Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Very very very cosy and elegant setup mahendra !!!! I can see that it is a 7.1 setup but one advice w.r.t the placement of speakers since I also have a 7.1 is that the rear surrounds are toor far from the side surrounds thereby making them invisible during movies, it might end up giving you a feel that as if only the side surrounds are working and not the rear surrounds. May be you need to increase the relative line level of the rear surrounds w,r,t the side surrounds to make them hearable.

I also must say that the apartment is very nice looking and with interiors planned very well.

Last edited:
Hi

Want to share my upgraded HT Setup pics:

1: Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.1(Front Speakers Pair)
2: Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.CS (Centre Speaker)
3: Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.DFS (Surround Pair)
4: Wharfedale DIAMOND SW-150 (Sub)
5: Denon AVR-X1000 AV Receiver (5.1 Receiver)
6: Benq W1080-ST
7: Screen -Grandview 120
8: Panasonic DMP-BDT210
9: Media Player Xtreamer Sidewinder

https://plus.google.com/photos/111615087159925481338/albums/5991419126384280801

Hello friends,

I had last posted here back in 2011 asking for advice, now would like to share my HT setup with some pictures.

My system is:
- Marantz SR6007
- Paradigm Studio 100 FS
- Paradigm Studio CC590 CS
- REL T9 Subwoofer
- Paradigm S1 Left/Right Surrounds
- DLS Flatbox Slim Rears
- Grandview Fantasy 120" screen
- Panasonic AE 8000

The automation is via Control4, so I have setup scenes. "Watch Projector" turns on projector, turns off TV, lowers screen, closes curtains, switches off lights, etc.

I am happy with both the music and movie experience.

Welcome your feedback!

Simplicity at its best. Lovey setup.

I think only a carpet is missing in the setup.

Cheers...

Hi

Very colorful setup indeed. Especially the use of corners for stacking BDs and CDs, well thought of. Is that picture of the Earth from the projector? Will make one believe as if one is in space :)

:) its a wallpaper, resolution is not great, there are some great city view ones which look better, will make you feel u r in a NY skyscraper

Lovely setup your got there mate! Really nicely designed as well. Must be a treat to be at home in such a setup? Assuming you are a bachelor :)

Hi

i am not a bachelor :) & glad that my family is more than encouraging.

This room is my man cave, where i do all my late night office calls and work. If not too late, i switch to a movie, before i call it a day

it is a real nice set up..

1.your sofa looked very interesting..can you share more detail
2.what is the projector-screen distance?

as there is a bed at the right side..are you missing screen mid point?

rather than the blinds...you simply put some velvet paper on window glass.enjoy matinee shows as well night show..cost 200/- max

1: The sofa is a fold-able sofa-cum bed. purchased for 13K from Hyper city 1yr back.
easily movable by one hand, due to very light weight

2: Project is short throw, so its just 4 feet away from screen approximately for 110 inch image

The bed on the right doesn't interfere with screen.
But my long term plan is to get rid of that bed and have some thing else, less bulky.

1: The sofa is a fold-able sofa-cum bed. purchased for 13K from Hyper city 1yr back.
easily movable by one hand, due to very light weight

2: Project is short throw, so its just 4 feet away from screen approximately for 110 inch image

The bed on the right doesn't interfere with screen.
But my long term plan is to get rid of that bed and have some thing else, less bulky.

Really good! Congrats! Nice setup. Enjoy your movies. Probably i would come down to feel the experience.

Hello friends,

I had last posted here back in 2011 asking for advice, now would like to share my HT setup with some pictures.

My system is:
- Marantz SR6007
- Paradigm Studio 100 FS
- Paradigm Studio CC590 CS
- REL T9 Subwoofer
- Paradigm S1 Left/Right Surrounds
- DLS Flatbox Slim Rears
- Grandview Fantasy 120" screen
- Panasonic AE 8000
The automation is via Control4, so I have setup scenes. "Watch Projector" turns on projector, turns off TV, lowers screen, closes curtains, switches off lights, etc.

I am happy with both the music and movie experience.

Welcome your feedback!
Really good! Congrats on your setup. "Automation" - that's really cool. So now close to being more lazy!

Thanks Haisakat, I initially had the same apprehension, but the room dimensions didn't give me any flexibility. Fortunately however, I was able to adjust the rear and surround speaker outputs via Marantz to an appreciable degree. Fantasia 2000 has Mickey romping all around the room with more than enough separation to think he's talking either from the side or from the room behind :)

Having a setup,

LG LM6410 3D
Pioneer VSX-522K
JBL SCS 200.5 BK

LG 3D Blueray

Videocon d2h HD

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 647
Also, Placing the center speaker (for voice) on top of the AVR will cause any impact?. Please let me know

Also, Placing the center speaker (for voice) on top of the AVR will cause any impact?. Please let me know

why make the AVR subject to the vibrations of the speaker ? That raises potential of loose contacts in future after prolonged exposure. At least get some damping material like carpet or thick cloth in between

Even if you get a carpet, it's not recommended to keep a heavy solid object on top of the AVR. It would also cover the air vents thus causing the AVR to heat up.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back