Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

Manufactured and shipped this same month of October??

Yes! My TV box reads manufactured in November and was delivered to me on 9th of November. It's surprising but it may be true.

Which stabilizer/surge protection I should buy for this set? Any suggestion would be helpful? Thanks.

Buy a good one. After investing about a lakh, only the last risk you would take to earn some damage due to current surge or sudden power drop. I am using an APC UPS with surge protection.

Just got the Panel delivered, the carton says manufactured at
Plot No P-1 Sipcot Industrial Park Phase 2, Sunguvarchatram Post, Kanchipuram - 602105

Did any one got any panel manufactured in Korea?

Mine too is manufactured at Kancheepuram ;-)

Josh! can you post pics of your TV playing a Bluray/or HD channel in complete darkness ? That will truly show off the capabilities of the TV :)

This is how my TV looks at around 10am in a naturally lit room (big windows just beside the TV. Camera facing the windows):

Naturally%20Lit%20Room.JPG

After completing some 50 odd hours of break-in, I watched a movie (1080p) last night and posting the pictures here (excuse the camera shake):

The%20Rum%20Diary%20%282%29.JPG

The%20Rum%20Diary%20%283%29.JPG

The%20Rum%20Diary%20%284%29.JPG

The%20Rum%20Diary%20%285%29.JPG

The%20Rum%20Diary%20%286%29.JPG

The%20Rum%20Diary%20%287%29.JPG

The%20Rum%20Diary%20%288%29.JPG

It may be noted that these pictures have been taken while the movie is in action.

Last edited:
Does cell light also need to be kept low during breakin period...
In case of HD Channels i feel the logo is transparent..can we view those in fit to screen mode

Did any one try audio out from TV to AVR using SPDIF connection? need advise on which SPDIF cable to buy? any specific make?
I just figured my AVR and TV support only Optical SPDIF so I cant look at Co-ax

Last edited:
I have allshare DLNA server setup on my Laptop when I play small files it plays perfect when I play any file bigger than 50 megs it starts buffering and takes a while to play. Both TV and Laptop are connected via Wi-Fi. From googling around found that Wi-Fi may be a culprit will try to run wire up both lappy and TV and see if that makes any difference. I have Linksys W2000 router. Any other pointers to fix this issue?

I have allshare DLNA server setup on my Laptop when I play small files it plays perfect when I play any file bigger than 50 megs it starts buffering and takes a while to play. Both TV and Laptop are connected via Wi-Fi. From googling around found that Wi-Fi may be a culprit will try to run wire up both lappy and TV and see if that makes any difference. I have Linksys W2000 router. Any other pointers to fix this issue?

Yes, wifi and network bandwidth is the issue. Read my ST50 thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Did any one try audio out from TV to AVR using SPDIF connection? need advise on which SPDIF cable to buy? any specific make?
I just figured my AVR and TV support only Optical SPDIF so I cant look at Co-ax

The location of a/v and component-in ports are a bit in convenient. Still experimenting with connecting it to my HT. Since my HT supports co-ax SPIDF, it is not compatible with E8000 now. No escape from buying an optical cable...

Is the free Tab offer still going on? What's the latest best price (preferably in Pune) for this TV? Last best price I heard was 83K towards Oct end. How much has been rise or drop in price since then?

is tat a dual band router... cuz wat i heard is 2.4ghz is mostly used for internet and doesn permit high media streaming excellently. while dual band routers allows HD media streamin by 5ghz...

n to my understanding local broadband lines are either 54mbps or 100mbps line..
can anyone enlighten more on this..

Finally my free Tab 2 has arrived :yahoo: They took a month & 6 days to deliver !!! That too after lodging a complain to 'Office of CEO'. I can't understand why Samsung make these things complicated. During the waiting period, no one had any clue on the status :mad:

true... no process of tracking status... could ve handle t better... i havent received yet..my colleague is waiting for past 1.5 months...

true... no process of tracking status... could ve handle t better... i havent received yet..my colleague is waiting for past 1.5 months...
I think everyone should get it however there might be time difference.
I got mine in 4 weeks time and my friends in 5 weeks time.

Samsung brand shop in Forum mall in Bangalore said 51E8000 model is discontinued (as of 19-Dec-12). And non of the online shops also have it.

Anyone recently purchased a 51E8000 in Bangalore ? where and what price ?

I think everyone should get it however there might be time difference.
I got mine in 4 weeks time and my friends in 5 weeks time.

I am waiting for past six weeks for the Tab. Worse is the absence of any feed back other than that they are ware of the complaint and that it has been elevated to a higher level ! But that does not seem to make any material difference.

Jayant

got a confirmation from Samsung. or atleast that person claimed to be directly from Samsung and not a dealer, that 51E8000 is discontinued. The replacement model will be announced in Feb/March. His name is Stephen. 9 - 5- 3-8- 8:9:0 : 0: 1 :2 :5 based in Bangalore.

I guess I will have to wait few more months before upgrading from my old Pani CRT to Plasma :-( or wait till next Diwali for them to clear their stock and a get good offer

The dealer in Pune also told me that there is very less chance of this model becoming available in the market as it has now been discontinued.

I don't understand why Samsung decided to discontinue this model in spite of so much demand. May be, the demand was only because of the price reduction and the free Tab offer. May be, they just wanted to clear the stock before officially discontinuing it.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back