Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

03dsc6504.jpg

Diagonal view from Right

That is a nice rig you got there. I have some questions about the SVS. You can PM the responses or reply right here.

For how long have you had this sub woofer?

Purchase price?

Who did you buy it from?

I ask because a good friend and colleague had to ditch his SVS SB13 purchase due to their lousy Coimbatore distributor Audire. Audire may have a lot of respect here but when it comes to dealing with them on products that they distribute, they just do not know how to handle a customer. My friend took the sub woofer for a home demonstration and decided to buy the same unit on a big discount from the local dealer ARN Systems. ARN source SVS from Audire. The sub woofer failed after a week. ARN took the sub for a check up and identified that the amplifier had blown. Amplifier replacement was offered and Audire could supply ARN with a new amplifier unit. This took forever and there was no information on the status of the new amplifier shipment. The story kept changing each time. Sometimes it was, attempting to repair and then offering a new amplifier. Nothing happened for a week and that is when my friend decided to call it quits and return the sub woofer. ARN refunded the full amount but as with anything related to refunds that you need to deal with in this country, it required a little running around. I have seen a really professional side of ARN and then this instance which is not encouraging. I hope the good folk at ARN are reading this. I won't blame ARN entirely for this, however, they could have followed up more with Audire on what has to be done. My friend has decided not to touch SVS until and otherwise the distributor changes. SVS turned out to be the best sub woofer he had auditioned and he wants only that. You just can't risk buying one knowing that their distributor is like this. So he waits till a new distributor comes up for SVS.

@sandeepmohan

Thanks

I am posting the reply here for the benefit of other forum members (in case someone is interested in buying SVS Subwoofer).

For how long have you had this sub woofer? 1 year

Purchase price? 105000/-

Who did you buy it from? Audire Coimbatore

I didn't face any issues while dealing with them, they were courteous and customer friendly. I interacted with Mr. Sandeep.

I think they are keeping very limited stock and may not have have all the flavors of a model. I had opted for black oak finish but that was not available in stock and I selected piano black.

Sad to hear the case of your friend. What was the power conditioner used?.
I am supplying power through a CVT which is kept in another room.

In my case the transportation cost will be high if some thing goes wrong as I have to ship it to coimbatore.

I didn't experience their after sales service yet to comment on it.

:) you are right srini , the left tower is behind the rack .. but i need to live with it(100 Sqft room) , tired all other placement options.
Also no audible impact to 5.1 that i can make out. Made sure the bookshelfs have no obstruction.. thats more important :)

any option to wall mount, practically?

also, u may want to do something abt cable management, unless there is a reason the extension needs to be in front of the rack practically?

luv ur earthy wall color and finish. u seem to have a knack for minimalist interiors.

Sad to hear the case of your friend. What was the power conditioner used?.

No power conditioner used. Power Amplifier, Receiver and Sub woofer powered from a expensive Belkin surge suppressor routed through a non battery backup output of a APC Back-UPS 1500VA. Not the best way to do it but the surge suppressor is of the specification that can handle the load of all three devices simultaneously.

Why on earth did you need a power conditioner for the sub woofer? Don't tell me Audire advised you this. If they did, I am going to slam them on the head.

I do agree that there are benefits of using one. Expensive equipment like this needs protection. For something like a SVS sub woofer, the power supply is built to withstand the worst. Besides; my friend lives in a locality where power is clean. The sub woofer failed when everything else was powered up too.

Now, why did I write that I will slam Audire? Cause that is exactly (Did you use a power conditioner?) what they asked my friend when the sub woofer failed and then went onto say that the failure could be due to this. Absolute rubbish.

SVS themselves have said there is no need to route the sub woofer through a power conditioner. This is more a personal preference in the interest of cleaner sound quality and for the safety of the device.

What my friend should have done was pursue the matter with SVS which he did not do. He was tired of the ordeal and felt there was no point bringing this up with SVS as the distributor is not going to change overnight. Even still , they should have been informed of what happened and how the distributor was handling the situation.

SVS support is just awesome. During the pre and post purchase stages, their commitment was something that is unseen in our Hi Fi market. They assisted in setting up the sub over Skype.

Last edited:
Why on earth did you need a power conditioner for the sub woofer?

Power fluctuation is very high in my area. In late night it even crosses 250.
I measured using multi-meter at various times

Many standard products are rated for 220-240 volts.

Frequent power failures and spikes also common in my area.

I don't want to take the risk, hence used power conditioner.

any option to wall mount, practically?

also, u may want to do something abt cable management, unless there is a reason the extension needs to be in front of the rack practically?
COLOR]

Thanks Ashok.

not sure FS can be wall mounted ?

The extension chord goes to the only point which has power backup. This is for PC etc. I will get a power strip with longer wire

MY small setup

Philips 42" to give way to philips 55" in a couple of days

Attachments

• HT 0.jpg
    HT 0.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 716
  • HT 1.jpg
    HT 1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 712
  • HT 2.jpg
    HT 2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 709
Last edited:
Nice one

why can't you consider upgrading to a projector+screen setup instead of upgrading to 55"

The 55" is a philips plasma second hand purchase from my uncle who used it for 2 years & is upgrading to a projector.

Though I am definitely planning a projector in a couple of years before that will be good tower speakers and centre speaker by this year end to replace the front satellites

@Ashutosh, I liked your recliner chair very much, years back I had requested quotes from several members for recliners and they gave minimum 35K per piece single seater. And there were branded like La-Z-Boy which sells for 45K+. Needless to say I dropped the idea. Rock-n-chair were the dealers I dealt with, they were very polite though.

is it motorized or manual, the 35K was I think for motorized, and how much warranty are they providing, upholstery and mechanism separate?

is it motorized or manual, the 35K was I think for motorized, and how much warranty are they providing, upholstery and mechanism separate?

All included it has a lever on the side. yes the motorised one was for aroun 37 but really dint see value to it ecept that all of what happens now happens rather slowly :) really happy with this purchase (cant say that about my wife she thinks it is huge and ugly i think she is just jealous of the fact that i am giving the recliner much more time)

(cant say that about my wife she thinks it is huge and ugly i think she is just jealous of the fact that i am giving the recliner much more time)

I am sure she must be jealous cause you must be spending more time with this instead of wife :ohyeah:

Where are much needed Dark curtains ...

I know its taken some while to get them there because i and my better half could not agree on what we both liked. however we have reached a concensus and they will be installed on the weekend.

Anyways my tv viewing is at night so really doenot bother me so much and the rest of the family cant care less.

dscf6229k.jpg

By s_sachin at 2012-06-20

thanks ironhorse for taking this pic:)

Hi Sachin,

I see you have placed your Kinect sensor on top of the centre speaker. There are some mounts available to mount it on the wall above your TV or even mount it on the TV itself. I have used the TV mount & found that it gives you more coverage - room to play with.

Link to the mount is here:

Amazon.com: Tv Mount Clip Stand Dock for Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor Eye: Video Games

Also available through tomtop (free shipping to India):
Buy TV Mount Clip for Microsoft Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor for Wholesale - Free Shipping

Link to my pics here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/akrish01/HomeTheatre?authkey=Gv1sRgCOy6wIP2zJnMpQE

Arvind

MY small setup

Philips 42" to give way to philips 55" in a couple of days

The 42" has gone to my room and the 55" ambilight plasma has replaced it mighty happy with the PQ on the new plasma.

Attachments

• ht.jpg
    ht.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back