OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Folks, I've been in the market since late March for either 77 inch OLED (prefer LG G3/G4) or 75/85 inch X90L/X95L/Bravia 7/Bravia 9. It is now August and for most of this time, the inventory seems very poor. This means even when some stock is available the pricing is atrocious compared to say Republic day or last Diwali. Samsung OLEDs seem more available but I am not going for it yet because more comfortable with LG and Sony's processing capabilities and LG's better service network.

Is this the norm in terms of TV inventory situation every year? When does this situation get better?
The G3 will be available until the festive season and most likely will get sold out after Diwali.

Look out for offers on LG’s website on the G3

Samsung picked up the defective TV and refunded me the full amount, so now we have no TV at home.

I'm currently searching for a 65-inch OLED, preferably the Sony A95L. The lowest price I've found in Hyderabad is ₹280,000 after cashback. A manager I know at an RD store suggested waiting until August 15th for possible price drops or brand promotions, noting that prices and promotions will likely be the same during August 15th and Diwali.

Additionally, most stores don't have the 65A95L in stock and claim it's discontinued, which isn't true since it's still Sony's flagship OLED model for 2024.

I found an open box 65A95K with 400 hours of running time for ₹185,000, without any cashback offers, and an additional 3-year extended warranty for ₹32,000. Is it worth the price over the A95L, which costs ₹100,000 more? Or should I wait until August 15th for a potential price drop? I'm concerned about the availability of the A95L.
How do you found out that the TV had running time of 400 hours ?

Friends,

I am probably one of the early users of OLED TV in India. I had bought LG OLED 55B6T in Sept 2016 and paid a bomb of 2.16 L at that time.
After nearly 8 years of usage, recently TV started giving problem Auto on/off and no longer usable. Technicians are telling it needs panel replacement and are quoting 90K. Definitely it is not worth when I am looking at the price of new TV's currently in the market.

In one way I am happy to see that I can get OLED TV's in the half the price I had paid in 2016 ,with price I am seeing in this forum ranging from 75 K to 1,10,000 for LG A3 to C3 models.

My usage is average 4-5 hours per day with 3-4 hours of STB content and rest is OTT content mainly 4K HDR / Dolby vision (from AppleTV / Netflix/Prime video)

I am not a gamer.

Once a OLED TV user, I feel it will be extremely difficult for me to switch to LED / QLED TV's considering the picture quality I was getting OLED TV

Considering this I feel LG OLED A3 / B3 should meet my needs, spending anywhere between 75K to 1,00,000

However I am concerned of these LG OLED TV panel issues. Is this common?

Or should I look at Sony / Samsung LED / QLED TV's in the same range?

Considering this I feel LG OLED A3 / B3 should meet my needs, spending anywhere between 75K to 1,00,000

However I am concerned of these LG OLED TV panel issues. Is this common?
OLEDs have come a long way since 2016, with new OLEDs having burn in protection and better resiliency and since you know how to use your OLED considering yours lasted for 8 years, you'll be more than fine and if you are not chasing the highest brightness/image quality even a A3 will be more than enough for you, most people get burn-ins because they leave static content running for hours, for normal usage of 4-5 hours a day, it'll be more than fine, that said if you can, do get the extended warranty with whatever OEM you decide to get,

You can look into QLEDs, they are not too far off OLEDs imo but thats subjective, would suggest you to go to any store just directly compare TV models.

OLEDs have come a long way since 2016, with new OLEDs having burn in protection and better resiliency and since you know how to use your OLED considering yours lasted for 8 years, you'll be more than fine and if you are not chasing the highest brightness/image quality even a A3 will be more than enough for you, most people get burn-ins because they leave static content running for hours, for normal usage of 4-5 hours a day, it'll be more than fine, that said if you can, do get the extended warranty with whatever OEM you decide to get,

You can look into QLEDs, they are not too far off OLEDs imo but thats subjective, would suggest you to go to any store just directly compare TV models.

Thanks for your feedback

would suggest you to go to any store just directly compare TV models.
In a store every tv looks superb because of all the lighting. How it'll look in a dark room is what I want to test before buying a tv, especially qled.
So far the best qled I could find are TCL C755 miniled (quality could be on par), Hisense U7N miniled (Worst service is india and panel likely to die in 3-4 years, Sony x90k (This model is oos and the x90l is over priced), Samsung Qn90c (great on paper but samsung is meh)

Am being offered 77 G4 for 4,18,000 - 15,000CB = 4,03,000. Any price comparisons? Should I wait till Indeoendence day or should I go ahaed.

Hello all, any idea what would be the cost of 83/85 inches LG C4/C3 or a mini led from LG/Sony. Interested to buy at the time of diwali for living room if the prices are really lucrative. I'm avoiding Samsung as there is no DV.

Already have a 65 C3 and just love it.

Am being offered 77 G4 for 4,18,000 - 15,000CB = 4,03,000. Any price comparisons? Should I wait till Indeoendence day or should I go ahaed.
Today I was offered 77 G4 for 4.05, 77C4 for around 3.8 and 77G3 for 3.55. I got the 77 G3. This was at RD in BLR and they said it is a box piece and they have 3-4 units. I went ahead because I've been waiting since March. G4 itself might come close to this by festive season.

Just an update guys. Finally bought LG G3 55'' (124k base price + 6k HDFC card offer =118k added another 2years extended warranty +10k so total 128k) in my local store. HDFC and LG tie-up gave extended warranty in discount.

But if u have any other card then it comes with 9k cash back which makes it 115k. Stores getting rid of the stocks. I don't know if G3 and C3 available for Diwali.

Also, enquired about C4 55'' it comes for same cost around 115k like G3 but C4 48'' coming for around 83k after cashbacks.

And C3 55" price quoted 95k.

Hope this helps.

Just an update guys. Finally bought LG G3 55'' (124k base price + 6k HDFC card offer =118k added another 2years extended warranty +10k so total 128k) in my local store. HDFC and LG tie-up gave extended warranty in discount.

But if u have any other card then it comes with 9k cash back which makes it 115k. Stores getting rid of the stocks. I don't know if G3 and C3 available for Diwali.

Also, enquired about C4 55'' it comes for same cost around 115k like G3 but C4 48'' coming for around 83k after cashbacks.

Hope this helps.
Hey, can you share the location if possible?

Hope this helps.
Will Enquire for C4 48". Thanks!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back