Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Hi all,

I have been upgrading my set-up slowly since Nov2010::yahoo:

Source : Marantz CD 48 to Marantz CD 5003
TT : AKAI BD 21 to Technics D212 TT (Direct drive)
Amp : Norge 2060 to Marantz PM6003.
Speakers : CRAFTEL FS to Mordaunt Short Aviano-2 BS

Pics will follow shortly, :licklips:

Will update the performance vis a vis my old system after speaker burn in.:clapping:

N.Murali

Hi all,

Will update the performance vis a vis my old system after speaker burn in.:clapping:

N.Murali

Enjoy Murali sir, Your new system should sound better then the older one, I bet...

Enjoy Murali sir, Your new system should sound better then the older one, I bet...

HiSoM,

Yes definitely. Previously the soundstage used to be big, in BS the SQ is very good, imaging is good, vocals are very clear, the marantz digs out all the nuances in the recording. The bass is quite good considering the size of the BS.

N.Murali

Hi all,

N.Murali

@murali sir
Congrats on your upgrade. After seeing your sale thread I was curious to know what speakers you will be buying.
Mordaunt-Short is a good choice with Marantz amp and cd player. Aviano's are really good speakers :clapping:

Looks like the tweeter and the cabinet is the only difference between Aviano and Mezzo series.

50 hours should be more than sufficient to run-in these speakers. Eagerly waiting for the pics :licklips:

HiSoM,

Yes definitely. Previously the soundstage used to be big, in BS the SQ is very good, imaging is good, vocals are very clear, the marantz digs out all the nuances in the recording. The bass is quite good considering the size of the BS.

N.Murali

Great! Enjoy your music system.:clapping:

Yes..I am loving it!!

img4155l.jpg

@murali sir
Congrats on your upgrade. After seeing your sale thread I was curious to know what speakers you will be buying.
Mordaunt-Short is a good choice with Marantz amp and cd player. Aviano's are really good speakers :clapping:

Looks like the tweeter and the cabinet is the only difference between Aviano and Mezzo series.

50 hours should be more than sufficient to run-in these speakers. Eagerly waiting for the pics :licklips:

Great! Enjoy your music system.:clapping:

Hi ravi_d,

Thank you . I chose MS Aviano-2 when I heard it for the first time , the bass is in plenty. I prefer a slightly forward to neutral sound, hope the speakers will satisfy my taste. :licklips:

The speaker manual says 36 hours run-in is required for the speakers to sound their natural. Let me keep my fingers crossed till then. Will post details later. I have also made a DIY BS Speaker stands.

@spirovious. Thank you. I chose the CD 5003 as I did not need the USB port of CD 6003. Yes I did go thro whathifi recommendations and both the Amp PM6003 and CD 5003 have had 5* ratings. My earlier CD 48 was also good after modding with 4562 OPAMP, but it used to skip some times on scratched discs. Considering its age and no MP3 playability, chose the CD 5003. This is way above in SQ, it is very detailed.

N.Murali

Murali Sir,

Nice set-up, hope you are happy with new set of speakers and also suits your room :). Fourmites I have purchased the Craftel Floor Standers and Marantz PM 6003 to drive it. Will do a write-up on my impression on the speakers soon...

All credit goes to Murali Sir for countless hours of music at his place and nice snacks at all times :licklips:

Regards,
Krishna

Last edited:
Murali
Looks like you have removed AT91 cartridge,what is the cart you are using now and how is it performing compared to at91.

Murali
Looks like you have removed AT91 cartridge,what is the cart you are using now and how is it performing compared to at91.

Hi redd,

I have purchased a SHURE M97xE cartridge , previously used an AT-91 cart. Presently there is small issue with the Tonearm wiring which I intend to rewire, afterwhich a detailed write-up will be given. The SHURE sound is a bit refined , compared to the AT-91, the mids are good , vocals are airy.

N.Murali

EDIT: Thanks CANDUU. Posted it in the thread as suggested in below post. Can't delete the post. Mods please delete the post.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back