Owners' Thread - Apple Iphone & Ipod

Hi,

Can you guide me how to jailbreak? seems like we can do it ourselves, it is on 3.1.2 (7D11). It is unlocked!

Tried some blackr1a, but it did not work!

Cheers!
Sure, will do soon. But until then, whatever you do, do not update the firmware when iTunes asks you to. You cannot downgrade after that until there is a crack for the next version. You will be stuck like how I am stuck with my other iPhone (3GS). While I was looking for a crack for 3.1.3, I even came across someone who had just downloaded the latest version and stored it and iTunes started upgrading it even before he could realise.

Hi,

Can you guide me how to jailbreak? seems like we can do it ourselves, it is on 3.1.2 (7D11). It is unlocked!

Tried some blackr1a, but it did not work!

Cheers!

Is your phone unlocked officially? Chances are slim - If itsn't it should have been already jailbroken to be able to unlock it. They would have used redsn0w or something else to be Jailbreak and unlock it. Remember you can't unlock without JB-ing the phone.

Sure, will do soon. But until then, whatever you do, do not update the firmware when iTunes asks you to. You cannot downgrade after that until there is a crack for the next version. You will be stuck like how I am stuck with my other iPhone (3GS). While I was looking for a crack for 3.1.3, I even came across someone who had just downloaded the latest version and stored it and iTunes started upgrading it even before he could realise.

Is your phone unlocked officially? Chances are slim - If itsn't it should have been already jailbroken to be able to unlock it. They would have used redsn0w or something else to be Jailbreak and unlock it. Remember you can't unlock without JB-ing the phone.

Hi Santhosh & Teky:

Today, I had installed around 25 free apps through itunes, wow amazing! Santhosh, thanks for your warning and I'll be watchful, as I have only one as of now:lol:.

Teky Anna, believe me you are the only soul who recommended so strongly to go for the iphone other than Srini sir, I am sure Santhosh and others would have if I had contacted them. All others were recommending blackberry, "c**pia", etc. It is one of the best gadgets I have had. We were having a review session yesterday day, the contenders were HTC Touch Pro, Nokia 5800, Palm Pro, Blacberry Storm 2, samsung corby and nokia N97. Iphone kicks all of them in several aspects, nothing stands in front of its Multitouch capabilities.

I am sure I will not regret in my life for every penny I spent on this phone! I have already started eyeing on 3gs. Having iphone is awesome, as smooth on our hands as.......:licklips:(dont let your imaginations go wild:ohyeah:) a silk.

I dont know, but the seller told me it is unlocked and jailbroken. But I dont see any applications like cydia, etc. so I dont know how to install 3rd party apps in the phones.

Also, please render your suggestions on some cool apps, tips, tricks, etc.

Cheers!

HELP!!!

i have the original iphone - the first one - cracked - and as of today, i cannot access SMS -

i want to get this phone back to original settings - erasing all contents - and getting it to work like a newly cracked (original) iphone-

please guide me step by step!:)

a role reversal me suggesting tech stuff to mr q but does this help svenkateshsmart? and perhaps suri too for giving his iphone a new life?

i have it in my favourites for when i buy the iphone. says you can upgrade and unlock again easily.

iPhone Unlock - 1 Click, 2min iPhone 3G/3GS Software Unlock guaranteed

I dont know, but the seller told me it is unlocked and jailbroken. But I dont see any applications like cydia, etc. so I dont know how to install 3rd party apps in the phones.

Also, please render your suggestions on some cool apps, tips, tricks, etc.

Cheers!

Good to know that you're enjoying.

3.1.2 can be JB'en in different number of ways - you can use blackra1n, PwnageTool, redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, ultrasn0w and blacksn0w. blackra1n is the easiest option for me, head to iClarified if you want instructions. iClarified. I haven't done myself one so I believe Santhosh can help you here. I believe you need to find the way it was JB and we can then advise on how to proceed further.

JB Apps which people get are SBSettings - Allows you toggle 3G, Wi-Fi on from the home screen itself instead of having to go into settings etc

iBluenova - For transfering files across your PC over bluetooth

Themes - You can find all these in Cydia store to have custom wallpaper, change operator logos, icons

Lockinfo - Change your home screen with Calendar, Weather etc. Similar to HTC Interface I believe.

That's all I know with my limited knowledge. The official Apps I've are

Fring - Muliple IM Client support and also support VOIP calls over 3G & Wi-Fi

Tapatalk - Used to browse this very forum and may other forums on Internet, Saves bandwidth and is quicker on GPRS etc

Worldsurfer - App for finding Banks, Petrol Pumps etc around you based on your locations. Doubt it works on 3G, try and use Aroundme instead.

Touchmouse - A logitech App which helps you control your PC, iPhone acts as a mouse

Mobicast & SkySport Football centre - Sports App, one for Cricket and another for Football

Shazam - Finding the tunes you listen is so easy, just open the app and allow it to capture the sound and it retrieves album information

Redlaser - Not sure how useful in India, But it's a barcode scanner which helps you compare prices across internet

Peoplesync - Service offered by Vodafone for free, Allows you to sync all your mobile contacts to internet. So no worries if you loose any contacts you can always sync back.

Newshunt - Indian newspapers on iPhone, Handful numbers there

Indiaradio, Shoutcase, last.fm, Dishant - All FM streaming apps over internet or 3G, Special mention to Hutke Radio - Allows you to listen songs based on your mood.

Ping Lite - One hell of app, Allows you send free text messages across all iPhone owners in Globe, you just need to add their ping ID. Works on BB too.

Mover & Connect - Two different apps. Mover is to move files across iPhones over Wi-Fi. Connect is for reading Word, Excel, PDF files.

Lockbox - To store all your sensitive information

Some highly recommended Games which I've

MonkeyKick, Paper Toss, Rat on Run, Real Racing, Real Tennis, Rolando, Real Football 10, AlphaBattle, TrivialPursuit, Labyrinth, Let's golf, VW NewPolo, GTA China Town wars, Midnight Bowling, Fling, Boomshine, iPint

I think it's a long post and will stop now. Will allow sometime for you to swallow all this ;)

a role reversal me suggesting tech stuff to mr q but does this help svenkateshsmart? and perhaps suri too for giving his iphone a new life?

i have it in my favourites for when i buy the iphone. says you can upgrade and unlock again easily.

Where can I start reading up about unlocking iPod touch 32GB. That would be 3G. Currently it does not work properly like youtube app cannot connect, and itunes cannot connect to appstore even from my office connection. I did manage to install some free apps once, but they never worked.

Regards

Stevieboy - That's a scam website, They just re-sell what's available freely over internet and regarding Santhosh's case we can't Unlock/JB as of now due to the Baseband version.

I'm happy to have the money on behalf of them :D

And good news is OS 4.0 has already been Jailbroken.

@gobble - Please refer to iClarrified link I've provided in the long post, You just need to look for iPod touch within that website.

Last edited:
Hi svenkateshsmart-

iphone002.jpg

By witchesofsound, shot with DMC-FZ7 at 2010-04-09

iphone003u.jpg

By witchesofsound at 2010-04-09

now - help me.

sms is the only issue - i can access sms using the sim on a nokia

Since you're an very old version, I would recommend you to get to the latest version and see if that solves the problem. Also I believe you're fine with deleting all the data - So I hope everything goes fine, Just follow that tutorial.

Do post your success message

Mine is the 16 GB first gen iPhone, bought used from a colleague who purchased it from the US. He was getting frustrated as he found texting difficult.

Bought because:
1. had heard a lot about the iPod's music quality and was looking to buy an iPod Classic to store and listen to music - realised that the iPhone is an iPod and a phone.
2. Touchscreen - was getting very frustrated with my LG Viewty touchscreen phone. I actually had evaluated the iPhone and LG Viewty and actually ended up buying a Viewty. I don't know what I was thinking then:lol: Regretted the purchase every day, and this offer from the colleague came along. In those days a 16 GB iPhone costed only a grand and half more than a Viewty.
3. Cheap - 15K for a 16 GB, used sparingly for abt 4 months.
4. The killer apps. I've got loads of useful and totally useless apps from the App Store as well as from Cydia (jailbroken, obviously).
5. Plays sweet music, especially with the Sennheiser MM50 in-ear phones. But the supplied earphone was complete crap. Throw/gift it away. Buy any other decent headphone.

Cons:
1. Lousy (mobile) radio. After coming out of a lift, it often fails to lock back to the operator and needs to be fooled into Airplane mode and after sometime brought back to phone mode just to get back mobile signal. of course this could be a prob due to the jailbreak.
2. Still no good for SMS compared to my other phone (BB 8830).
3. Crappy camera.

Despite the above cons, the pros still outweigh it. All in all, a very good phone.
Joshua

whoops!!! svenkateshsmart - i CHICKENED out!!!!!:o

see, i was downloading and installing latest iphone software (as per instructions) and it said "3.1.3" instead of the expected "3.1.2"

i shat bricks!! - what do i do now?:o

whoops!!! svenkateshsmart - i CHICKENED out!!!!!:o

see, i was downloading and installing latest iphone software (as per instructions) and it said "3.1.3" instead of the expected "3.1.2"

i shat bricks!! - what do i do now?:o

Build a Bungalow with them :)

Cheers

Tried calling you Suri to find if you aborted the upgrade. Your phone is ringing, so I hope all is well with the iPhone. Call me when you see this post or my missed call, we'll take it from there.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back