Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

After reading a lot of reviews and forums went with denon x4800 and seriously regretting it. The inbuilt aamp in it sounds worser than shitttt....what have they been thinking!!!!
More than a decade old my pioneer lx57 class D amps sounds far superior....

Then had to buy anthem (MCA 325) for LCR and that actually got everything else sorted. Now using x4800 only for surrounds.
Wanted to try crown and bought xls2502 and extremely happy with it. Surprisingly for the one tenth the price it sounds better than anthem mca325.

Got polk R700 - they are good but repent on going to savings mode and not choosing R11 meta

Polk centre (R350 or???) R series has serious reliability issues. Got their tweeter blown twice in 6months.

Polk sounds good enough for me.
But comparing to my previous monitor audio silver series setup...polk sounds punchier, more warmer and louder but the level of refinement is not there yet....may be burn in would make it sound better.

Overall i doubt the voice and hi frequency response would match the refinement level of monitor audio silver series.

As for the amp anthem sounds better than pioneer lx57 class D amp. Crown xls 2502 sounds better than anthem.

Really would love a solution to use the amps in my pioneer lx57 , may be some sort of rca to hdmi conversion and put lx57 in pure direct mode. They sound excellent.
Burn in won’t make you polks sound like monitor audio.

By warmer, do you mean fuzzier and less exacting?
I guess yes. But now when listening to monitor audio again, sounds lean and the 24 feet wide soundstage is more filling with an exact centre imaging without a centre speaker! (The minitor audio had a tough time filling 16feet )

Finally added a power amp to my setup- the Norge 1200 Pro. It does 125 W x 2 @ 4 Ohm and is MOSFET based. It really got the KEF LS 50 Metas singing. Low end is very satisfying and I can now feel a mild low end rumble/vibration in the sofa or coffee table in front of me. Very happy so far.

Attachments

• 4664B386-F6C9-49B3-A185-7322B5753DF3.jpeg
    4664B386-F6C9-49B3-A185-7322B5753DF3.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 193AA77E-5DAF-492E-995B-0A3F661B19D4.jpeg
    193AA77E-5DAF-492E-995B-0A3F661B19D4.jpeg
    297.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 0ED0E210-6142-4E60-B79E-B7B32A464E96.jpeg
    0ED0E210-6142-4E60-B79E-B7B32A464E96.jpeg
    337 KB · Views: 157
Finally added a power amp to my setup- the Norge 1200 Pro. It does 125 W x 2 @ 4 Ohm and is MOSFET based. It really got the KEF LS 50 Metas singing. Low end is very satisfying and I can now feel a mild low end rumble/vibration in the sofa or coffee table in front of me. Very happy so far.
Congrats. Looks sick!

I'm quite curious about the 8 ohm rating and MRP of the product - Norge's pricing has always been an enigma 😄

I guess yes. But now when listening to monitor audio again, sounds lean
that depends on how capable your loudspeakers are at filling any given room. For that, you need to find the right speaker to properly pressurize your room. Too small a speaker and it'll sound lean. Too large a speaker and it'll sound boomy!
and the 24 feet wide soundstage is more filling with an exact centre imaging without a centre speaker! (The minitor audio had a tough time filling 16feet )
That depends on the horizontal dispersion of your speakers and toe in to a great extent.

but, it's awesome that you find that the Polk is a better fit for your room. At the end of the day, that's what matters most.

Congrats. Looks sick!

I'm quite curious about the 8 ohm rating and MRP of the product - Norge's pricing has always been an enigma 😄
Norge and it’s set up itself is a mystery. 😊Their pre amps have been a weakness but the power amp is a beast. I used to love their 2060 model - my first foray into hifi. Had they worked on their pre amps this would have been quite a brand in the industry. The power amp seems to have huge reserves - was playing music at 75 db today which was plenty loud but the amp was cool moving between 10 watts to 45 watts. Couldn’t test beyond that since neighbors would have landed at my place 😅

that depends on how capable your loudspeakers are at filling any given room. For that, you need to find the right speaker to properly pressurize your room. Too small a speaker and it'll sound lean. Too large a speaker and it'll sound boomy!

That depends on the horizontal dispersion of your speakers and toe in to a great extent.

but, it's awesome that you find that the Polk is a better fit for your room. At the end of the day, that's what matters most.
All that is good. But i want that room filling wide stage with monitor audio kind of tonal balance😅, but budget!!

Connected polk r700 to my pioneer lx57 (old avr)...Oh man!! And now my assumption that home theatre gear cant handle my big space (24feet ~x 23feet~ x 9.5feet~) is all gone to fumes.
This polk is made for pioneer!! And pioneer seems to like polk more than anything!!

Loving it.
When listened back to back between denon x4800 and pioneer lx57 - pioneers bass delivery is elevated and the adrenaline is addictive. Then comes the hi's - the trebles are very smooth and the mids too sound stronger...feels like more current!! Everything sounds pronounced in pioneer!!

Denon (x4800) on the other hand sounds like plain vanila...
My daughter says denon all instruments are clear...but i feel otherwise...The lack of power!!

Denon is only comparable when connected to an external amp. But when connected directly to denon amp it all sounds mushy shit!!!

Bass becomes slightly overpowering and boomy in pioneer many times which is not the case with denon...but most of the time I end up cursing denon!!

Not gear. But just bought the entire catalog of Hindustani music classical CDs from India Archive music. Just landed today straight from NYC.
More exciting than gear strangely :)

Canadian Wow GIF by DJ Khaled

Not gear. But just bought the entire catalog of Hindustani music classical CDs from India Archive music. Just landed today straight from NYC.
More exciting than gear strangely :)
Are they well recorded?
Can you name a few favourite of yours ?

Will do, I have 4 other IAM CDs, fabulous recording. I am hoping these 85 are of the same quality.

Favorite so far has been Malini Rajurkars session, I listen to the Bhairavi bandish from that cd almost every morning.

this is why i love this forum, learn something new every day..lovely introductions, heard said song on youtube...just mind blowing.

I guess all these are not available on any streaming platforms. ain't it?
Nope. The CDs are worth the purchase, will be writing a post about this, but the recording of every single CD is stunning. It's completely uncoloured.

Gets some time to get used to, but then you realise unlike most classical CDs, here, the recording engineer has not added anything (no reverb, no tilted highs or mids or lows, nada). No noise. zip. no masala. Only pure music, and then you realise, you have clear transparent path straight into the soul of the raga.

The CDs were cheap too, cost me only 470 INR per CD, including shipping, customs, everything: https://indiaarchivemusic.com/

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back