Owners' Thread - Apple Iphone & Ipod

You don't need to sell it. I believe what has been done to your phone is not a untethered JB and hence you need to Jailbreak and Unlock it every time you reboot the device. This guide below should help you How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 3GS/3G/2G iPod Touch 2G/1G with sn0wbreeze Windows This should work because you're on 3.1.2.

iClarrified has released a guide to upgrade to JB & Unlock OS 4.0 but not confirmation yet.

Teky,

Any more latest update on the new JB untethered on IOS4.0 ?

Kittu

Teky,

Any more latest update on the new JB untethered on IOS4.0 ?

Kittu

I bought an used, 6 month old, but in a mint condition iPhone 3GS 16GB from a friend during my recent visit to US. I convinced him to upgrade to iPhone 4. He happily sold his old phone for $100 to me and upgraded to iPhone 4 for another $100. I know I got a deal of lifetime :-)

Coming to Jailbreak/Unlock, I followed the iclarified.com tutorials and jailbroke/unlocked the phone in 10 mins flat. The phone is running 4.0.1 firmware FWIW. The new jailbreakme.com is breeze.

I bought an used, 6 month old, but in a mint condition iPhone 3GS 16GB from a friend during my recent visit to US. I convinced him to upgrade to iPhone 4. He happily sold his old phone for $100 to me and upgraded to iPhone 4 for another $100. I know I got a deal of lifetime :-)

Coming to Jailbreak/Unlock, I followed the iclarified.com tutorials and jailbroke/unlocked the phone in 10 mins flat. The phone is running 4.0.1 firmware FWIW. The new jailbreakme.com is breeze.

Does the jailbreake updates the OS too or we need to reinstall it ? if you have some simple steps (quick ones) please PM me.... Just that I dont want to JAM my phone . :sad:

Does the jailbreake updates the OS too or we need to reinstall it ? if you have some simple steps (quick ones) please PM me.... Just that I dont want to JAM my phone . :sad:

In my case, I first updated the firmware to 4.0.1 using iTunes restore. Since I had the original AT&T sim, my phone was activated at that point. I then backed up my SHSH as recommended using the umbrella app and then just followed the iclarified.com guides to jailbreak (using jailbreakme.com) and unlock (ultrasn0w). Worked like a charm, though I would suggest to do your studies before attempting anything.

In the past, I softmodded my Wii, but hacking iPhone was much simpler.

In my case, I first updated the firmware to 4.0.1 using iTunes restore. Since I had the original AT&T sim, my phone was activated at that point. I then backed up my SHSH as recommended using the umbrella app and then just followed the iclarified.com guides to jailbreak (using jailbreakme.com) and unlock (ultrasn0w). Worked like a charm, though I would suggest to do your studies before attempting anything.

In the past, I softmodded my Wii, but hacking iPhone was much simpler.

The catch here is your updated the firmware and unlocked/activated with a U.S sim card. But mine is already unlocked using local sim and only need to properly do untethered jailbreak due course upgrade the OS too.... None of those links explained how to do step by step in my case . :sad:

Guys, ios4.0.1 is here for all.
Pls upgrade and enjoy.

Iphone 4 is now unlockable and hackable.

thanks

Guys, how did i jailbreak my iphone 3GS ?

I used Jailbreakme.com

First, upgrade to ios4 from iTunes or download a file for same.

It is so simple now, no need of PC.
Just visit this site from Safari browser on you iPhone and slide to jailbreak.

Once it is jailbreaked, Cydia will show. INstall ultrasnow.
And you are done.

VISIT :
Jailbreak Iphone 3GS/ios4 all firmwares

Didn't know that an App existed to schedule Tata Sky + recording function. It seems it's also available for Blackberry, Android seems to be left behind.

I am welcoming myself to the iPhone users club :clapping:

Picked up a used bout a year old 3GS piece from my boss, the 32 GB version, apparently factory unlocked, bought from Australia, currently running version 4.2 or something like that, beautifully maintained, cleaned everyday, both the screen and the outer Griffin case removed and wiped down with microfiber cloth. Waiting to get a screen guard and get started!!!!!!! Will transfer contacts over the weekend.

Yuhoooooooo now itunes remote controlled from my hands :licklips:

can any one tell me from where i can buy apple iphone 4g in chennai...
plz let me know the shop and at wat price i will get it
im getting the iphone 4g this weeki
but i need to know if the problems it had, like the signal loosing problem has been fixed yet?
I dont wonna waste money

I am looking to chuck my n73 music edition phone and while browsing on the web I found out that Apple sells factory unlocked iphones in some countries like singapore, HongKong, Australia and CANADA!!( iPhone 4 16gb is around 29k in canada and apparently is factory unlocked and works with any carrier in the world-as written on the apple canada website)
As my relatives are coming from canada this summer I might be able to get me a new iphone 4 from there. However I am new to the world of iphones( or rather to the world of Apple) and would like to get some of my queries cleared.

1. Will this factory unlocked iphone work with any sim card in india? I am an existing Airtel user and would I be able to use my sim on this iphone or would i have to buy some other plan?

2. Would I be able to jailbreak this iphone? Since it is already unlocked the only thing remaining is to jailbreak to get the maximum experience out if it.

3. The warranty issues and the customer support. Would I be eligible to claim my warraanty privileges in india? Also what about the customer support and after-sale services?

Also are there any hidden caveats which I am missing. I dont want to end up with a brick so please all the iphone/apple fanatics out here, HELP a fellow aspirant :D

@waveking
1. The factory unlocked phone works with Indian carriers(network), but I think iPhone4 works with micro SIM card. We can cut the existing SIM card to make it as micro. The cutter tool is available in meritline.com (US site) You Can browse Canada sites as well.
You can buy iPhone plan from Airtel. I have a 3GS & using with Vodafone with a 100MB package.

2. Refer the sites redmondpie.com & dkszone.net for this query.

3. You may not eligible for warranty in India. Chwck with HCL, they are the after sales service for Apple Ipods in India. So they can help you.

Overall the unlocked version is a good one rather a jailbroken & unlocked one. You need not to worry about any upgrades, etc. You can restore your iOS at any time with iTunes. Where as for the Jailbroken phones, you have to wait for the hackers team to guide you on how to upgrade the iOS when there is a upgrade in iTunes. So decide yourself.

iPhone users and Vinyl lovers this one's for you!

Classical Lite app from iTunes. A free app with 5 songs in an LP format in jackets. You select a jacket and it opens, an LP comes out and goes onto the player on the right, starts spinning and the tonearm moves into place and music starts playing! Only classical music though and only 5 songs. The full version with about 50 songs is available as paid.

Ok for some reason only the label spins, not the whole record but its a nice sight to see a record with a tonearm on it :) Lovely wooden setting for the player.

Yenjoy!!! :licklips:

edit: There's also song info, composer's bio.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have got my iphone 3g phone from US and its unlocked and Jail broken, but the issue is with WIFI and it doesnt connect to any wireless networks it always shows "not connected and searching for devices". Can anyone help me with this issue pls?

Version: 4.2.1
Modem firmware is 06:15:00

Hi All

For those who bought the AT&T locked iPhone4 in the US with iOS 4.1 and BB 2.10.04, you can use the Geveys Turbo Sim to unlock it. I'm using the same and it works perfectly fine (WiFi, 3G also works.). It's available at 2.3k here locally in bangalore. Maybe similar pricing in other cities. The software unlock is unlikely to come in near future I guess. So anyone who's waiting for the unlock can go in for this.

cheers.

Hi guys,

I have got my iphone 3g phone from US and its unlocked and Jail broken, but the issue is with WIFI and it doesnt connect to any wireless networks it always shows "not connected and searching for devices". Can anyone help me with this issue pls?

Version: 4.2.1
Modem firmware is 06:15:00

This is because of your router wifi frequency and type settings. Try changing the frequency and the type(A,B and N).

Hi All

For those who bought the AT&T locked iPhone4 in the US with iOS 4.1 and BB 2.10.04, you can use the Geveys Turbo Sim to unlock it. I'm using the same and it works perfectly fine (WiFi, 3G also works.). It's available at 2.3k here locally in bangalore. Maybe similar pricing in other cities. The software unlock is unlikely to come in near future I guess. So anyone who's waiting for the unlock can go in for this.

cheers.
Where do you get it abroad or at home?

Thanks aneel for this great info.

The price is now Rs. 1950/-

Just remembered that its an tethered unlock, that is, everytime you switch off or the battery goes down, you need to run the unlock process (which is a 2-3 mins process).

But still great to see it working as a phone rather than my 2 year olds movie device.

Hi,

I would like to get factory unlocked iPhone 4 (32GB) from US.

My relative is in Illinois

Which is the best way to get factory unlocked 32GB iPhone there at best price

regards,
HTuser

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back