Owners' Thread - Apple Iphone & Ipod

Just checked out iPhone 4. Screen quality looks awesome. Camera quality has increased by miles. Browsing is even good, however it is not so much faster than 3GS. Now I'm in dilemma do I pick it up...help me guys. Oh and the queue is big :rolleyes:

Hi,

Hey,

The looks are not much appealing, but the specs are :licklips: I know you are good at taking risks! Go and get one for you and I can take your 3gs happily:lol::lol:!

Cheers!

Hi,

Hey,

The looks are not much appealing, but the specs are :licklips: I know you are good at taking risks! Go and get one for you and I can take your 3gs happily:lol::lol:!

Cheers!

Looks good when viewed in person. It's not a risk either, I'm just evaluating if it's a useful upgrade from 3GS. Now if you're taking my phone it's tempting :D

Some teaser pictures, Screen quality comparison of iPhone 3GS (Left) & iPhone 4G (Right) running an Youtube video.

Will shortly upload the Camera quality shortly.

Attachments

• iPhone 4G.jpg
    iPhone 4G.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 70
  • iPhone 3Gs.jpg
    iPhone 3Gs.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 69
  • iPhone 3Gs 1.jpg
    iPhone 3Gs 1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 67
  • iPhone 4G 1.jpg
    iPhone 4G 1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I need a free software to convert youtube video files (flv) to mp4 (ipod compatible) video file..
While searching online I mostly found trial/demo versions with limited length (3 to 4 minutes only)..

Please help..

Thanks in advance.

I need a free software to convert youtube video files (flv) to mp4 (ipod compatible) video file..
While searching online I mostly found trial/demo versions with limited length (3 to 4 minutes only)..

Please help..

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't handbrake provide that option?

Sent from my iPhone

Hey Teky,

did you finally buy the i-phone 4?

Kapvin -
It's out of stock at the moment. I've been waiting for it for past 10 days now. However I've still not come over the confusion of to upgrade or not. Meanwhile managed to find a replacement for HD2 - another 3GS :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I need to buy a phone in the next couple of months then is Apple 4g the phone to buy? How easy is it to jailbreak and are there any negative ramifications?

I am traveling to the US in August, but I guess one cant just buy it in the US unless one has an AT&T contract, is that correct?

If I need to buy a phone in the next couple of months then is Apple 4g the phone to buy? How easy is it to jailbreak and are there any negative ramifications?

I am traveling to the US in August, but I guess one cant just buy it in the US unless one has an AT&T contract, is that correct?

You can buy as Pay as Go in US. However it will be locked to AT&T network and you'll have to constantly unlock/jailbreak it. Try and source it from uk where you can get it sim free. It retails around 35k I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can buy without contract too but only catch is the instrument comes locked with AT&T . Thats how I got mine.

Before buying I would suggest you to go thru all features of the phone and see if those are what you need .

With experts like teky on forum it shld not be a problem unlocking or jailbraking ............ :clapping:

Took couple of pics with my new toy and uploading one of them which I really like. I'm posting a re-sized image as it's affecting the readability.

reflectionsd.jpg

Here's the original source http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5166/reflections.jpg

The camera is massive improvement and so are the screen resolution, battery backup on the new iPhone 4. It's a big upgrade from 2G & 3G, however not a very major one from 3GS. But I use camera & video recording on the move a lot and hence decided to upgrade. I'll upload a HD video tomorrow once I've processed it.

Last edited:

The camera is massive improvement and so are the screen resolution, battery backup on the new iPhone 4. It's a big upgrade from 2G & 3G, however not a very major one from 3GS. But I use camera & video recording on the move a lot and hence decided to upgrade. I'll upload a HD video tomorrow once I've processed it.

Hi,

That's really a good quality image from a phone camera.......... I'm getting tempted now to pick up one......
Thanks for the share!!....waiting to see the HD video

thanks,
cheers.

The white balance is way off!! Its too bluish. And washed out too. Can you change that in the phone? Manual controls?

Regards

The white balance is way off!! Its too bluish. And washed out too. Can you change that in the phone? Manual controls?

Regards

Teky should wait till it gets lil dark to take such picture .. Apple doesnot provide any manual settings in camera. Forget the manual settings there are no nightshots(coz no flash) ... One needs to carry a lamp or lantern light to shoot in dark places :lol:

Last edited:
Teky should wait till it gets lil dark to take such picture .. Apple doesnot provide any manual settings in camera. Forget the manual settings there are no nightshots(coz no flash) ... One needs to carry a lamp or lantern light to shoot in dark places :lol:

There is LED flash on the phone. I'll try and capture one in pitch dark conditions.

Gobble - I'll try and take few more pictures. When I took this picture there was too much of light outside. But this one doesn't come with colour balancing etc.

Adding few pic's I took y'day, There was too much of Ambient light y'day.

bridgej.jpg

otherz.jpg

Last edited:
Managed to capture & upload the clip. Apologies couldn't do anything with Wind Noise and also captured in wrong aspect ratio. I'll try and do something over next couple of days. Make sure you watch in HD.

YouTube - IMG_0126.MOV

Managed to capture another video and did some editing in iMovie. I saw a board mentioning duck race near the place I reside and I was all excited. I rushed to the spot to only see plastic ducks :p

Anyway here is the video - Again try and watch in HD to appreciate the quality.

YouTube - Test Video

Dear Teky,

You have been ruling this thread since yesterday! Those are wonderful pictures out of the iphone4, awesome. You have got some good skills! Are you referring to red-colored ducks that were kayaking!:ohyeah:

Looks like you are trying to deliver an indirect message - I aint buying it now!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back