Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

my simple but awful setup :(
the items in setup described in my signature

front view

@ blueraymaniac - I do not think so your AVR decodes DTS HHD -MA or Dolby True Hd ,so you are not using ur BD players and Disks true potential right?

So what was the logic as I think you could hae bought other HTIB with all decoding in similar budget????????????

Nice set-up rjstyles.

How is the pairing of the Monitor Audio M4's FS with the Aviano Centre???? Are the surrounds part of the dick smith package??? Nice mix 'n match eh??? :p

Well you can call it the Dick Smith or the Hinz and Kunz , what ever pleases you :p . That said , I had the M-center and was never satisfied with it's sound throw while watching movies,tweaked the Denon quite a bit and no luck.

A friend was using MS Aviano's and I borrowed his center channel simply to try my luck. Plugged it in and I somehow found it to be better. To get rid of the fact if I was hallucinating, got my audiophile friend home and had him listen to both. He said the MS Aviano was clearer than the M-Center. Got my wife and few other friends to listen to it and they echoed the same.

To me my ears is the best judge(but pulled in a few folks also to ensure that I wasn't wrong) and yeah I know I broke the thumb rule of matching the fronts. Who cares as long as I am satisfied, ain't it ?

Last edited:
@ blueraymaniac - I do not think so your AVR decodes DTS HHD -MA or Dolby True Hd ,so you are not using ur BD players and Disks true potential right?

So what was the logic as I think you could hae bought other HTIB with all decoding in similar budget????????????

it decodes , it was written on box and i even played those tracks it works .

check this site
my avr is vsx 321 from pioneer and htp 071

HTP-071 5.1 HDMI 3D AV Receiver + Speaker Package with HD Audio - Pioneer

Sorry buddy - My error!:sad::cool:
U got it in India? v good vfm!!!!:ohyeah::ohyeah:

ENJOY! hope we will meet someday!
Mysuggestion - Change front speakers - if properly matched you will get better results!

Hey bluraymaniac now you will get bitten with upgrade so be sure :lol:

Well you can call it the Dick Smith or the Hinz and Kunz , what ever pleases you :p . That said , I had the M-center and was never satisfied with it's sound throw while watching movies,tweaked the Denon quite a bit and no luck.

A friend was using MS Aviano's and I borrowed his center channel simply to try my luck. Plugged it in and I somehow found it to be better. To get rid of the fact if I was hallucinating, got my audiophile friend home and had him listen to both. He said the MS Aviano was clearer than the M-Center. Got my wife and few other friends to listen to it and they echoed the same.

To me my ears is the best judge(but pulled in a few folks also to ensure that I wasn't wrong) and yeah I know I broke the thumb rule of matching the fronts. Who cares as long as I am satisfied, ain't it ?

That is exactly what is most important :)

PS: there are no fixed thumb rules & such. At the end of the day, if it works for you, THAT & THAT only is what is the result that should matter.

Enjoy

Very imposing setup rjstyle! Nice use of the camera angle :clapping:

Very 'Classey' setup Satmumbai...sorry...bad pun but genuine admiration! :clapping: :clapping:

Last edited:
Sorry buddy - My error!:sad::cool:
U got it in India? v good vfm!!!!:ohyeah::ohyeah:

ENJOY! hope we will meet someday!
Mysuggestion - Change front speakers - if properly matched you will get better results!

ya from vijay sales for 20k .

would love to meet you one day :)

right now speakers are doing fine for me , will change when i move to my main house after 2 or 3 years

Hi guys
An update on the audio rig.
A red Focal Diablo utopia is now the loudspeaker, which replaces the avalon.
Heard this speaker for the first time last year in Paris. A fully broken in speaker with Mcintosh, Sim, Ayre and just loved the open, airy top end and loved the tonal character. I have heard the micro utopia many times but never got down to owning a pair for various reasons. Diablo seemed a candidate for me for sure & so I started the tedious process of selling the Avalon Ascendant in my local bbay audio circle. Finally managed to get a fair price in Feb 2012 & waited patiently for the Diablo to arrive. A boxed new pair was sent to audition and I paired it with my Accuphase & was more than happy. Did not have the magic on day one as it would need to open up but in a week it sounded better than what it did in Paris to my ears. Could have got magma to make a stand for it but after speaking to a few owners of the diablo decided to buy the dedicated stand too.
The Electronics are the same i.e Esoteric cdp & Accuphase pre power and cabling is now entirely kimber. (ICS, Speaker & Power) The cable seen in the pic was an Audience AU 24 E on loan but have since gone back to the 12 TC
Rgds

Attachments

• DSCN0812.jpg
    DSCN0812.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 752
  • DSCN0826.jpg
    DSCN0826.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 760
  • DSCN0839.jpg
    DSCN0839.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 765
  • DSCN0841.jpg
    DSCN0841.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 753
Last edited:
In simple words.. WOW! I am aware of the speakers but only saw them. Never heard them and more important never saw them at some one's home!

Knowing that some one has them at home in Mumbai makes me already at home with my relocation :)
I only heard the Electra. Do you already know the sound of 1008be and if yes how do they compare at high frequencies / treble. I could not match the 1008be with my Classe as they sounded too forward to my taste.
Would be great to read your views.

In simple words.. WOW! I am aware of the speakers but only saw them. Never heard them and more important never saw them at some one's home!

Knowing that some one has them at home in Mumbai makes me already at home with my relocation :)
I only heard the Electra. Do you already know the sound of 1008be and if yes how do they compare at high frequencies / treble. I could not match the 1008be with my Classe as they sounded too forward to my taste.
Would be great to read your views.

Hi
Yes am very familiar with the electras. They are almost there at much lesser outlay. There is a lot that is similar but the only deal breaker for me is the boxiness of the electra s (1008 & 1028) as against the open / airy / transparent sound of the diablo & scala. Very difficult to get rid of cabinet colourations & very few speakers achieve this and in my opinion the diablo has a quality that one generally associates with an ESL. Naturally an ESL is even more transparent but then this speaker overcomes some of an ESL shortcomings regarding placement, bass impact & overall SPL. Classe with a Focal seems a poor combination . Too forward & eerily detailed without any body which can make it sound unnatural. Not heard a classe / focal pairing so its just an educated guess ! Accuphase is a much fuller sound so it integrates well with the focals, in fact it complements it beautifully in my opinion. The Avalons that i had earlier also paired well with the Accuphase.
Anyways good luck with your relocating back to bbay
Rgds
DK

Last edited:
Congratulations Dinyaar Your setup just keeps getting better :) Would luv to hear them if I ever come over to Bombay

Hi
Classe with a Focal seems a poor combination . Too forward & eerily detailed without any body which can make it sound unnatural.
DK
Accuphase is quite popular in Germany. Somehow I got into the Classe gear. Been using their Home theatre processor and the CP-800 turned out to be true gem. It sounds natural. Whereas CA-2100 is a different game altogether.

Your new speakers have got great reviews and I am sure they deliver beyond!

I am selling most of my set up here so might be starting from scratch barring the CP-800.
As a starting point I am planning to bring CP-800 and club it with Marantz Pearl Lite amplifier and match it with Goldenear Aon3 (the speakers need to be bought in Mumbai!)
And then based on what is available, I will move towards a different direction.. (ESL / open baffle)

nice setup dinyaar. I hope it sounds as good as it looks :)

Anm well I dont like the look of the speaker in red so I guess in my opinion it sounds better than it looks for sure. Am still working on a few fine tuning tweeks and placement (plus the fact that it has only about 30 hours on it )but all in all seems a very promising speaker for a smallish room.

Olly do drop in whenever in town.

Rgds

Finally my setup is ready!!! Got some time now to post the pic... ;)
dsc09376b.jpg

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back