Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Thanks Amitnoida for the coments:)
The TT is Numark TTX
TTX PROFESSIONAL DIRECT-DRIVE TURNTABLE
Anil.

Nice one bro. One small query though. We used to own a very old gramophone player which went kaput. Is a gramophone and a turntable the same?
I still remember the beautiful music of "Hero" and some classic english music from my childhood. So I persuaded my dad not to do away with the gramophone discs so I can once again hear them.
I'd very much purchase a turntable if it is the same as a gramophone and can play the old LPs etc.

thanks,
Ravi

Hi Ravi:)
Thanks for the comments.
Old gramaphone discs are usually of 78 rpm and the LPs are either 33 or 45 rpm.
Some players can play all three, but most of them won't play 78.
Anil.

@anant: Must be gramophone discs. Since they are part of your family history, look for a player to play these. Get sleeves for the records and send me the leather bag;)

See this:
http://www.therecordcollector.org/articles/aguidetoplaying7.html

Last edited:
doesn't say anything. I think those were the times when there was no other speed :) My dadi is also not sure which player was used to play these.

TB - do you find any boomyness in the sound due to the cabinet being in the room?

Firstly the room size is about 12'x18'. No, I have not found any deviation in the performance. Actually, to think of it, I dont see nay reason why should that be the case unless room is small in which case the room size would be the culprit.

Awesome setup. I like the eerie Egyptian touch

Thanks. Beauty is that all these were painted by my wife EVEN BEFORE I spent 1 and half years in Egypt.

Neat Set up TaureanBull

Thx.

When I met Dr.Anil last year in dubai he told about Shanling and he rated it is excellent. I am also look out for the above till now for an decent price and it is not falling in my budget:)

My setup . recent additions TV Pana 50vt20 & psb image B6 speakers.

apologies for the grainy pics from my mobile.

Hi Sachin,

Nice setup.

Just to clear some of my doubts and debated earlier... Looking at you picture your hearing distance is about 6 feet from front. Are you comfortable about the floorstanders sound in the room. Any acoustic treatment you have done?

Regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back