Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Recieved my Onkyo 609 which I ordered from Amazon.de last week from Mumbai. Yet to purchase Aviano 5 and Surrounds..
My Setup...
Onkyo 609 with AViano 6 and JBL ES250
Zune Mp3 and LG BD630 All region BDP

imag0107c.jpg

imag0111pfw.jpg

Phone camera Pics...so not very clear :(..
@Flash , Your suggestion for Onkyo 609 has been very greatful. I compared the Denon 1910 (picked up a friend's AVR ) and Onkyo 609 side by side. and Onkyo 609 wins when it comes to movies... Music--Denon is a bit sweeter and Onkyo sounds good but cant call it bright or tiring... Movies...Onkyo is bombastic paired with the JBL ES250P sub..

Last edited:
Finally got the setup I was lusting for - Cadence Arista Speaker and a Cadence VA 1.0 AMP :yahoo:

However my house is now in a total mess

7573931274_8d054c7b27_b.jpg

7573935882_c28282c201_b.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got the setup I was lusting for - Cadence Arista Speaker and a Cadence VA 1.0 AMP :yahoo:

However my house is now in a total mess

attachment.php

attachment.php

Congrats.
If you don't mind, I would like to visit your place when I come to Pune. My parents stay on Pashan road, near NCL. I come there once in a while. Have never heard tube sound, wanted to listen to it desparately.

Congrats.
If you don't mind, I would like to visit your place when I come to Pune. My parents stay on Pashan road, near NCL. I come there once in a while. Have never heard tube sound, wanted to listen to it desparately.

Jauder, you are welcome.
NCL would be very close. I stay at Aundh (just next to Tata Croma).

It seems to be raining Arista and VA 1 these days. Hearty congratulations!

Do post some pictures and share your listening impressions when you have put in some hours.

Recieved my Onkyo 609 which I ordered from Amazon.de last week from Mumbai. Yet to purchase Aviano 5 and Surrounds..
My Setup...
Onkyo 609 with AViano 6 and JBL ES250
Zune Mp3 and LG BD630 All region BDP

imag0107c.jpg

imag0111pfw.jpg

Phone camera Pics...so not very clear :(..
@Flash , Your suggestion for Onkyo 609 has been very greatful. I compared the Denon 1910 (picked up a friend's AVR ) and Onkyo 609 side by side. and Onkyo 609 wins when it comes to movies... Music--Denon is a bit sweeter and Onkyo sounds good but cant call it bright or tiring... Movies...Onkyo is bombastic paired with the JBL ES250P sub..

Yahoo, congrats. Avianos are great speakers, you will realize more you use it. How is the sub? Btw if you need close to sub like bass from avianos you might be needing a dedicated 2 channel stereo amp later on

It seems to be raining Arista and VA 1 these days. Hearty congratulations!

Do post some pictures and share your listening impressions when you have put in some hours.

Somehow the photos were not visible earlier. After uploading to flickr, it looks like it works
7573931274_8d054c7b27_b.jpg

7573935882_c28282c201_b.jpg

Conducted two experiments to determine of cables cause a significant change in the SQ.

Experiment 1.
Connected a small RCA splitter to CD player Analog out. and connected a RCA cable from Siltech to the CD input of Amp
P1070366.jpg

and ordinary belkin RCA cable to DVD input of the AMP.

Played variety of music and in between toggled the amp selector between CD and DVD input. Couldn't make out any difference between the signal coming from the belkin RCA and the Siltech (Copper, Silver with gold connector) RCA.

Experiment 2
Connected home made cable using 16 AWG copper wire with fake Nakamich Banana plugs between the speaker and AMP
Also connected Rs 26,000/- Siltech "London Mxt Professional Series -> Copper -Silver-Gold Conductor-> by SIltech Netherland"

In contrast to 16AWG copper (sold by ProFx) at Rs 125/- per meter (Rs 1250/- for 10m)

$(KGrHqJHJB0E63(JYQ55BPMK(gnD9!~~60_57.JPG

While playing song, I would disconnect either one of the cable and again found absolutely no difference.

So at the moment I still remain convinced that as long as you use good copper wire, cables do not make much difference :rolleyes:

Last edited:
While playing song, I would disconnect either one of the cable and again found absolutely no difference.

So at the moment I still remain convinced that as long as you use good copper wire, :rolleyes:

Sir,

First;

Congratulations.
You have purchased a great product.
I am happy for you.

Before you try anything, position the gear 'appropriately'
The Amplifier needs to be on a strong & leveled platform.

The Speaker needs to be at least 24" from the rear & side walls.
If you can give it 36" to 48" it will be better - however, your room will not
allow that.

The procedure to do a 'cable' test is incorrect.
You cannot use a 'splitter'
You will physically have to change cables 'each time'

Please do remember, the more you respect your gear the better results it will show to you.

You have already paid for the gear - that is the 1st step.
Now the difficult part starts - setting it up & fine tuning it.

To give birth to a child is the 1st part, the raise it & teach it & nurture it is the difficult and challenging part - so is the case in audio.
The money was spent - now spend time & efforts.

All the Best !

p.s. Even the power cord that connects to your ESL - when changed - the sound will change...Do not use a MX Power Spike Guard or the likes for power supply to the audio gear.
Do not run power cables & I/C's & Speaker Cables together - parallel - please...

Sir,

First;

Congratulations.
You have purchased a great product.
I am happy for you.

Thank You Sir.

Before you try anything, position the gear 'appropriately'
The Amplifier needs to be on a strong & leveled platform.

I saw a platform at the Cadence factory. I will try to replicate that with the help of my carpenter. Will also take help from our FM magma to build leveling spikes.

The Speaker needs to be at least 24" from the rear & side walls.
If you can give it 36" to 48" it will be better - however, your room will not
allow that.

I will have to wait till June 2013 when I move to my own house in which I will have a dedicated listening room. Till that time, I will have to live with this compromise.

The procedure to do a 'cable' test is incorrect.
You cannot use a 'splitter'
You will physically have to change cables 'each time'

Ok will attempt to do that but not sure if I can succeed because of the time lag involved in changing cables. The problem I face with changing the cable each time is that I don't accurately remember how the track sounded the last time and some kind of subjectivity comes in. Let me also involve my wife and kid.

Please do remember, the more you respect your gear the better results it will show to you.

You have already paid for the gear - that is the 1st step.
Now the difficult part starts - setting it up & fine tuning it.

To give birth to a child is the 1st part, the raise it & teach it & nurture it is the difficult and challenging part - so is the case in audio.
The money was spent - now spend time & efforts.

All the Best !

p.s. Even the power cord that connects to your ESL - when changed - the sound will change...Do not use a MX Power Spike Guard or the likes for power supply to the audio gear.
Do not run power cables & I/C's & Speaker Cables together - parallel - please...

What do I use for protecting the equipment against power spikes? Last week I had 370 volts and the metal oxide varistor in my spike guards (of various makes) saved all my equipment (though all the spike guards got destroyed). After that I have promptly connected each of my equipment to belkin spike guards.

I am a child as of the moment and learning each step from experienced teachers like you. So I have already made a mental note of the steps to be followed and will try each of these and come to you for advice. Please bear with me if I try stupid experiments like the splitter :o

Last edited:
This is what I dream of :-

I had the same amplification @ home - but not a room like this;;

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is a pic with a more 'realistic' sized loudspeaker - please do observe the distances - rear wall & side walls - I only put these pictures so as to inspire one and all - we all need to work towards set ups like this - even if the gear we use is 'modest' the room & set up can always be worked towards - imho;;

'mbhangui' we will work towards this;
I shall visit Pune in 2 weeks & we will meet - better to talk in person;
It shall be my pleasure to try and help;;

This is what I dream of :-

I had the same amplification @ home - but not a room like this;;

This is a pic with a more 'realistic' sized loudspeaker - please do observe the distances - rear wall & side walls - I only put these pictures so as to inspire one and all - we all need to work towards set ups like this - even if the gear we use is 'modest' the room & set up can always be worked towards - imho;;

'mbhangui' we will work towards this;
I shall visit Pune in 2 weeks & we will meet - better to talk in person;
It shall be my pleasure to try and help;;

It will be a honour to meet you :yahoo:. I will be in touch. In fact it will be a honor for all of us Puneites and hear from you.

BTW those rooms above will remain a dream for me :D

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back