Owners' Thread - Apple Iphone & Ipod

whoops!!! svenkateshsmart - i CHICKENED out!!!!!:o

see, i was downloading and installing latest iphone software (as per instructions) and it said "3.1.3" instead of the expected "3.1.2"

i shat bricks!! - what do i do now?:o

Hi Suri,

I am sorry for the bad luck! Try the below which should downgrade your iphone to 3.1.2

Downgrade iPhone 2G 3G OS 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 or lower | jailbreak

Seems Santhosh was trying you, see if you can speak to him, as I started to fiddle the iphone just 2 days ago, but fiddling it 24x7:ohyeah:, still I could misled you.

Cheers!

Last edited:
3.1.3 can be Jb'ed and unlocked. So I don't see a problem of putting 3.1.3. Also you'll never brick your phone Suri, we can always restore it in DFU mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suri, Venkatesh, myself and others on jailbroken phones should never update using firmware from apple site. We should use "custom firmware" that has been built using one of the many tools. For eg: pawnage for mac users and blackrain, blacksnow etc for windows users. Before you start, do some reading on which phone models this custom firmware will work on.

Here is a link which describes the entire process and also has the download links for the custom firmware:
http://www.iphoneheat.com/2010/02/download-iphone-custom-firmware-3-1-3-ipsw/

At your own risk mate:D

I beg to differ mate.

My 3.1.2 JB was after me upgrading the FW to 3.1.2 from Apple. So the Blackra1n method doesn't require any custom ipsw. It's simple as doodle, As soon as it's updated to JB 3.1.3 I don't see all the need for custom ipsw. Hopefully Geohot does something about this and help you all guys :D

Edit - Seems there is no version planned for 3.1.3, We need to wait for another release either to 3.2 or OS 4.0

Last edited:
Could it be because you don't need an unlock? Since you have an offically unlocked phone, you only needed the jailbreak. But for us, we need both the unlock and the Jailbreak.

Nah mate.

Mine wasn't unlocked during that time. They are asking you to use the Ipsw in order to ignore the apple iTunes update I believe. Each unlock software works in a different way.

Btw Suri any update on your phone.

Btw Suri any update on your phone.

Hi teky - i aborted that itunes update - was confused about 3.1.3 as opposed to 3.1.2 -

phone still working as before -

waiting for fresh directions - and step-by-step approach:o

regds

Hi teky - i aborted that itunes update - was confused about 3.1.3 as opposed to 3.1.2 -

phone still working as before -

waiting for fresh directions - and step-by-step approach:o

regds

Suri,

Don't worry, Just update to 3.1.3 - if you get problems I'll land in Kannur shortly :D

Just update to 3.1.3 through iTunes and you have an option to Jailbreak and Unlock, another guide from modmyi to build your confidence.

Modmyi Guide

hey friends, i am running my 3GS on 3.1.2 , should i risk the upgrad to .3 or wait for the OS 4 to be launched ( expected when??).

While we are on this topic - I want to spider websites and view them on on touch when not in wireless network range. Likewise, I want a tool to download youtube/metacafe videos and also google maps and view them offline.

Does the iPod allow that with JB software?

Regards

hey friends, i am running my 3GS on 3.1.2 , should i risk the upgrad to .3 or wait for the OS 4 to be launched ( expected when??).

There is no benefit from upgrading to 3.1.3, I would advise you to wait for OS 4.0 update which is scheduled this June/July

While we are on this topic - I want to spider websites and view them on on touch when not in wireless network range. Likewise, I want a tool to download youtube/metacafe videos and also google maps and view them offline.

Regards

Yes you'll have to JB in order to enable the functionality you're wanting.

Youtube videos can be downloaded using MxTube

For offline maps head here, Seems someone from Bangalore has created this video - YouTube - How to view google maps on iphone without 3G or Wifi firmware 2.2

Regards

?? gobble, can you please explain just what spider a website is? this is a completely new one to me!

thanks!

?? gobble, can you please explain just what spider a website is? this is a completely new one to me!

thanks!

The tool will follow every link in the site and download it in a manner that it can be loaded again in browser without an Internet connection. Used for backing up websites and earlier by people with dial-up connections.

Cheers

There is no benefit from upgrading to 3.1.3, I would advise you to wait for OS 4.0 update which is scheduled this June/July

Yes you'll have to JB in order to enable the functionality you're wanting.

Youtube videos can be downloaded using MxTube

For offline maps head here, Seems someone from Bangalore has created this video - YouTube - How to view google maps on iphone without 3G or Wifi firmware 2.2

Its too long drawn a process. What I want is simply to browse a map and click a "save offline" button without hassles. If anybody has come across such a tool, let me know.

MxTube looksgood! Thanks.

Cheers

@Gobble and Others

Opera Mini has been released on the App store. It allows you to save web pages for browsing offline.

I tried using it and most commonly used website does load faster. Like the quick dial interface where you save all most visited websites as Thumbnails (Similar to Chrome). This browser should help GPRS & Edge users as most of the processing is done at Opera's servers.

Hi,

Installed opera and yes it's definitely loads faster. eBay app is also available as free app, installed it and it's a must have for an avid ebayer/iPhone user.

Cheers,

man can't believe they actually lost one. even its only one of their prototypes. which i think is the case. then again this is apple and who really knows?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back