Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Welcome Kapvin,
I see you have Blu Rays also. How much difference you find in a Blu Ray and a very well transferred Standard DVD?

short answer -- Significant! to recount an anecdote - my wife fought tooth and nail against the purchase of my fullHD projector. but once we got it, and we compared a few movies.. there was not even one further murmur about wasteful expenditure.

longer answer -you'll notice the difference.. but the delta depends on screen size and source material. we notice less difference on a HD ready 37" LCD. On animation (Cars, Ratatouille), the difference really stands out. A little less in fast motion movies such as the MI trilogy.

cheers

Thanks Shaizada
It's because you are instrumental in getting me heavily into vinyl.
I have ordered Denon DL 103 with needledoctor. Let's see how it mate with my arm :)

You are absolutely welcome my friend...it is a path that is VERY rewarding and really, there is no turning back.

You made an EXCELLENT choice with the Denon DL 103. Which exact model did you get? The normal DL 103 or a variant?

You are absolutely welcome my friend...it is a path that is VERY rewarding and really, there is no turning back.

You made an EXCELLENT choice with the Denon DL 103. Which exact model did you get? The normal DL 103 or a variant?

normal one

hi ashish

dosent the RPTV kept facing the PJ reflect light on to the viewers while watching a movie

best option i guess wud be to cover the RPTV while watching thro PJ

i think your new HT wud be rocking!!!

Got some fresh pics of my setup with a new camera.

Front view of the set up

Project 9 arm with Sumiko Pearl Cart

Project RPM4 TT

Hitachi Plasma

Cadence Avita

Cadence Arita (Centre Channel Speaker)

Cambridge Audio DV99, Arcam CD192 & Yamaha RXV596

Cadence VA1 HP

Rear view of Cadence Avita: Biwired with Ecosse CS2.15 & ES2.3. Powered with Siltech Berlin terminated with Furutech Plugs & Sockets.

Paradigm Sub

Record maintenance kit

gr8 stuff! nice to see another cadence/siltech set owner on the forum.

I thought the time has come to showcase my setup as it has been installed in my Living Room now and seems ok. I know there are few placement issues still there but that couldn't be helped due to the space limitation and rented accomodation.

If there are any further scope of improvement, then feel free to pour in with your suggestions, and I will try to implicate them as far as possible.

Wow!!! Gr8 going!

Thanks Ashok,
I am using this system for more than 5 years and i am deeply satisified with it's performance and reliabilty.
Regards
Vasu

haven't been using my setup quite that long, but long enough to upgrade along the same path.... :sad:...................:D

hi ashish

dosent the RPTV kept facing the PJ reflect light on to the viewers while watching a movie

best option i guess wud be to cover the RPTV while watching thro PJ

i think your new HT wud be rocking!!!

It has a Matt screen so nothing gets refelected out of it, and the projector screen is also far from it. And Thanks for the compliments, I am also eagerly waiting for it to happen soon.

Last edited:
Ashish Bhai....sorry..late for the party...thats a huge setup...like everyone said...you have everything.....:yahoo:....very happy for you......I only wish that you have a dedicated HT room soon and post pics on this thread:p.....good luck Sir..

enjoy,
Venkat

Hi,

My humble setup. It is a privilege to post mine along with Vinay's, Santhosh, Sunil, Subhash and all of you.

My 84" motorized PJ screen

My (small) big screen

Optoma HD65

Panasonic DMP-BD60 Region-free, on top Maxine Voltage Convertor, WIFI AP, Big TV

Below there is a Samung P475 DVDP, which I will be replacing with Oppo 981H soon.

Sub and Torvin FS

Denon 790 (1910), Torvin Center Channel, WD 1 TB, Xtreamer with Wifi, Ipod dock

Haier AC

Panny 32" LCD

HTPC - Gigabyte MBD with HDMI, 2 gb DDR II Ram, Core 2 Duo 2.53, Wirless Keyboard and Mouse, Optical and Coaxial Outputs,

Future add-ons:
1. Sub will soon be replaced.
2. Yammy sats will be replaced by bookshelves.
3. Painting and some bass trappers, will be carpeting the floor.
4. NAS
5. Dedicated stereo setup.

Sorry for the bad picture quality! I am poor at this.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back