Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

@amitksingh2003, This is a nice rack. There is some space for DVDs but that will never suffice me - I have over 250 titles in DVD and Blu-ray (as well as VHS).

Here is a new rack that I had custom made:

View attachment 1852 View attachment 1853

The two sections (having glass panel) have a tray at the bottom that slides out. This helps in easy access to the back side.

The drawers are specifically designed to fit DVD cases (6.5" inches deep). Each drawer can accomodate about 60-70 DVDs.

@arj, I also have a Bose. Contrary to most people who scoff on Bose, I am fairly satisfied. Yes. There are a few limitations:

a) Bose HT (either lifestyle system or Acoustimass speakers attached to AVR) does not have a true sub-woofer. What they have is a Bass module.
b) The Bass module does not go below 200 Hz and hence true LFE sounds are never heard.
c) The mid-range is OK - the highs are fine.

But, I live in a flat. I do not have space for a dedicated HT room. I am unable to find space for bookshelf speakers leave alone those really nice tower speakers. But I may be upgrading to Onkyo HT-S6200 soon.

Last edited:
your rack has a nice finish - seems to be well made.
how much did you shell out for it ?

It costed quite a lot - it has vineer finish with fine polish. I made this as a part of the entire home upgrade (furnishing) - but it may have cost me around 20K.

Thanks. This is the broader perspective ...

View attachment 1857

p/s. If you notice that there is ceiling mount for the projector (RHS)

thats really nice buddy.....seems you are furnishing your home with HTS in mind.

I saw the projector arrangement......hope that celing fan doesn't come in the way.

how are you going to arrange the speaker cables (surrounds)...much of visible wires won't look good in such a nicely decorated house.

good luck :clapping:

@Just4kix: Nice Rack and furniture :). What is the length and width of the Rack??

The length of the rack is about 10' (includes the side drawers). The height is 2.5". The depth (from front to back) is around 2'.

thats really nice buddy.....seems you are furnishing your home with HTS in mind.

I saw the projector arrangement......hope that celing fan doesn't come in the way.

how are you going to arrange the speaker cables (surrounds)...much of visible wires won't look good in such a nicely decorated house.

good luck :clapping:

Thanks. Yes. I am furnishing with the HT in mind. The fan will not interfere with the projection because my projector (Panasonic PT-AE700E) has a lens shift joystick. All wires are concealed - but for 5.1 surround. I am still debating whether 7.1 is required. Any suggestions?

Incidently, I advise anyone buying a projector to look for the manual lens shift function.

See attached pic and notice the joystick on the top RHS corner. Most useful for shifting the projected image according to the situation. Eliminates the need for keystone correction. :)

ptae700lrg.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely Set-up CorElement. Fantastic! How much you paid for the total package (including AVR)? What's the size of LCD and which make? Nice pics, One more bright pic would be nice :). Enjoy!!!

Last edited:
@corElement, very elegant. All you need, maybe, is a large screen TV.

It is my thought that you are mostly watching downloaded movies - which in my opinion is not the best thing to do. But that is me. :lol:

Superb setup, well done.

:)

Thanks =D

Lovely Set-up CorElement. Fantastic! How much you paid for the total package (including AVR)? What's the size of LCD and which make? Nice pics, One more bright pic would be nice :). Enjoy!!!

Total setup excluding pc and monitor ( Theyre from 2004 <lcd= samsung 19" with excellent white balace) breaks down to

s718 fronts - 30k
e7cen center - 19k
e700 rears - 25k
AVR-693 - 35k

I'll take a few day time pics today.

@corElement, very elegant. All you need, maybe, is a large screen TV.

It is my thought that you are mostly watching downloaded movies - which in my opinion is not the best thing to do. But that is me. :lol:

Nah, I hardly watch movies, I'm a game tester so I use it for gaming and music. ty btw

Last edited:
Thanks =D

Total setup excluding pc and monitor ( Theyre from 2004 <lcd= samsung 19" with excellent white balace) breaks down to

s718 fronts - 25k ( 30k retail )
e7cen center - 12k ( 19k retail )
e700 rears - 4k ( 25k retail :D )
AVR-693 - 25k ( one of 3 full sized amps jamo made from 2000-2010, mine was 2005 model - new which used to retail for 35k )

Total - Rs 66,000 ( +1000rs for 10m bi-wire cabling )

I'll take a few day time pics today.

Nah, I hardly watch movies, I'm a game tester so I use it for gaming and music. ty btw

'Game Tester' - Nice to know one.
I guess the center are too away, since you might be sitting close while gaming.
Nice setup.
and +1 that i dont see much wires with the PC around.

gr8,thats massive AVR.

http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/7923-jamo-amp-693-massive-transformer-3.html

'Game Tester' - Nice to know one.
I guess the center are too away, since you might be sitting close while gaming.
Nice setup.
and +1 that i dont see much wires with the PC around.

Yeah I deliberately did that because if I had the screen and everything right under the center it was visually too heavy, wasn't interesting asthetically. I adjusted the db levels to compensate - cant make out now.

I'll take some pics during daytime after I finish work.

rigp.jpg

Headphones from Left to right -> "Kingwood Thunderpants" T50 RP ( made by Smeggy, damped by dBel84) , Hifiman HE-5 (custom damped by dBel84), "Afzelia Thunderpants" T50RP (Made and damped by Smeggy)

Amplifiers - Stacker 2 ( the one with the big red panel, built by me), EHHA (Blue beast built by me)

Source - Assemblage DAC 2.7 (modded by me)

rigp.jpg

Headphones from Left to right -> "Kingwood Thunderpants" T50 RP ( made by Smeggy, damped by dBel84) , Hifiman HE-5 (custom damped by dBel84), "Afzelia Thunderpants" T50RP (Made and damped by Smeggy)

Amplifiers - Stacker 2 ( the one with the big red panel, built by me), EHHA (Blue beast built by me)

Source - Assemblage DAC 2.7 (modded by me)

custom galore O_O

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back