Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

Ok will do that. Do you think its better to negotiate on phone or go there and do it in person?

He clearly said best prices from store only. My experience has been good visiting the store as I got the VT20 for best price that time.

He clearly said best prices from store only. My experience has been good visiting the store as I got the VT20 for best price that time.

Ok have to do that then. Hope he takes back the printer and hungama.com offer and gives me a good price, otherwise E8000 is the best deal with its price and goodies on offer.

Any reviews on Bajaj Finance Extended warranty? Samsung provides only first year. :sad: need to decide quickly on extended warranty any advice is appreciated

Last edited:
Thats really good. When I bought my 51 in plasma from samsung, it went kaput in 10 days. I really had to threaten them with a court case and what not to get my refund. It took 3 months. :D

Did you receive an offer for replacement by Samsung or the from store ?

here is a nice review of 64" E8000.
Samsung PS64E8000 Performance

Samsung PS64E8000 Calibration

The reviewer measured a calibrayed ANSI black of 0.020 cd/m2 which is excellent IMO and he also noted this :

During the review process, we didnt see any image retention at all, suggesting that reports of Samsungs larger plasma TVs using different panel materials are accurate. The performance here is really surprising, and will be very reassuring for users of video games or TV channels with permanent on-screen logos.

Black Level & Contrast Performance
The contrast performance of Samsungs largest plasma televisions is, on the whole, probably comparable to Panasonics highest-end European plasmas, but slightly lower than its midrange models. Sound confusing? It is, because with the current batch of PDPs from both leading manufacturers, there are trade-offs when it comes to contrast performance and overall accuracy.
Lets start with the Samsung PS64E8000. We measured full-screen black (with a few pixels of white on screen to avoid the panel shutting off trick) at 0.017 cd/m2, with a 100 IRE (full video white) window measuring at 109 cd/m2 in the same configuration. Thats very good performance. More importantly for real world usage, the E8000 held onto its dark blacks even during an ANSI checkerboard test (when the screen is divided into white and black squares equally), returning 0.020 cd/m2 in this case. The difference of 0.003 cd/m2 is too small to be noticeable.
Panasonics GT50 and VT50 are more confusing, with their minimum luminance level now being reported as 0.017 0.020 cd/m2 in the [Professional] modes, and peak light output being capped at a disappointingly low 90 cd/m2 and 80 cd/m2 respectively. Thats not the case in their other picture modes (such as the THX-branded preset), but those modes do not have access to the full range of video calibration controls. In Europe, Panasonics mid-range ST50 plasmas have the best contrast performance, with 0.009 cd/m2 blacks, and whites topping out at around 120 cd/m2. Yes, the cheaper model has better contrast performance than the two higher-end ones although theres only basic calibration controls on the ST50. In any case, the apparent bug with Panasonics GT50 and VT50 in the [Professional] modes mean that, for videophile users having the display calibrated, for the first time, a Samsung plasma TV has superior contrast performance when minimum luminance level (black level) and peak white are considered.

source : Samsung]Samsung PS64E8000 Performance]Samsung PS64E8000 Performance

Any owners opinion of this in a well-lit room? I am really tempted now to cash on this offer and save good amounts of money by not getting hx850.

Also Heart Says PANASONIC , but the pocket in front says SAMSUNG!:ohyeah:

You should follow your heart then,:) and get a GT or VT50.

For me personally looking at the pricing and after reading all the info i could possibly collect both my heart and pocket says 64 E8000:D but my mind asks why the hell do you need another television?:p

Well, waiting for Panasonic to drop the prices !!:rolleyes::ohyeah:

Also Heart Says PANASONIC , but the pocket in front says SAMSUNG!:ohyeah:

:) Great to have fun ... isn't it ?
Any way, what is the warranty period offered for E8000 ? I know for ST50/GT50 is 3 years. I hope E8000 also comes with 3 years warranty.

Can anyone please confirm which model of the tablet is Samsung offering with the TV? The Samsung advertisement mentions the older Galaxy Tab 7 whereas here our friends are reporting that Samsung is offering the newer Tab 2 in 7".

Also, are some buyers being offered the Airtel HD STB too?

It is Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

Anyone knows how to check running hours for this set?

I have came to know one of nearby showroom that they got 19 booking in just 2 days and 40+ from their main distributor and seems it's out of stock now.

After ST50, it is the E8000 which half of the world is after. The demand has overgrown the supply significantly in India. Samsung owes many thanks to Panasonic now...

You can check for how long the panel has been into operation by following these instructions:

(i) In the service menu select option byte (left column).
(ii) Select option Panel hours/time (left column).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back