Amazon fire stick 4k or Mi Box S

Nairrk

Since I have a problem in connecting Jio STB to my existing Sony 5.1 home theater set up, I have been thinking of buying either Fire stick or Mi Box. I have seen some comparison reviews and most of them are supporting Mi Box S is better than Amazon Fire Stick.

See below, a short comparison chart seen from screenCloud:

FireShot Capture 728 - Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Xiaomi Mi Box_ A Comparison - ScreenCloud_ - sc...png

Anyone using these products, and what are your personal experience with them and which one you recommend?

Thanks

Since I have a problem in connecting Jio STB to my existing Sony 5.1 home theater set up, I have been thinking of buying either Fire stick or Mi Box. I have seen some comparison reviews and most of them are supporting Mi Box S is better than Amazon Fire Stick.

See below, a short comparison chart seen from screenCloud:

View attachment 87018

Anyone using these products, and what are your personal experience with them and which one you recommend?

Thanks
I use both , I prefer MiBox . Much faster and more feature rich. Where are your buying MiBox from? Is it available in India?

Since Mi Box S is presently not readily available in India, maybe I can get one from the Middle East. I have checked availability and the price. They have it and the prices range from AED 170 to AED 240 (lulu mall price seems higher).

I have a friend in Dubai, and probably I can ask him to bring one when he comes home next time.

But my doubt is that - this kind of gadgets (Mi Box S Global) purchased from overseas markets will work in India without any problem?

Since Mi Box S is presently not readily available in India, maybe I can get one from the Middle East. I have checked availability and the price. They have it and the prices range from AED 170 to AED 240 (lulu mall price seems higher).

I have a friend in Dubai, and probably I can ask him to bring one when he comes home next time.

But my doubt is that - this kind of gadgets (Mi Box S Global) purchased from overseas markets will work in India without any problem?
There will be no issues, who ever purchase it there can use it for couple of days or weeks. If it is DOA you can replace it, before heading to India

There will be no issues, who ever purchase it there can use it for couple of days or weeks. If it is DOA you can replace it, before heading to India
Thanks, is it necessary it has to be used in Mideast for a couple of days and then bring it to India? I thought he can buy it there and bring straight away without using it there?

Thanks for your suggestion. It looks nice.
I have some doubts, which I have asked for clarification from electroniksindia.
Still no reply from Electroniksindia. I tried to see some YouTube reviews, but most of the reviews are from out of India.
Anyone from this forum using and any opinion about this box?

Ok. Got reply from ElectroniksIndia.

What I have asked them:

//
Will it work on old LCD TV with HDMI port (No HDMI ARC). What is the connection set up for 5.1 home theater (SONY-E870).

Presently, I have Jio Air fiber STB (which is not supporting 5.1 wired connection). In this case, how your product comes to help?
//

And the reply received from them:

//

Dear Sir

It works with HDMI only and wifi connection. You do not need anything else.

ElectroniksIndia
Customer Support Executive
//

Still some confusion about connecting the Home theater.!

Ok. Got reply from ElectroniksIndia.

What I have asked them:

//
Will it work on old LCD TV with HDMI port (No HDMI ARC). What is the connection set up for 5.1 home theater (SONY-E870).

Presently, I have Jio Air fiber STB (which is not supporting 5.1 wired connection). In this case, how your product comes to help?
//

And the reply received from them:

//

Dear Sir

It works with HDMI only and wifi connection. You do not need anything else.

ElectroniksIndia
Customer Support Executive
//

Still some confusion about connecting the Home theater.!
I am using mi box and it has 1 hdmi slot and optical out (you need toslink to mini toslink cable) and I am using this option to connect it to my receiver.The same slot can be also used to connect 3.5mm aux cable(dual option is a big advantage)
This mi box also has usb slot and i really like this media player.Since it is an android,you can install most of the apps. It is a very good option in the price range of 3500-4000, definitely better than fire tv stick.

Last edited:
I am using mi box and it has 1 hdmi slot and optical out (you need toslink to mini toslink cable) and I am using this option to connect it to my receiver.
This mi box also has usb slot and i really like this media player.Since it is an android,you can install most of the apps. It is a very good option in the price range of 3500-4000, definitely better than fire tv stick.
Yes, I have it in mind since the last few days, but looking if I can get the latest one by any chance (Mi Box S). My requirement is to connect my home theater and get 5.1 channel audio, which is not possible since my Jio STB does not have an audio out port.

However, the new box (Homatics Box R Lite) also looks good, hence just going through the details and working of it.

Yes, I have it in mind since the last few days, but looking if I can get the latest one by any chance (Mi Box S). My requirement is to connect my home theater and get 5.1 channel audio, which is not possible since my Jio STB does not have an audio out port.

However, the new box (Homatics Box R Lite) also looks good, hence just going through the details and working of it.
Homatics is also a good player but i don't think apps like hotstar can be installed. The apps that will work in United States only can be installed(pls check and buy)

Homatics is also a good player but i don't think apps like hotstar can be installed. The apps that will work in United States only can be installed(pls check and buy)
Thanks,
It seems that Homatics Lite & Plus are mostly used by customers in other countries, than Indians. I tried to get some reviews, but I couldn't find any serious Indian reviews.

All New Fire Stick 4k any day. It is officially sold, and supports all audio and video formats ( except DV profile 7 FEL).

I have it and DTS HDMA, DTSX MA, Dolby TrueHD Atmos, HDR10, Dolby vision all work fine on this little thing.

All New Fire Stick 4k any day. It is officially sold, and supports all audio and video formats ( except DV profile 7 FEL).

I have it and DTS HDMA, DTSX MA, Dolby TrueHD Atmos, HDR10, Dolby vision all work fine on this little thing.
I dont think any firestick support any of the dts formats. The specs it has says that it supports atmos & dolby format. I never heard it.

Can also look for pre-loved Nvidia shield tv. You’ll never regret it.

Attachments

• PXL_20241014_062128030.jpg
    PXL_20241014_062128030.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20241014_061848059.MP.jpg
    PXL_20241014_061848059.MP.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20241014_062336844.MP.jpg
    PXL_20241014_062336844.MP.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20241014_062123378.MP.jpg
    PXL_20241014_062123378.MP.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20241014_062352926.MP.jpg
    PXL_20241014_062352926.MP.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 12
Here is the proof of it working on mine.

Please also read the specs on Amazon's website.

Well that’s an awesome news for the people who want a budget media streamer. One more question plz, it says it has dts passthrough, what kind of AV sources have you used in your pics to have dts X decoding? Are you using kodi with real debrid account or something else?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back