Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

kawai has told " You can check for how long the panel has been into operation by following these instructions:

(i) In the service menu select option byte (left column).
(ii) Select option Panel hours/time (left column).
'
chk tat if its showing

congrts mate... lets know the SD processing... heard sammy is good at it..
I have seen almost all high end plasma. SD will be generally not that good specially if you go with 51+
Actually my requirement was movie/Full HD and not SD so was not worried. However I was amazed seeing SD clarity on E8000. It's too good.

Other user also can add their experience.

kawai has told " You can check for how long the panel has been into operation by following these instructions:

(i) In the service menu select option byte (left column).
(ii) Select option Panel hours/time (left column).
'
chk tat if its showing

How do I enter service menu?

Really impressed with SD quality. Like i said before, my pics look darker than they are because of light coming on the camera lens. Will post more pics when everything is setup under different conditions.

BTW, to get to service menu, with the TV on, press Mute-7-3-7-Enter. The number next to MRT is the hours panel has ran. Mine says 0 :thumbsup:

Sorry for the delay in replying. Was busy getting the TV set up today.
Needless to say, picture quality is amazing! Played "Ultimate Wave:Tahiti 3D" from my PS3. 3D was superb. No crosstalk. No headache too for me. :)

Btw, coming to the extended warranty part, I'm still confused. :)
The Bajaj Finserv guy told me that for 1 year extended warranty the premium is 2.2K. For 2 years it is 4.7K in total. So opted for 2 years. He said the 4.7K amount would get deducted through my EMIs.

Another friend of mine also bought the same TV and he was told that Bajaj offers only 1 year extended warranty for 2.2K He opted for that.
As techy mentioned above, even the website mentioned only 1 year. Called up Bajaj Allianz customer care. They also confirmed that there is only 1 year extended warranty.

So, I'm assuming that the Bajaj guy was wrong about the 2 year extended warranty which he offered me. I still haven't got the documents related to the EMIs and the Extended Warranty. Only after I get it, I'll know for sure.

As of now based on my friend's experience and what the website says, I would assume that I will get only 1 year extended warranty at 2.2K.

Also the warranty is the same as what the manufacturer offers. So, panel is covered.

I can post camera caps of the extended warranty manual if anyone wants to know what's covered.

Let me know if you have doubts.
@sammydude, it would be great if you could post snaps of the extended warranty pages thanks in advance :)

I bought it for 90k and will get 15k cashback for tab. Learned that Samsung provide extended warranty through their service center so I didn't need bajaj financing.

Will be installed soon. Will pair it with Denon 1312 purchased for 34k.
I have spoken to Samsung customer care and they categorically said, they dont have provision for extended warranty on Plasma panels. They do provide extended warranty on LED panels.
I am not sure how Samsung service center can provide extended warranty, what I have heard so far they do provide annual maintenance contract a.k.a AMC which does not cover panel it only covers labor cost if there is any repair.
If you have heard something other than this please let me know. I am looking for the extended warranty that covers the panel :)

Really impressed with SD quality. Like i said before, my pics look darker than they are because of light coming on the camera lens. Will post more pics when everything is setup under different conditions.

BTW, to get to service menu, with the TV on, press Mute-7-3-7-Enter. The number next to MRT is the hours panel has ran. Mine says 0 :thumbsup:
Congrats !! enjoy !!

Can someone tell me 3D glass model No. which comes with this TV? I heard they are now giving SSG-3050 instead of SSG-4100! Owners pls. clarify.

I have spoken to Samsung customer care and they categorically said, they dont have provision for extended warranty on Plasma panels. They do provide extended warranty on LED panels.
I am not sure how Samsung service center can provide extended warranty, what I have heard so far they do provide annual maintenance contract a.k.a AMC which does not cover panel it only covers labor cost if there is any repair.
If you have heard something other than this please let me know. I am looking for the extended warranty that covers the panel :)

Wow. If this is true then I have a problem. The brand shop owner specifically said that their warranty covers everything and I can purchase anytime in 11 months from purchase. Because of this I didn't opt for financing and went with cash payment.

You can cover Fire, Breakdown, Theft Insurance policy with any general insurance company for just Rs.1200 per year. It is known as TELEVISION SET policy.

Yesterday I went to the market to buy 51E8000. Sathya Agency, ten days back, had agreed for 95K. But yesterday they said NO STOCK. SAMSUNG says stocks will reach on 20-11-12.

@ LN :

meanwhile E8000 is available at 95k from Samsung COCO outlets... Some dealers offer discounts... I was offered 92k by one particular dealer..

Regarding Galaxy Tab 2 , they are willing to take it back at 13k .. could negotiatie further...

Guys I got it for 90k + tab offer(15k cashback) effectively 75k. Other dealers didn't have any stock but the brand shop had a couple. As mine is from July 2012. So new stock is not available probably.

Guys I got it for 90k + tab offer(15k cashback) effectively 75k. Other dealers didn't have any stock but the brand shop had a couple. As mine is from July 2012. So new stock is not available probably.
If someone from Hyderabad and interested then can get in touch with me or Sam (sammydude)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back