Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Not a bad suggestion on the first impression - but the dust problem is quite BIG at my place. :(

I saw your picture. I suggest that you buy good quality long cables for your AV setup. The problem may not be just due to joined cables.

Cables are long enough.
when connected to another dvd player (Dapic -hardly used now) quality was ok compared to this connection. Problem is connetion to sony - proprietary way of doing things instead of using RCA
IMG_1971_1.jpg

I guess i'll have to hack this too. Use this connector at one end and the other to avr directly.

What are exact connections?
Sony > AVR> spk OR
Sony > spk ?

have 2 connections
Sony > AVR> spk

1. pre-out(sony)>avr>spk
currently all of the time for music. (white and red cable in picture)
2.analog out(sony -as pictured ) >avr >spk
for the 5.1 - movies ( only options from this sony unit)
-- not satisfied,i end up watching movies on my PC only.

Last edited:
First of all many many thanks to all very helpfull members of this forum for their useful suggestions....I am still in the process of building a low budget HT setup.....many more things to buy as the pocket allows in months to come....as of now have got Samsung 40B550, Onkyo 304E, HDMI, Bandridge Co-axial cables, Onida 5522 atom DVD player and 5.1 speakers which I am little ashamed in naming the brand :(

here is the pic........

expect suggetions from forum members on ways to further improve.....

77009761.jpg

Shot with DSC-W320 at 2010-02-08

planning to buy a good media player as of now....probably WD Tv

Connection is Onida DVD to Sammy thru HDMI cables for video and DVD to Onkyo thru Co-axial cable for audio

getting Tata Sky tomorrow with Black STB. (it has component output) :)

Last edited:
Amit,

Thats a pretty decent setup!

Where did you get the rack? It looks great.. and on the bottom near the AV receiver is there space to keep DVDs?

Amit,

Thats a pretty decent setup!

Where did you get the rack? It looks great.. and on the bottom near the AV receiver is there space to keep DVDs?

thanks kwokwochoy

yes it has an inbuilt space for keeping DVDs that you can see on both sides of the AV receiver. the same thing is available separately in the market.

I too liked the design of the rack a lot and the best thing about it is the price I got it for :)

infact I had started looking for options of making one myself after getting market quotes of Rs. 9K -10K for such small racks just for keeping receiver, STB and DVD player. But somehow luckily I got this for only 1.5K :yahoo:

the market price is 6.5K

Superb setup, well done.

:)

thanks Vinod......needed more suggestions from you expert people.

Since I don't have much space to keep Front speakers, I was looking to tweek the AVR settings to produce more surround effects by playing with "Speaker Dimension" and "Speaker Image" settings. Hope experts here can provide more guidance. Probably we can discuss this in a separate thread about how to setup AVRs for ppl with lesser space in home. that will help other members as well.

Cheers

Last edited:
First of all many many thanks to all very helpfull members of this forum for their useful suggestions....I am still in the process of building a low budget HT setup.....many more things to buy as the pocket allows in months to come....as of now have got Samsung 40B550, Onkyo 304E, HDMI, Bandridge Co-axial cables, Onida 5522 atom DVD player and 5.1 speakers which I am little ashamed in naming the brand :(

here is the pic........

expect suggetions from forum members on ways to further improve.....

77009761.jpg

Shot with DSC-W320 at 2010-02-08

planning to buy a good media player as of now....probably WD Tv

Connection is Onida DVD to Sammy thru HDMI cables for video and DVD to Onkyo thru Co-axial cable for audio

getting Tata Sky tomorrow with Black STB. (it has component output) :)

Nothing to be ashamed of , This is a beautiful system and you have arranged the equipment very neatly and the stands look superb. Have seen costilier equipments in a well furnished room with the sound quality zero. Brand name has nothing to do with quality. Few of our forum members will laugh only if you have Bose:ohyeah: :lol:

Nothing to be ashamed of , This is a beautiful system and you have arranged the equipment very neatly and the stands look superb. Have seen costilier equipments in a well furnished room with the sound quality zero. Brand name has nothing to do with quality. Few of our forum members will laugh only if you have Bose:ohyeah: :lol:

yeah. thats right. forget the brand and enjoy the music.
btw, i guess the brand he does not want to reveal is SENSEI. is that right ?

soundofmusic

Its not about laughing at any persons having "Bose". Personally,I would never do that. I guess, its always for the fact what about Bose "Claims" and What it Actually is.
For A lot many Persons, BOSE is actually the Best solutions out there - But Expensive. Why?

In my example.(I own a Bose Champion:ohyeah:(edit companion 2), and an in-ear phone. )
- Total amount Spent is about 11K.
- Total Time Spent using it about 3hrs on Champion:ohyeah:(edit companion 2), 1 hour using in-ear phone(This phone treats my ears as something 'allergic' - never stays in place).
So its like spending 11k for a 3 hour Chinese movie without any SUBTITLES!.
I was pissed.

Last edited:

Thanks dude.... :)

hope I'll keep getting valuable inputs from experts here.

Cheers

yeah. thats right. forget the brand and enjoy the music.
btw, i guess the brand he does not want to reveal is SENSEI. is that right ?

Your are right ranojoy :) .....its Sensei

Though so far I am enjoying the sound. just that Bass is very heavy for the music. many times I don't switch on my subwoofer as I get good bass from fronts as well. May be I get better sound after some tweaking with settings. Afterall, I have just started learning :)

I am also from bangalore!

Can you please share where exactly did you get that rack from?

Thank you!

I got it from Big Bazaar, whitefield, it was for Rs.6.5K.........but since this particular piece was little damaged (one of the Wheels half broken, and one square inch of lamination missing), it was offered to me at 1.5 K and I immediately bought it.

Half broken wheels didn't matter as I had to keep only DVD player, STB, Centre speaker and AVR on this (though I kept my LCD also on this for 2 days till the time it was wall mounted :) )......the 1 inch missing lamination also not easily visible and I am planning to put some sticker there to hide it completely.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back