Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Hi

I am just wondering ,how many of our forum members have seen/listened to Arup's system?

He is such a helpful/friendly member .

He must have certainly invited members over to his place in Calcutta/Gurgaon to listen to his truly fantastic systems and thereby further enhance their audio knowledge.

Regards
Rajiv

Hi,

In the thread started by Alcy

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/9249-unofficial-quad-owners-club.html

He has stated that the eligibility for membership is

Only condition to be in the club, you have to post at least one pic of your beloved Quads !

Arup has posted a picture of his Quad ESL 63

The same ESL 63 can be seen on this website.

Google Image Result for http://www.charleskeng.com/images-audio/QUAD1.JPG

and here

Google Image Result for http://pkant.htmlplanet.com/quad1.jpg

Arup are the Quad ESL63's shown on the above websites yours?

Arup you mention in the above thread that you are an active member of the Quad yahoo groups,

am an active member of the Quad Yahoogroup - often formulating new various types of mods along with Stefaan & Joost of Dada Electronics on Quad 34, 44, 66, 405, 405 mk2, 606, 606-II, 303, 306.

I have been a member of the Quad,Tannoy,Leak,LUXMAN,
Infinity,Vintage Turntable,and other Yahoo Groups right from the inception of these groups.

I own equipment from these companies.

Could you please tell me under what name you post on the Quad groups ,I have seen posts from the folks at DADA and would love to read your posts(which i might have missed) and further improve my understanding of these vintage classics.

Regards
Rajiv

I took great pride in our forum's open approach to membership - in terms of sharing real names and professions and what not. If this is indeed an integrity issue it would be very sad. But also very serious.

Hi,

I have exchanged PM's with AE,there is no doubt that he is very knowledgeable on audio.However in this day and age the information he has posted can be got of the net in seconds.

To the best of my knowledge he has not posted any information on this forum that is not already known or available on the www/audio journals etc.

Folks:

I strongly feel a figure of AE repute won't lie and I also think he owns every products he revealed, but the downside is IMO he didn't have actual photos of his genuine products, so he might have pulled off pics of the same product he owns from the net - to me nothing wrong.

Yes nothing wrong in posting pictures pulled from the net if you don't have actual pictures of your equipent,but I find it hard to believe that a person who has pictures of Nelson Pass on his computer sent years ago does not have pictures of his system.

The first thing audio consultants/ sound engineers do is to have pictures of their work and instalations as part of their portfoilio.AE has a special audio room with all the room tuning goodies as per his posts.Isn't it surprising that he has not posted an actual picture of his set up.

In the thread in question if AE did not intend to pass of the picture of the 1000zxl as his own he should have clarified when other members praised him for owning such a fine deck in pristine condition.

Audio_engr - it warmed me - to see such a pristine nak. Makes me wonder what other 'classic' equipment you got hidden in your attic. If time permits - kindly do share some photos of your other classics - it will definitley enrich the forum. I am a member of Audiokarma.org and a lot of members there have well preserved classic equipment and the get togethers are always a blast (of-course the biggest being the Audiokarma Show where there are rooms dedicated to classic gear) - and it never ceases to amaze me how well built these classic beauties were and how smooth and rich they sound. I owned a few classic Marantz receivers from the 70's (2270 etc) and also had a few Sansui/Marantz tuners and they made beautiful music.
Cheers
Sid

WOW ae, classic machine in great shape.
I have a few of those TDKs (heavy) and u are correct (as always!!!) on the peaks they can take. I have a loads of new Maxell XL II s and two boxes full of TDK SA X.
Do u think these tapes would still be OK? Had bought them in 2007 and they are still packed as I have hardly heard the deck, leave alone record a few.
Rgds
Source = Yamaha CDS2000 / Amp = Accuphase E450 /speakers = B&W 805/ Cables VDH The First ultimate,The Second,The orchid, accuphase IC,Kimber 4TC /8TC biwire, Cardas Golden Reference Biwire, Kimber Silver streak, Supra LORAD 2.5 Power cords.

By failing to point out that the deck in the picture is not his he has only raised questions about his credibility.

Please, it is not a matter of owning or not owning .....

It is technical acumen that we should respect. If the guy is a 'cat' in that department, and shares information to help out some knowledge seeker, that is more than sufficient .... isn't it ?

Why even think of crucifying a stranger (well, we all are ... just bonded due to appreciation of 'music') ?

Even if he does not own any ........ should it bother us ? ... more so, if he is an expert in this field .........
Today 02:06 PM

How do you respect someone who is not up front and truthful,however "qualified' he may be?

We are all bonded by music and audio and expect everyone to be truthful.

If AE can prove that the pictures are of his equipment I will be the first to apologise.

Regards
Rajiv

Am sure AE will clarify.

Have spoken to him on the telephone and he is very informative. I find it hard to believe that a guy like him would like to 'brag' about owning some audio gear. I personally have no issues regarding the pics from the web. Some of us are tooooo lazy to actually click pics & upload and hence refrain even if the intention is present.

Have hardly been on the forum & hence cant claim to know where all this bad blood comes from?

I hope things are amicably settled and people continue to share what they know to benefit a large and ever growing community of HIFI buyers.

Rgds

Last edited:
In that case I would request Alcy to please personally check the Quad components of each member or post an audio clip just incase someone is posting a picture of damaged Quad equipment. Ideally, members of the Quad club should have listened to those components to officially become members or is only ownership the criteria?

Anyways, this is my last post on this thread........

Alcy, please count me out of the Quad club membership.......I was hoping there would be posts about Quad components but it is not turning out the way it should have ....

Go to sleep Shaizada. Otherwise you will be groggy tomorrow. I know the feeling as many times I have stayed awake till 0300 watching a movie.

Folks, I again request all members to restrain themselves. Enough has been said, and let us wait for AE to reply IF he wants to.

Cheers

I should be sleeping no doubt...but tonight I get to stay up REALLY late again. Busy in the day time with a few things, but tonight I felt like studying some material I have.

Anyhow, gives me an excuse to spend more time with you folks! :)

Motey ..do you really study?
I sometimes fail to understand if you were reading .net all this while or spending time with audio gear, that you have storehouses of knowledge!

Hiten,
How i wish i was the ocean but am a mere drop that will fade away soon if others dont join in.

Am agreeably in a sombre mood ..listening away to KEVIN KERN's piano notes from his album - 'More than words' ..and thats exactly what we need at thw moment.

Dont worry Sid, nothing is permanent. matter will be soon sorted out for good.

Through your posts you come as honest, caring and creative person. forum needs people like you :)
regds.

Dear Fellow Members,

I have been completely shocked by certain members when they are in-directly protecting AE, the beauty is that some extremely senior member is also in this wave of protection, there is a talk of restrain and what not, instead of being grateful that there has been an exposed kind of a thing people are pouncing upon him etc for the language used, if someone is faking, at times how is it possible to use a fair language, and see the licence that if someone has got some good knowledge will he be at the liberty to fake his assets? See the added beauty that if AE does not wish to reply that will be completely fine is being said by some members, this is more bizarre. Further there is a talk that the person should not be guilty till he defends, this is real funny, who stops AE from defending himself? Rather AE has logged in at least twice while that is a another story that without logging in also he could be glued to the screen and seeing the live expose catching fire, i wonder how it is being presumed by some that he is not aware of this debate of expose.

At some point if AE proves that he has done nothing wrong, then we have to really wonder what takes him so long to get back, and indeed if the need arises we will say sorry to him but till then if some keep firing the worded missiles at AE, it will not be our fault.

Thanks.

V.

Last edited:
Hello Siddharth,

I am a strong believer of never break relations completely in whatever aspect of life, the best we can do is lie low, who knows things could get better in due course.

V.

Vortex
You know am on my way out, i had requested the mod to nullify the profile/membership and now i hv requested the supermod once again when the 'warning' came.

By far one of the most level posts in this thread in a while. Good job in pointing what this thread should have been. YOu are on the dot!

Okay. The buck stops here with my post. Unfortunate things do happen but they are not inevitable and for that matter, it turns out unfortunate due to too much participation. This thread is about showcasing one's setup and I visit this thread every day just to educate myself more about placement, aesthetics, some other fundamental and serious stuff. I am sure other junior members share my beliefs. Let us show some common sense and exercise some restraint and netiquettes. I am a newbie...and I look upto all the senior members here for their knowledge and stuff they have. Please let newbies like me not get disappointed from senior contributors of this forum.

Only pictures and any discussion regarding such pictures please. Any other discussion, keep off this thread.

Forgive me if I went overboard...but I am sure junior members like me are fed up of all this on "Showcase your audio/video setup here"

Thanks,
Venkat

Mod: Please clean up this thread. Save all the posts of importance in another thread and have that thread locked until mods decide what to do.

Okay. The buck stops here with my post. Unfortunate things do happen but they are not inevitable and for that matter, it turns out unfortunate due to too much participation. This thread is about showcasing one's setup and I visit this thread every day just to educate myself more about placement, aesthetics, some other fundamental and serious stuff. I am sure other junior members share my beliefs. Let us show some common sense and exercise some restraint and netiquettes. I am a newbie...and I look upto all the senior members here for their knowledge and stuff they have. Please let newbies like me not get disappointed from senior contributors of this forum.

Only pictures and any discussion regarding such pictures please. Any other discussion, keep off this thread.

Forgive me if I went overboard...but I am sure junior members like me are fed up of all this on "Showcase your audio/video setup here"

Thanks,
Venkat

Mod: Please clean up this thread. Save all the posts of importance in another thread and have that thread locked until mods decide what to do.

Dear Venkat,
:clapping:You just reminded everyone, the most important reason for this thread.:clapping:

regards
Brejesh

I would like to see this thread resume its original intent.

In light of the recent happenings I would like to inform all members that this forum is a place to discuss all things related to audio/video and not a place to bicker/fight/humiliate/etc. If you want to indulge in such activity then I would request you to KEEP THEM OUT OF THIS FORUM. I hope you all understand this point. I want no further topics/threads/posts on this again.

I will not tolerate any further discussions or threads that humiliate/belittle any other member in any way whatsoever. If a member has a grouse against any other member please bring it to the moderators or my attention. Our decision in such matters will be final.

I would suggest all members to read the Forum Rules again and remember that we are here because we all share a passion... a love for music and movies. What we discuss here are pathways to enjoy this passion. Each one of us may take different paths and have different views but our goal is the same.

hi venkus narelius,

yes, let's get back to the purpose of the thread excellent stop in your tracks post calling for normalcy :) i think enough is enough. its my last post on this fracas. all future posts will be REVELANT to the thread at hand. let's have the fun we used to have! :)

looking forward to the next audio gear to be put up here!

cheers :cheers:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back