Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Featured.. Wharfedale 10.1, norge 2060, philips dvdp, amkette flash tv, sonodyne genie power pack, digitech rp1000, randall rg15xm, schecter 006 blackjack.. [IMG2][/IMG2]

Attachments

• DSC00025.jpg
    DSC00025.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 839
Last edited:
Hello fellow hifi-ers, here's a pic of my set-up:

& another one. I have just moved in, so no curtains put up yet.

Media players: WD HD TV [2nd gen.], Sony BDP-S370
Receiver: Denon 2311BKE2
Amplifier: Emotiva XPA5
Speakers: DefTech ProCenter1000[C], BP7006[L+R], ProMonitor1000[SL+SR]
Subwoofer: HSU ULS-15
TV: LG 50PJ350 - 50" HD ready Plasma

Hi Balajitr,

Thats a fearfully powerful system you possess.

Questions though .....
1) would you really require the HSU sub ... since the front speakers have inbuilt sub-woofers (300 W) with 17 Hz capability?

2) Emotiva XPA 5 ... ? the Denon 2311 should have been more than sufficient!

Anyway, feel sorry for your neighbours ...... :)

Balaji,

Awesome setup..... :clapping: Back wall design is :licklips:

Enjoy the setup.

btw where is AXIS4 located :rolleyes: ?

Kittu

Here is my simple 5.1 setup with

1.Panasonic 32LX700, purchase month-year:-Dec,2007.
2.Lg BD370 bluray player, purchase month-year:-Dec,2009
3.Yamaha Fronts(NS 8900), :-purchase month-year:-Dec,2007
4.Yamaha centre - surround(NS-P60), purchase month-year:-Dec,2002
5.sony SA-WM500 150W subwoofer,purchase month-year:sep,2006
6.RX-V663 7.1 reciever,purchase year:-jan,2010(replaced my 8 year old Yamaha RX-V430 with this)

myhtnew.jpg

myht1new.jpg

myht2new.jpg

Have a projector based setup in another room (will post it later)

regards:)

Thanks to Hifivision and all the respected members-----now i have almost completed setup of my HT ROOM.

Above are the pictures before Acoustic treatment, and the below are after the basic acoustic treatment. .Still i need acoustic panels for first reflection points + bass traps + diffusers etc.

I had a limited budget so it required lot of thinking, guidance and hard-work beforehand. Extensive price comparison and selection was done for all the materials/items.( Toughest part):)

1) Armstrong acoustic tiles are used for ceiling
2) For walls 8 ft x 4 ft acoustic/fiber board + high density/thick glasswool is used.
3)The board is covered with non woven carpet
4) used my old window Air conditioner due to budget constraints (split Ac may next time i renovate :) )
5) Purchased new PJ screen 7 ft x 5 ft @ Rs 8500/- + surround wharfedale WH2 speaker pair @ Rs 6300/- + Dishtv HD STB @ Rs 2900/- + WDTV Live @ Rs 6500/- + ITB WD USB HDD
@ Rs 4300/- + HDMI Switch, 3 in one out @ Rs 4500/- + sofa cum bed @ Rs 4200/- + Belkin 8 socket extension board for surge protection @ Rs 1400/- + Airtel 1MBPS broadband connection, unlimited @ Rs 660 P.M

100_5771.jpg

100_5725.jpg

100_5778.jpg

100_5813.jpg

100_5820.jpg

100_5775.jpg

100_5755.jpg

100_5742.jpg

100_5733.jpg

100_5731.jpg

100_5728.jpg

Cheers :yahoo:

Last edited:
Hi Balajitr,

Thats a fearfully powerful system you possess.

Questions though .....
1) would you really require the HSU sub ... since the front speakers have inbuilt sub-woofers (300 W) with 17 Hz capability?

2) Emotiva XPA 5 ... ? the Denon 2311 should have been more than sufficient!

Anyway, feel sorry for your neighbours ...... :)
Hi aVidyarthy....with subwoofers I feel more is better, multiple subs tend to remove the 'dead' spots in the room. In my case all 6 seats get almost equal bass treatment!

I wanted to keep the amp separate from the processor, hence the XPA5 + 2311. With any luck the XPA5 will be with me for a long long period, within which I would be replacing the receiver to get the latest hardware/firmware.

Thanks to Hifivision and all the respected members-----now i have almost completed setup of my HT ROOM.

Above are the pictures before Acoustic treatment, and the below are after the basic acoustic treatment. .Still i need acoustic panels for first reflection points + bass traps + diffusers etc.

Mandeep, very nice upgrade. Liked the concept of hanging cinema cutouts to make it give a theater experiance.

The white power cord coming out of the TV.. you can paint it black, am sure this will not void the warranty and will make it invisible with the background.

Good Job, Mandeep. Shows the care and effort you have taken to set up the room. The rear channels speakers seem to close to each other. Can you position them a little more apart from each other - maybe higher and over the TV? If it is too much hassle leave it as is.

Cheers

hi mandeep nice set up

would recommend to move sub out of the rack into one of the corners (experiment with different positions where you get the best low freq)

install full carpet on floor

using a darker color on roof would enhance viewing thro PJ

Last edited:
hi mandeep

jst noticed the sub is sitting on the floor and not on rack
as long as you are getting good amt of tight low Freq @ that position and if it doesnt rattle the glass on top and other equipments jst let it be

did you get the rack made? am still looking for one

hi mandeep

jst noticed the sub is sitting on the floor and not on rack
as long as you are getting good amt of tight low Freq @ that position and if it doesnt rattle the glass on top and other equipments jst let it be

did you get the rack made? am still looking for one

Thanks to all respected members.

@ haisaikat : Thanks dear, the JAWS,ROCKY,E.T cinema cutouts are home made, laser printout's pasted on thick thermocol sheet, framed with decorative black tape.

The white cord like thing--> is actually PJ screen's manual pull-down rope, don't know what to do with it.

@ venkatcr: thanks dear, sir the problem is that the room is quite small length wise, that's why all speakers are close to each other

@ subash ---> thanks dear, The bass seems ok without any rattle of the glass above, but i have never tried other positions, will give it a try.

yes, the rack is custom made on site by the carpenter.

Nice setup Mandeep. Congratulations.

Can you put the names of the equipment you have in your signature so we can relate them to the pictures?

What are your room dimensions? Looks a bit tight, so nice to see a HT setup possible in such a space.

Hello fellow hifi-ers, here's a pic of my set-up:

& another one. I have just moved in, so no curtains put up yet.

Media players: WD HD TV [2nd gen.], Sony BDP-S370
Receiver: Denon 2311BKE2
Amplifier: Emotiva XPA5
Speakers: DefTech ProCenter1000[C], BP7006[L+R], ProMonitor1000[SL+SR]
Subwoofer: HSU ULS-15
TV: LG 50PJ350 - 50" HD ready Plasma

Everyone except me are able to view the pics I guess.:sad: When I click on the links, I'm getting the msg "Domain Unregistered. To view register at: bit.ly/imageshack-domain" Don't know why?

When I go to that site, the message says "If you don't want to wait, you can also register and login to ImageShack, and all images will be visible for you." but the 'Login doesn't work.:mad:

Register your domain with ImageShack so that all images are visible on it. Only Owners, Administrators, Operators, or Moderators may register the domain.

Last edited:
Very nice Mandeep. The efforts you have put into the HT has paid off. Enjoy brother:cheers:.

Like subhash has mentioned, do try out different placements for the subwoofer. Try corners as placing a sub in a corner can give you an audible increase in SPL (Sound Pressure Level) for the same volume setting.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back