Group order for Vinyl of best of AR Rehman

Smedhavi, the original Teesri Manzil on Angel sounds very nice at least to my ears. The new one is from a digital master. Pl post your thoughts as to how it sounds when you receive it

I have two copies of the Angel pressing. I am playing one right now. It is an original 1966 pressing. I find this a bit tiring and constrained compared to other albums from that era. I feel like reducing the volume all the time. It has a lot of acoustic drums but they don't resolve very well. There is very little body to the sound. Just a piercing mid range. Other Shammi Kapoor movies, as well as other R.D. Burman movies sound a lot better. Even the dialog before every song don't sound great. Sorry for being so critical, but this was a landmark recording with so much potential.

Smedhavi, there must be some problem with the copies you have. Mine sounds fine. None of the problems that your are mentioning

In comparison the original Kashmir Ki Kali LP, on the platter right now, sounds so relaxed and full. This was recorded 2 years before Teesri Manzil. I am really curios on how the Sony pressings would sound.

To give a boost to this project I had ordered 5 records earlier. I have 4 extra records in my total purchase. Which I had said will be distributed to music lovers with discount. So latecomers can join in with me if they desire. Price will be as actual (No discount). I have given away record players, records free in the past. But money is tight these days. Hope everyone understands.:)
Regards.

Hi, are these lp releases on Amazon available to members at a discounted price through the good offices of this forum members? I thought I read something to that effect earlier or I am dreaming :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yes they should be available at a discount. At this point we are trying to sort out shipping

Sorry for the delay folks. was travelling and too held up.
Update

We are ON

Spoke to Rajesh and arrived at the following

1. Final Price + Shipping including tax at Rs. 881.25
2. Payment to be made Via NEFT to
Bank Name Syndicate Bank (Vasant Vihar Branch)
IFSC SYNB0005484
A/C No. 54841210000151
Account name The Paper Palette
3. All of you who have entered an email address will get a link at that email address to edit the Sheet..if you are NOT able to then please PM me

a) your shipping address- Only India
b) NEFT transaction number for proof of payment
c) Your Phone number so i can create a Whatsapp group so we can have regular updates.
d) manufacturing and shipment will start in 10 weeks post payment to the address above

Last point. We are NOT entertaining more nos here from additional folks.
As per the point made by Hiten, any additional folks can purchase from the members who have already ordered higher numbers. many of us have taken higher nos just to make sure that this venture succeeds hence and it is only fair that they get an option to sell those.

Please plan to get this done by Jan first week

These names..please send me your email address
mahiruha
gopib
captrajesh
Shafic
zeta148
The wall
Ketanpote69
Interconnect
aks07
Dr prashant waghmare.
DocRadiohead
Ullas.P.V

2. Payment to be made Via NEFT to......

Thank you guys for great effort.

Hope, it would be better to put some deadline for last date for transfer of payment. The production may start once all the payments done....... and it should not get delayed for one or two payments pending...

Sorry for the delay folks. was travelling and too held up.
Update

We are ON

Spoke to Rajesh and arrived at the following

2. Payment to be made Via NEFT to

3. All of you who have entered an email address will get a link at that email address to edit the Sheet..if you are NOT able to then please PM me

a) your shipping address- Only India
b) NEFT transaction number for proof of payment
c) Your Phone number so i can create a Whatsapp group so we can have regular updates.
d) manufacturing and shipment will start in 10 weeks post payment to the address above

Last point. We are NOT entertaining more nos here from additional folks.
As per the point made by Hiten, any additional folks can purchase from the members who have already ordered higher numbers. many of us have taken higher nos just to make sure that this venture succeeds hence and it is only fair that they get an option to sell those.

Please plan to get this done by Jan first week

These names..please send me your email address
mahiruha
gopib
captrajesh
Shafic
zeta148
The wall
Ketanpote69
Interconnect
aks07
Dr prashant waghmare.
DocRadiohead
Ullas.P.V
Please give the address of the beneficiary The Paper Palette and the account type whether SAVINGS or CURRENT. My net banking app is asking for it when I am going to add the beneficiary. In case detailed address is not readily available please indicate whether it's Mumbai or Delhi and give the PIN code

Last edited:
Please give the address of the beneficiary The Paper Palette and the account type whether SAVINGS or CURRENT. My net banking app is asking for it when I am going to add the beneficiary. In case detailed address is not readily available please indicate whether it's Mumbai or Delhi and give the PIN code

Yes, my bank is also asking the same questions as above for a NEFT transfer. Kindly get these information, and I shall immediately be able to make the transfer.

A huge thanks for the great initiative and all efforts put in.

Humble request.... Please don't reply to all in the email.... It's very annoying to have an email pop up every 5 min, can u please just email the originator of the thread.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Humble request.... Please don't reply to all in the email.... It's very annoying to have an email pop up every 5 min, can u please just email the originator of the thread.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
Yeah rightly pointed out. I accidentally did that and realised later. Thanks

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

1. This is a CURRENT Account
2. Last date of 8th january
Bank details
Bank IFSC Code SYNB0005484
Bank Name SYNDICATE BANK
Bank MICR Code 400025094
Bank State MAHARASHTRA
Bank City THANE WEST
Bank Branch Name VASANT VIHAR THANE
Bank Branch Address SHOP NO 23 24 25 RAMESHWAR BLDG NEELKANTH HTS POKHARAN NO 2 PIN 400610

Following folks pls send me their Email ids
mahiruha
captrajesh
Shafic
zeta148
Ketanpote69
Interconnect
rajkumarmohota
DocRadiohead
Ullas.P.V

Beneficiary name is missing. The 'paper palette' is belongs to Sony or any private party?

its a distributor given by Sony. Prem had spoken to Rajesh of Sony and arranged for this since else it would have been very difficult to get the shipping done.
I will share the details from the excel with them so they can reconcile the amount as well as the address

Last edited:
Have worked out a special deal with Sony DADC for the forum members. All above titles will be available to our forum members at 650 plus tax for Saregama titles and 700 plus tax for Sony Music releases. There is no minimum order quantity required:)

Hi Prem

Thanks for the above arrangement!:signthankspin:

Looks like some of the new releases of DDLJ, Teesri Manzil etc. are already available in amazon.in for delivery. Is it possible for us to place order for the above titles too?

thanks

Will have to wait till Rajesh of Sony DADC gets back to work next week. Once there is clarity will update. Don't know from which dealer we will be asked to buy.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back