Owners' Thread - Apple Iphone & Ipod

I like my iphone 3g which i bought 1.5 years ago and am still waiting for 3g in india.With ios4 already my phone is made obsolete and for future upgrades on my 3g i might even get charged.Thanks to stevy and our telecom industry we pay double the price,utilise half the capabilities and see it go obsolete within 6 months.(Considering US summer launch and india launch after 6 months).

For anyone using lots of apps this site is useful faad . You get an app free for a day from the App store or through iTunes

Hi Suresh and Santhosh,

Can I upgrade my iphone 3g with OS 4.0. Is crack available for the same? If things dont work, can I downgrade back to 3.1.2?

Cheers!

I have an iphone 3gs unlocked but some reason I can not turn off the phone :sad: it gets locked again with itunes icon..... Can any one help me please?

Model MB717LL
Baseband 05.11.07
Version 3.1.2 (7D11)

TIA,
Kittu

Hi Suresh and Santhosh,

Can I upgrade my iphone 3g with OS 4.0. Is crack available for the same? If things dont work, can I downgrade back to 3.1.2?

Cheers!

Venkatesh - Looks like an yes, Please have a look in here. iclarrified

After reading through Modmyi looks like it's not. I believe you'll have to wait for some more time

I've already upgraded to iOS 4, Multitasking on Apps aren't working still. May be all the apps needs to be updated. For 3G there is also a hack available to enable multitask.

I have an iphone 3gs unlocked but some reason I can not turn off the phone :sad: it gets locked again with itunes icon..... Can any one help me please?

Model MB717LL
Baseband 05.11.07
Version 3.1.2 (7D11)

TIA,
Kittu

Is it an Officially unlocked one? When you says gets locked again do you mean the SIM Lock or the Phone lock?

Last edited:
Is it an Officially unlocked one? When you says gets locked again do you mean the SIM Lock or the Phone lock?

IT is not officially unlocked one I got this from U.S was locked with AT&T . Got it unlocked here from a local guy..

:sad:

Kittu

IT is not officially unlocked one I got this from U.S was locked with AT&T . Got it unlocked here from a local guy..

:sad:

Kittu

Kittu - You need to tell us if your phone got locked to AT & T again. I'm not sure if I've understood your problem. If you want to Jailbreak and Unlock again you can use blackra1n with the baseband and firmware you've quoted.

Kittu - You need to tell us if your phone got locked to AT & T again. I'm not sure if I've understood your problem. If you want to Jailbreak and Unlock again you can use blackra1n with the baseband and firmware you've quoted.

I keep doing the blackra1n and unlock whenever it goes off . So as long as the phone is turned on I am able to use with airtel when it goes off again I need to use the blackra1n firmware to bring it back alive.

The guy who did it firsttime told me there is a hardware lock placed for certain models and still the complete unlock jailbreak not released so never turn off the phone. :sad: At one point I felt to sell it off and get myself a Sony xperia but waiting with hope :rolleyes:

Kittu

I keep doing the blackra1n and unlock whenever it goes off . So as long as the phone is turned on I am able to use with airtel when it goes off again I need to use the blackra1n firmware to bring it back alive.

The guy who did it firsttime told me there is a hardware lock placed for certain models and still the complete unlock jailbreak not released so never turn off the phone. :sad: At one point I felt to sell it off and get myself a Sony xperia but waiting with hope :rolleyes:

Kittu

You don't need to sell it. I believe what has been done to your phone is not a untethered JB and hence you need to Jailbreak and Unlock it every time you reboot the device. This guide below should help you How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 3GS/3G/2G iPod Touch 2G/1G with sn0wbreeze Windows This should work because you're on 3.1.2.

iClarrified has released a guide to upgrade to JB & Unlock OS 4.0 but not confirmation yet.

Hi,

Just my phone got locked while I was on a short break after I started the download! Finally, joined the disaster club:clapping::clapping:

Now need to find a way to unlock it, if not jailbreak.

You don't need to sell it. I believe what has been done to your phone is not a untethered JB and hence you need to Jailbreak and Unlock it every time you reboot the device. This guide below should help you How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 3GS/3G/2G iPod Touch 2G/1G with sn0wbreeze Windows This should work because you're on 3.1.2.

iClarrified has released a guide to upgrade to JB & Unlock OS 4.0 but not confirmation yet.

You are exactly right. But I am too scared to experiment with a 700$ phone :confused:

Hi,

Just my phone got locked while I was on a short break after I started the download! Finally, joined the disaster club:clapping::clapping:

Now need to find a way to unlock it, if not jailbreak.

What - Didn't you read my post? But it's matter of time before unlock becomes available. Remember you need to Jailbreak it to unlock it. But there is an Unlock available for 4.0 already rite?

You are exactly right. But I am too scared to experiment with a 700$ phone :confused:

Santhosh can help you may be - He does all sorts of experiment with his phone ;)

Santhosh can help you may be - He does all sorts of experiment with his phone ;)

hehehe are you referring to the same santosh who broke the screen and got it fixed :p let me buy a screen guard before I pm santosh ... :ohyeah:

Kittu

I have Iphone 3GS 3.1.3 baseband 5.12.1.

It is locked and Itunes says sim not recognised.

What is Iphone acitivation ...
people say i have to activate my iphone.
For this a AT&T sim is required.
Or a universal sim is available just to ACTIVATE it...

whats this problem ??

Hi Teky, Santhosh, et al,

I just made a fine iphone expert out of myself. I unlocked and jailbroke my iphone 3g and it now runs on OS 4.0.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Cheers!

Hi Teky, Santhosh, et al,

I just made a fine iphone expert out of myself. I unlocked and jailbroke my iphone 3g and it now runs on OS 4.0.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Cheers!

Congratulations :clapping:

What did u do ? just followed the steps on the link

Kittu

I have Iphone 3GS 3.1.3 baseband 5.12.1.

It is locked and Itunes says sim not recognised.

What is Iphone acitivation ...
people say i have to activate my iphone.
For this a AT&T sim is required.
Or a universal sim is available just to ACTIVATE it...

whats this problem ??

Hi,

There are lots of custom firwares for the mobiles around, all of you need to do is: google and get a custom firware that suits your mobile and its baseband and put your iphone into restore mode by pressing Power and Home button for a few seconds, and then press, Shift+Restore and by doing so you can browse the firmware and update it. Once it is over, you are ready to go!

I had lot of trouble first understanding things like .ipsw, firmware, DFU mode, restore mode, et cetera. Actually, I did downgrade the os 4.0 to 3.1.3 and then since i lost all my data, I wanted my phone to be on Os 4.0, used the redsnow method and it worked it a charm! Actually, if you miss out a small step, you will fail the entire process. Also, operating system also matters, I found it easier in windows 7 than windown xp sp2.

Also, my GPS also started to work after this update!

Cheers!

P.s.: I will post a detailed step by step guide for all OS versions some time in July, but dont know if mods would allow them here.

Just checked out iPhone 4. Screen quality looks awesome. Camera quality has increased by miles. Browsing is even good, however it is not so much faster than 3GS. Now I'm in dilemma do I pick it up...help me guys. Oh and the queue is big :rolleyes:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back