Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

am sorry venkus and forum :) one clarification i forgot to make to sid,

i wanted the mod to go in and clean the BC and S in all posts and quoted posts that's why i pointed it out. may not have been directed at someone but still man lets keep the language clean wot say? do stick on man. we all make lousy posts now and then me too eh? :)

i too could very well be fed up with the way people behave on the forum but there's always good under the surface to be found. whenever storms fly on they leave calm behind and more often than not a beautiful breathtaking rainbow that simply holds you spellbound. so it all comes down to viewpoint what do you want to see this fracas or the calm and rainbow that will surely follow :)

besides now that you've got into vinyl we need to get you to buy all sorts of stuff like cleaners for records cleaners for stylus record sleeves strobe discs brushes rcms and what not! :D

if you still want to leave, well all the best in your vinyl journey! enjoy the music.

regards

Just browsing the all the last few pages thinking:lol: somebody has posted their new setup.. Tired of reading ... Getting sleepy in the morning hours itself... Will have a nap and will be back...

Guys please start posting any new setup.. Mine will be new in next week.. Will add it shorlty.

For a change..

My audio/video setup.. :)

display: Samsung 42B450 Plasma
source: SunHD, Xtreamer, Onida DVDp
music: LG stereo system (7 year old ..now looking for a 5.1 HT system)

Pardon my bad photography...I shall replace it with a better picture soon..

17042010043.jpg

Alok you have a decent setup there.....impressive wood work there...neatly done. See you already gave me an idea;)

Hiten---I am astonished..I wonder how you folks maintain equipments in such MINT condition....and the word "vintage" haunts me more:lol: Have you no dust at your homes at all?? my independent house is full of dust...:x

Srini saab...what surprise are you gonna bring us?

Thank you all ,
Venkat

Last edited:
Hi Venkat,

No new addition of equipments, but new look for Living room just like slight HT setup /

Some wood work in top side to route cable and to give some HT feeling / some gimmicks to close the motorized the screen / But I tried your AV rack which you posted earlier, could not suceed/proceed since my first carpenter who is having good brain ran away in between, so dropped the idea and that project... So have to settle for rack type which is yet to start, hope i could completely conceal the cables in front side and plannin a wooden structure in back side of the rack, where i can route the cable to AV equipments..

forgot one.... what about changing your ID.....venkus,,,

Hi Venkat,

No new addition of equipments, but new look for Living room just like slight HT setup /

Some wood work in top side to route cable and to give some HT feeling / some gimmicks to close the motorized the screen / But I tried your AV rack which you posted earlier, could not suceed/proceed since my first carpenter who is having good brain ran away in between, so dropped the idea and that project... So have to settle for rack type which is yet to start, hope i could completely conceal the cables in front side and plannin a wooden structure in back side of the rack, where i can route the cable to AV equipments..

forgot one.... what about changing your ID.....venkus,,,

Yeah..that suspended rack seems to be a complicated one....After reading so many inputs from Dinyaar and other seniors...I have dropped the idea...but if one wants it....think of the wash basin getting support from 2 angle rods in the wall.....this must be done during the house construction itself...this seem safest and economic...I hope your carpenter didn't incur any loss to you...

Wish you good luck on your CIP of your HT....waiting for the pics

and kus kus venkus:lol:.....just see how stupid and funny it sounds...makes me laugh when people address me like that...gladiator man..wat to
say?...

<off track>
technically speaking..looks like handle field in the database is not null type and that may make it uneditable in the db...I was thinking like other forums...we could have an alias field of null type in the database with a boolean field which if true...displays main handle and if false...displays the alias....that way no user will loose the thanks & reputation he earned and number of posts he made...after all I am waiting for my 200th post:p.....Vinay sir you still have the stock rite?....well thats upto webmaster of this forum
</off track>

Thanks,
Venkat

hi Venkat,

glad to know you liked my setup.. thanks :)

About SunHD, I got it free with my TV (including one year subscription)..
I am hooked to IPL..There is a dedicated channel for IPL in High Definition without any advertisement..The picture quality is amazingly good.. Discovery and NatGeo offer Dolby sound as well..

STB comes with one HDMI cable free and it has digital optical out as well which we can connect to HT system for surround sound..

There is a thread where you can find a review..
http://www.hifivision.com/digital-cable-dth/8715-exclusive-sun-direct-hd-review-pics.html

I also have TataSky normal connection.. and compare to that even SD channels have brilliant PQ on SunHD..

Hiten---I am astonished..I wonder how you folks maintain equipments in such MINT condition....and the word "vintage" haunts me more:lol: Have you no dust at your homes at all?? my independent house is full of dust...:x
Thank you all ,
Venkat
Hi Venkat,
I am the second owner of this amp. A friend imported this amp in 70s from some gulf country I think. (He is in to vinyl BIG TIME, has around 4000 vinyls, some rarest of the rare pressings like Lal Bahadur Shastri. Mahatma Gandhi Speech records, some obscure classical singers whose name no one knows these days.)
Regarding dust problem... we do have dust problem, in fact think of me as living in a desert :lol:.
But occasionally I do clean these things. (honestly speaking :D)
Thanks
Hiten

interesting...speeches of MG and LBS...Patriot I say...
you in desert eh? no comment :)
but dust here is nature's gift in abundance to Hyderabad:mad:

As requested by Sidharth, I want to mention that we have sorted the matter amicably through PM and there are absolutely no hard feelings between us.

[Sorry about this one post, Anil. Will stay on track henceforth]

@ vortex
In agreement. Much appreciate the PM you had sent.

Venkat sir/Anil sir..
.....Requesting 4th time. Please cut my chords off the forum. The decision is my personal. Thanks, wishes.

Last edited:
I thought the time has come to showcase my setup as it has been installed in my Living Room now and seems ok. I know there are few placement issues still there but that couldn't be helped due to the space limitation and rented accomodation.

If there are any further scope of improvement, then feel free to pour in with your suggestions, and I will try to implicate them as far as possible.

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

Pic5.jpg

Pic7.jpg

Pic8.jpg

Wow, thats a fantastic setup Ashish. You have everything man - Wii, PS3, a TT, even a Rear Projection TV et all:). BTW, congrats on the TT buddy.

Damn that's a lot of equipment in one place, is that your living room also, ashishkerwani?! Don't you get distracted(or paranoid :p) by all the stuff in there like when watching a movie and guests coming in ? Anyway, that's a hell lot of entertainment for family, friends and yourself. Really cool. Enjoy the setup(s) !

Great gig Ashish ! The only additional requirement I can think of is probably a dedicated stand (or, considering the number of equipment you have, maybe "stands" would be a better option :)).

Hello Ashish,

In a rented place you have set the things well, few can achieve in such a situation.

With the kind of good knowledge you have, i am sure that in due times when you have your own place you will make a dedicated room for entertainment like Sumit and others.

All the best.

V.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back