Group order for Vinyl of best of AR Rehman

Have worked out a special deal with Sony DADC for the forum members. All above titles will be available to our forum members at 650 plus tax for Saregama titles and 700 plus tax for Sony Music releases. There is no minimum order quantity required:)

Also Best Of Rahman for 275 quantity will be at 650 plus tax plus shipping. The balance 25 will be sold by Sony in the open market at 1299.

More details about when and whom to send the money will follow on Wednesday. In case the vinyl you receive is warped or damaged it will be exchanged. This was one issue that i wanted clarified from Sony DADC.

Great effort. Can't believe this is coming true. Thanks to ask of you who made out come true with special thanks to arj, prem, srinivasan.
Regards

Wow great news... This will be motivational factor for music companies to release more albums on Vinyls.... Lets start the group by for Baziagaar as well... As a team we can definitely create a revolution....

As Prem had explained to me earlier mastering goes a long way in ensuring better quality than a CD in case of digital masters. Would any of our knowledgeable members be involved in this process to ensure that the LP is better than the Cd?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Everything gets done abroad so it's unlikely anyone of us can be involved
I see. So It could be something we could look into for later projects, where we have control over all the processes so that the end result we are all eagerly waiting for, which is to have a better listening experience, is ensured. Not implying at all that it won't happen but we can't say for sure until we actually listen to the record.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I have currently locked the Excel and taken a download of this.
Please expect another sheet where we can start confirming the order as well as the payment details and its confirmation for the future

Hello, how can I get added to the waiting list for this?

Thanks for the efforts being done, quiet happy that a large selection of LPS being released next year surely would buy most of them and happy that forum members shall get discounted prices

Was following this thread in anticipation :) but saw this thread after a while. Have been interested in a copy for myself. If possible please add me or else in waiting list.

This is truly a remarkable initiative and all credit to the folks who pulled this off. Just wanted to stop by and congratulate on this feat!

Cheers to good music!

Awesome initiative..... Really heartening to see the vinyl release picking up in India after a prolonged lull. Am eagerly awaiting further details.
Cheers

Kartick you can add 2 copies against your name in the spread sheet. No payment to be made now. Once everything is finalised will let you know

Hi Prem, Sadly work kept me from accessing the thread since I last posted. I tried accessing the sheet today but I guess it is closed and was not editable. In case there is still any possibility, do let me know. I am good for 2 copies as I initially expressed.

Kartick

Hi Kartick

Arj will be opening the payment sheet by end of this week. He is travelling and hence has been unable to do so. Once the payment sheet opens you can add your name and pay for your 2 copies

Put the amazon link please

Amazon link for the filtered list of LPs of our interest.

I just ordered 5 of them, though I had the original LPs for all the old recordings. Let us see if Sony did a better job at pressing them than HMV. The original Jagjit Singh albums were very well recorded and mastered by Daman Sood, the best sound engineer India ever got. Teesri Manzil has been a big disappointment on LP, tape and CD. The jazz/rock compositions from that movie had a great potential. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Last edited:
Smedhavi, the original Teesri Manzil on Angel sounds very nice at least to my ears. The new one is from a digital master. Pl post your thoughts as to how it sounds when you receive it

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back