Group order for Vinyl of best of AR Rehman

i would like to know now that we are almost there, what happens if our order exceeds this 300 number.how much would each additional vinyl cost. i have a hunch, they may not be @800 each but lower as the initial price includes lots of other one time costs. many members may add 1 lp each in case the overall cost reduces.

i would like to know now that we are almost there, what happens if our order exceeds this 300 number.how much would each additional vinyl cost. i have a hunch, they may not be @800 each but lower as the initial price includes lots of other one time costs. many members may add 1 lp each in case the overall cost reduces.

Lets cross that bridge when we reach there and then worry :)

many of us have put higher Nos than we need jsut to meet the number...we can reduce it

I am way past the last designated date to accept orders, but still in case there is any chance that I can get 2 copies, please consider.

If it can go through, would appreciate if someone can tell me the payment process and what other details would be required. Will fill in the details on the shared spreadsheet.

Cheers
Kartick

Kartick you can add 2 copies against your name in the spread sheet. No payment to be made now. Once everything is finalised will let you know

An update. Met up with Rajesh Menon of Sony DADC today. Will get final pricing on Monday. He will give us an account number into which everybody sends the money. Once the entire money has been collected, only then will they process the order. Order will take 16 weeks from date of entire amount being collected. They will design the record cover.

He also confirmed that they do not have analogue master of any title. So any film released before 1990 will only have a digital master.

Also Saregama will be releasing twenty new titles over the next two months details of which will be available next week. Sony too is planning to release a few titles in the coming months. But all these titles will be from digital masters

Last edited:
Will this mean that we will get digitally "remastered" LPs? How does a digital master differ from an analogue master?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you will get digitally mastered lps of old titles. It's the same master they are using currently to make their CDs.

An update. Met up with Rajesh Menon of Sony DADC today. Will get final pricing on Monday. He will give us an account number into which everybody sends the money. Once the entire money has been collected, only then will they process the order. Order will take 16 weeks from date of entire amount being collected. They will design the record cover.

He also confirmed that they do not have analogue master of any title. So any film released before 1990 will only have a digital master.

Also Saregama will be releasing twenty new titles over the next two months details of which will be available next week. Sony too is planning to release a few titles in the coming months. But all these titles will be from digital masters

Good progress Prem:clapping:

Regards.

All Rahman stuff was always recorded and mastered on digital. They never were on analogue masters. So it was always clear the Best Of Rahman vinyl would be cut from a digital master

The Rehman digital masters are not too bad . If anyone has heard his Jana Gana Mana on vinyl (or cd) the recording is really very good and organic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here is a grat news for vinyl lover
venus launch vinyl in of bazigar in jan 17
Dil se , mohra , border , Akele hum akele tum thereafter

enjoy

New releases coming up in the next few months

UMRAO JAAN
THE UNFORGETTABLES -JAGJIT SINGH & CHITRA SINGH
KATI PATANG
TEESRI MANZIL
KASHMIR KI KALI
AWARA
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
My Name Is Khan
Raanjhanaa
Bhaag Milkha Bhaa
Hamari Adhuri Kahani
Greatest Hits Arijit

All lps MRP 1299

Have worked out a special deal with Sony DADC for the forum members. All above titles will be available to our forum members at 650 plus tax for Saregama titles and 700 plus tax for Sony Music releases. There is no minimum order quantity required:)

Also Best Of Rahman for 275 quantity will be at 650 plus tax plus shipping. The balance 25 will be sold by Sony in the open market at 1299.

More details about when and whom to send the money will follow on Wednesday. In case the vinyl you receive is warped or damaged it will be exchanged. This was one issue that i wanted clarified from Sony DADC.

Finally dreams becoming true.................... Thanks Prem, ARJ and all forum members for this effort........Also spoke with Sarvesh Rai of Suraine Records. He is interested for orders for Baazigar and other Lps. I will talk to him for a better rate than from MRP for our Forum Members. Only 1000 records are being pressed. So its first grab.

Last edited:
Finally dreams becoming true.................... Thanks Prem, ARJ and all forum members for this effort........Also spoke with Sarvesh Rai of Suraine Records. He is interested for orders for Baazigar and other Lps. I will talk to him for a better rate than from MRP for our Forum Members. Only 1000 records are being pressed. So its first grab.

Sir..you started it all ..and Prem brought it to closure

I echo the sentiments Prem, Arj and others. Thanks for putting in your personal time to make this happen. Great initiative. Can't wait to get the LPs.

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back