warranty which he offered me. I still haven't got the documents related to the EMIs and the Extended Warranty. Only after I get it, I'll know for sure.

As of now based on my friend's experience and what the website says, I would assume that I will get only 1 year extended warranty at 2.2K.

Also the warranty is the same as what the manufacturer offers. So, panel is covered.

I can post camera caps of the extended warranty manual if anyone wants to know what's covered.

Let me know if you have doubts.

Enjoy the E8000 :D use a 1KVA servo stabilizer to avoid unfortunate problems.
I heard servo stabilizer has surge protection + voltage stabilizer functionality. If it is true then can someone tell me how many Joules of spike 1kva stab can absorb. I am having Belkin's ultimate series surge protector. Will that be sufficient or we need to have stab too.

bike!!

img3442k.jpg
img3453w.jpg
Sam, I knew you will love it. Enjoy it :)

Got my TV installed. Actually impressed with it! my local cable looks good. Will be installing Videocon HD tomorrow and denon 1312xp and update with experience later. Only using Movie mode right now.

Though mine is manufactured in July 2012.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back