Is this setup good to go with denon x3800h

can i wall mount dali opticon 2 just behind the tv left and right side? sound will be better or worse if i put on tv unit
Not sure about Opticon 2, but I have wall mounted Oberon 1 well above the TV since they have given a key hole slot on the rear & can be mounted using a nail/screw without any issues.

can i wall mount dali opticon 2 just behind the tv left and right side? sound will be better or worse if i put on tv unit

Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

if you want wall mounted then go for on-wall speakers. Bookshelf speakers are not supposed to be built on the wall, especially back ported speakers . i would recommend you to check the dolby speaker placement guide or any other source so you will get an idea first .

Not sure about Opticon 2, but I have wall mounted Oberon 1 well above the TV since they have given a key hole slot on the rear & can be mounted using a nail/screw without any issues.
Yes, in this case it's fine .
but one more thing if you are using a subwoofer then low frequency is not a big issue on the bookshelf. so maybe you can give it a try by fixing it on the wall .

I tried different configuration on bookshelf placement . For me, the ideal place is 2 or more feet from the wall . it gives the best audio quality without any boomy or vibration noises .

The best way out in the given situation is to mount the TV on the wall, get rid of the tv unit in its place put something far less space consuming(pic attached below) to place the amplifier and later a centre speaker and place SEALED bookshelf speakers on stands about 6-8inch from the rear wall. Front ported speaker might also help with placement close to the wall.

IMG_3031.jpeg

The best way out in the given situation is to mount the TV on the wall, get rid of the tv unit in its place put something far less space consuming(pic attached below) to place the amplifier and later a centre speaker and place SEALED bookshelf speakers on stands about 6-8inch from the rear wall. Front ported speaker might also help with placement close to the wall.

View attachment 85910
as i cant wall mount thats why i boguht this new tv unit. So i guess i will put bookshelf on stand then

But can you tell how much above the bookshelf speaker height be above my ear level
Inch or 2 should be ok. For your situation the Fyne F500 is a very viable option. With point source driver there is a wider sweet spot when it comes to sitting position and also their downfiring port will not be as affected as a rear ported speaker when placed close to a wall.

Inch or 2 should be ok. For your situation the Fyne F500 is a very viable option. With point source driver there is a wider sweet spot when it comes to sitting position and also their downfiring port will not be as affected as a rear ported speaker when placed close to a wall.
but does it reaaly matter if i put opticon 2 very near to wall or wall mount as i would add subwoofer later

but does it reaaly matter if i put opticon 2 very near to wall or wall mount as i would add subwoofer later
Yes it does, no bookshelf(specially rear ported) will sound the way it was designed to by sticking it up against the wall unless its designed to be placed so. Because there are mounting points at the back doesn't necessarily mean it'll will sound the same be it wall mounted or placed on stands. So if you are ok with compromising heavily on the sound quality then wall mounting them is a no brainer.

but one more thing if you are using a subwoofer then low frequency is not a big issue on the bookshelf. so maybe you can give it a try by fixing it on the wall .

I tried different configuration on bookshelf placement . For me, the ideal place is 2 or more feet from the wall . it gives the best audio quality without any boomy or vibration noises .

can this also work as front left right and sound as same as opticon 2? I will place as wall mount

can this also work as front left right and sound as same as opticon 2? I will place as wall mount
I have no idea about the opticon LCR. You have to do an audition between Opticon LCR and Opticon 2 to choose which you like. I know LCR is mainly designed for home theatre use , and Opticon 2 can handle everything. also consider the centre channel for each respective model for better quality.

I have no idea about the opticon LCR. You have to do an audition between Opticon LCR and Opticon 2 to choose which you like. I know LCR is mainly designed for home theatre use , and Opticon 2 can handle everything. also consider the centre channel for each respective model for better quality.
ok so i am abt to pay tomorrow now the thing is opticon2 and oberon 7 costing me exactly same. also for stands i will have to pay extra for opticon 2. what should i do

ok so i am abt to pay tomorrow now the thing is opticon2 and oberon 7 costing me exactly same. also for stands i will have to pay extra for opticon 2. what should i do
Have you ever auditioned these speakers? Buying without an audition is a bad idea. They cost the same but are entirely different.

I cant audition i have some health issues
Got a 4800 and dint do well with tower speakers. Only thing that sounded good (loaded) was kef bookshelf (guess q350 or some q series). Anything else need an amp to match and load them correctly. Even the b&w 600 series bookshelf sounded good with them. Other speakers (like polk es series and monitor audio silver series) sounded like a weak amp. Kef and b &w would save the cost of an additional amp.

I really repented after my purchase. After spending so much I felt betrayed!

Got a 4800 and dint do well with tower speakers. Only thing that sounded good (loaded) was kef bookshelf (guess q350 or some q series). Anything else need an amp to match and load them correctly. Even the b&w 600 series bookshelf sounded good with them. Other speakers (like polk es series and monitor audio silver series) sounded like a weak amp. Kef and b &w would save the cost of an additional amp.

I really repented after my purchase. After spending so much I felt betrayed!
i finally paid just now for dali Opticon 2 mk2 lets see how it unfolds

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back