Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Thanks to Hifivision and all the respected members-----now i have almost completed setup of my HT ROOM.

Above are the pictures before Acoustic treatment, and the below are after the basic acoustic treatment. .Still i need acoustic panels for first reflection points + bass traps + diffusers etc.

I had a limited budget so it required lot of thinking, guidance and hard-work beforehand. Extensive price comparison and selection was done for all the materials/items.( Toughest part):)

1) Armstrong acoustic tiles are used for ceiling
2) For walls 8 ft x 4 ft acoustic/fiber board + high density/thick glasswool is used.
3)The board is covered with non woven carpet
4) used my old window Air conditioner due to budget constraints (split Ac may next time i renovate :) )
5) Purchased new PJ screen 7 ft x 5 ft @ Rs 8500/- + surround wharfedale WH2 speaker pair @ Rs 6300/- + Dishtv HD STB @ Rs 2900/- + WDTV Live @ Rs 6500/- + ITB WD USB HDD
@ Rs 4300/- + HDMI Switch, 3 in one out @ Rs 4500/- + sofa cum bed @ Rs 4200/- + Belkin 8 socket extension board for surge protection @ Rs 1400/- + Airtel 1MBPS broadband connection, unlimited @ Rs 660 P.M

Fantastic transformation. Nice setup, congrats. I'm not sure how integrating the sub into the AV rack would affect the SQ. As suggested, you may try to experiment with different settings & see.

Also, IMHO the tower speakers placed very close to the two corners would greatly enhance the bass overhang more so as you do not have any bass traps. Of course, being the man on site, you are the best judge. I'm just making a calculated guess.

Last edited:
img0154gp.jpg

Thanks for the compliments
On the right side there is pillar which I cannot change, so treated it with plywood. I was planning to place speaker on it but my interior designer disagreed.
I don't know how much difference does it make. But everyone at home is happy with sound.

@venkatcr, why is that I'm unable to see the pics loaded with imageshack but others are evidently able to see?

Check your firewall settings. That could be one reason I can think of. Make ImageShack as an exception in your firewall.

Cheers

Check your firewall settings. That could be one reason I can think of. Make ImageShack as an exception in your firewall.

Cheers

Imageshack has changed the rules & unless you register ,then upload,you cannot view your image later.Earlier one cld easily upload image without registering,now not.

Hi,

Thanks to all the members on this forum who helped me renovate my theater.

Just posted some pictures of my setup at:
smedhavi's Home Theater Gallery - My Theater (20 photos)

Also check out:
http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhanc...ter-room-need-your-guidance-9.html#post227138

80381_full.jpg

Thanks,

Nice smedhavi - Like the fact that there are no black bars. How are you getting the full picture on the screen - are you using external lenses? or is the black level of the projector so good that they are not visible in the picture? or is there any masking of the screen? Sorry too many questions :-)
Cheers
Sid

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back