Amazon.de - amazing service, best prices, same 220V - 5 days delivery

I just spoke to the Onkyo folks in Bangalore and they are claiming that the price of Onkyo receivers were hiked since Jan 2012. If folks have old stocks, you will get old prices. The 609 for example has increased MRP from 48k to 55k.

So I went ahead and placed the order for the Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 AV receiver (THX, 4K upscaling, audio streaming, iPod / iPhone via USB) Black, now keeping fingers crossed. Total damage was EUR 479.91. I just hope there is nothing more to pay !!!

Congrats,you have got an excellent deal.i also don't think so that you need to pay anything additional as amazon would have taken into consideration the import duty and shipping.
Look forward to yr review of onkyo 609.

Cheers

Anybody heard the Mordaunt Short Aviano s with the Onkyo ??
I hav heard good reviews of Denon + Aviano combo...

Wat about onkyo and Aviano... 609 at 32k is an irresistible deal to leave...

It does look like a bug where they are charging just EUR 40 for any shipment. Now Im looking for good floor standers or 5.1 packages, shipped for EUR 40 :-)

We need to make hay while the sun shines, amazon never cancels orders even if it is their mistake !!!

After much consideration I have ordered Onkyo 609 from Amazon.de total damages EUR 480, hope everything works out fine. I am planning to pair it with Monitor Audio BX2. Let me know your thoughts.

Congrats, we are now in the same boat :-) Let us keep our fingers crossed.

Im stuck between the JBL E80's, Mission E35's and the Dali Concept 6 for the fronts. There is no good Center available for the Missions and the JBL's center is a puny EC25. Dali Center is expensive :-) Do not care much for the surrounds.

After much consideration I have ordered Onkyo 609 from Amazon.de total damages EUR 480, hope everything works out fine. I am planning to pair it with Monitor Audio BX2. Let me know your thoughts.

Hi,

Question for people whi have already bought and received their items.

The Customs Duty for the Onkyo 609 charged by amazon.de is 99 EURO (while normal import duties are 13% of price+shipping -- or am i wrong??) which comes to around 52 Euros. What happens to the 40 odd euros?

Regards
kroy

I have placed an order for Denon 1312 and a basic active sub (Kenwood SW 40). :)

Will update this thread about the progress.

If you see the FAQ's, they are clear that the cost of the paperwork, the agents who do the clearance and the actual duty is all included in the amount that is deducted. So it is more.

Hi,

The Customs Duty for the Onkyo 609 charged by amazon.de is 99 EURO (while normal import duties are 13% of price+shipping -- or am i wrong??) which comes to around 52 Euros. What happens to the 40 odd euros?

Regards
kroy

Hi,

Regards
kroy

Import duty is 24% not 13% on electronic good... If you personally carry it to india then it is 35%... So they are chargin you the correct amount...

Import duty is 24% not 13% on electronic good... If you personally carry it to india then it is 35%... So they are chargin you the correct amount...

Let me understand that...if you get it shipped, the duty is 24% and if you carry it, it is 35%...correct?

After regularly reading this thread, I am thinking of ordering an AVR. I plan to get it delivered locally in Germany and get someone to carry it. Is that going to make a huge difference than getting it delivered directly to India? I don't want to inconvinence the person carrying it...

IS Dali Concept 6 available on amazon.de site? Can you point me to the link which can be shipped to India. Thanks!!!
Congrats, we are now in the same boat :-) Let us keep our fingers crossed.

Im stuck between the JBL E80's, Mission E35's and the Dali Concept 6 for the fronts. There is no good Center available for the Missions and the JBL's center is a puny EC25. Dali Center is expensive :-) Do not care much for the surrounds.

Let me understand that...if you get it shipped, the duty is 24% and if you carry it, it is 35%...correct?

After regularly reading this thread, I am thinking of ordering an AVR. I plan to get it delivered locally in Germany and get someone to carry it. Is that going to make a huge difference than getting it delivered directly to India? I don't want to inconvinence the person carrying it...

If you get it delivered in Germany, you will have to pay the full listed price, whereas if you get it shipped to India, the price will be less (without German local tax). So, shipping (Euro 40) becomes almost free (for expensive AVRs, cost+shipping is even lesser that original listed price).

You have to pay custom duty on top of it in both cases (unless the person brings it is lucky to escape).

Last edited:
Anybody heard the Mordaunt Short Aviano s with the Onkyo ??
I hav heard good reviews of Denon + Aviano combo...

Wat about onkyo and Aviano... 609 at 32k is an irresistible deal to leave...

Any help on this.. !! anybody who has auditioned vis-a-vis Denon 1912//Onkyo 609 with Aviano s..

Any help on this.. !! anybody who has auditioned vis-a-vis Denon 1912//Onkyo 609 with Aviano s..

sagarvikram has been auditioning AVR's to mate with his Aviano's 2. .
So far Marantz has been a clear winner for him very musical. I heard them today. he had carried his speakers for an audition.
The synergy is pretty good and musical.
He finds the SQ pretty similar to his CA integrated amp

He has auditioned Denon before. Get in touch with him. its best to get info straight from the Horses mouth

Amp from Amazon.de: Gnstige Preise fr Elektronik & Foto, Filme, Musik, Bcher, Games, Spielzeug & mehr.........
Subtotal: EUR 326.89
Packaging & Shipping: EUR 10.00
-----
Total excluding VAT: EUR 336.89
VAT: EUR 0.00
-----

Hi Vine,

You mentioned the price was shown as Eur 326.89 listed and you said that they charged you less ( minus VAT ) .
However when I tried to buy an amp ( just now) listed at Eur 348/- the price shown at the end was Eur 348 + Eur 100. No breakup was shown and no VAT was reduced. This was after I went through the credit card info and just before acceptance of the sale.
Do you have to go through a special procedure and / or click something that says export. That should be quite unnecessary as the shipping address is in India.
Any ideas ?
Thanks.

Hi,

I am newbie and this would be my first HT.

I was planning to buy a denon 1912 with polk audio TL1600 from amazon.de (total of Euro737). Denon 1912 is not available currently, so may have to wait for it.

However, me being a complete novice, I wanted to know is there somebody who can guide me about what cables to use and what should be the position of the sprakers, sub etc. Or for my first installation should I just stick with some shop like ProFX who would do the complete installation and setup. By the way, I am from Bangalore.

Any suggestions and help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Regards,
Manajit.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back