Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

neat setup dinyaar. Is that a carpet rolled on the left? Does that shining floor cause reflection problems?

Hi anm,
That is a bolster on the side of the left speaker. I had just moved in then and there was minimal furniture and this bolster was just dumped there. Now the unit has moved more to the centre of the room and the speakers are spread a bit more.
Yes its a marble floor. I intend to buy a good carpet and put in between the listener & the speakers. My earlier carpet was tiny and am looking for something I like in a larger size.

Sidvee good luck to u too. Here the B&W s are a bit overpriced and the last retail price was about 2L. Now the newer 805D is about double that and a bit more. My speaker is almost 2 years old so am still figuring out a correct price for it. I too have not heard the new diamond 805 but frankly thats only for my curiosity as I am commited to buy another 'sound' now. I have liked the thiels a lot, now its just about the positioning and the availability of the colour that I want. I checked if they had any SE 2.4 but no luck.
Most thiel that I heard here or in UK or Aus were always paired with Sim or Bryston. Imo a warm amp can excel here provided it can supply the juice and be stable with the 4 ohm impedance. Last week I heard the 3BSST with the CS 2.4 and I found the set up a bit exciting but then that was a fresh peice and I presume will smoothen out a bit. I know Manav has this combo and is over the moon.
Will keep u posted.
Rgds

Renovated my Living Room Setup recently and pics below.The final placemment assembly of AV setup was completed with help of venkateshsmart.. Comments are most welcome. Will post the links of further photos done step by step...

However dont scold me for keeping the TV so low, since TV usage is very less. Planning by end of year for LED TV...

Still on the setup minor wire routing(hiding) have to be done, which will be done on the coming days...

WITHOUT AV EQUIPMENTS

dsc05253e.jpg

dsc05226h.jpg

WITH AV EQUIPMENTS

dsc05273p.jpg

dsc05283t.jpg

dsc05284d.jpg

dsc05287v.jpg

dsc05288d.jpg

dsc05289b.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Srini and thanks to venkateshsmart for helping out. I would have loved to join you guys if I were in Chennai. Post more pics of the surround speakers, projectors etc.

What size and ratios are the two screens?

Hi Santhosh,

Longing soooo much to see ur setup, if i could have seen yours, taken some tips or copied something to improve my setup.

Both screens are 16:9/ Motorized is 110" and second fixed is nearbout 84".

Thats very well planed Shri.I can suggest that you need some space around fronts.You can pull them little out of rack for better sound.
Living room can be a problem if you have many people coming to your home & will be disturbing.Late night is OK.

Thanks spiro..

Yes i planned to pull the fronts while watching if necessary and keep it by side while idle..

My viewing time is only in night, so no problem for so far encountered for last few years..

hello srinisundar,

lost with you setup, trying to imagine the pleasure that you have with this :yahoo: . i wish i could listen that.

all i can say right now "AWESOME SETUP"

regards
vinay singh

Looks great srinisundar...good job with the lighting ( 1st pic). I love the shelves/support for keeping the equipment (receiver/players etc.). Although it seems that Marantz is struggling to stay on the shelf support...or is it just one pic in which it seems so ?

Nice Job Srinisundar,

Couple of queries,

How do you access the plug points? Is The Top Cover of the Wooden Console Hinged for access?
Can you take some pics showing us your seating area, is the door on the left your main entrance?

Just curious about these aspects.

Regards

Looking good Srini and thanks to venkateshsmart for helping out. I would have loved to join you guys if I were in Chennai. Post more pics of the surround speakers, projectors etc.

What size and ratios are the two screens?

Hi,

Congratulations Sir! I am enjoying seeing the pictures and the compliments from other members. This thread is all yours today! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Cheers!

Looks great srinisundar...good job with the lighting ( 1st pic). I love the shelves/support for keeping the equipment (receiver/players etc.). Although it seems that Marantz is struggling to stay on the shelf support...or is it just one pic in which it seems so ?

Thanks alcy and also u r right about Marantz and it is struggling because it has lot of wires in back and still it is managing and behaving properly. Since you can see in the pics without setup, i have given only two holes just above the tray. Giving another hole to feed the wires which were connected in the top(May be HDMI cables) in straight position will make marantz comfortable to sit on tray.

But in this position the HDMI connection are in the top and it has to be fully bent and sent via the hole. So to make comfort to HDMI cable i made Marantz to struggle:lol: thatz long bit of explanation is it:lol: But you are right man:clapping:

Nice Job Srinisundar,

Couple of queries,

How do you access the plug points? Is The Top Cover of the Wooden Console Hinged for access?
Can you take some pics showing us your seating area, is the door on the left your main entrance?

Just curious about these aspects.

Regards

Thanks denom,

Yet is has acess in the top and it is hinged and i have posted the pics without cover and with cover in the other section http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/10142-my-living-room-renovation-pics-lot-pics-so-execuse-me.html

As spiro told right side is the entrance to the hall and left side is my daughter cum guest room.

Posting pic of seating area below... Pending is concealed wiring for surrounds running below.. and PJ cables( electrical ^ HDMI)

dsc05260qn.jpg

another photo just for reference... Planning to buy two sets of sofa cum recliners soon.

dsc05286d.jpg

Last edited:
hi srini , nice set up

considering it to be a living room it cud be tough for acoustic treatment,

thats a cool living room set up , thats a damn good idea to have wooden racks directly fixed to the walls
congrats

Some changes!!!!!!
The Ascendant driven by my old Accuphase amp and the yamaha source.
Mr Patel suggests a 300 hour break in and I have done about 20 hours in the week that they have been here. Very old school sound and may not appeal to anyone who looks for impact, slam,massive dynamic shifts etc etc but will appeal to u if you too are after 'tone' above anything else. Relaxed, natural sounding speaker which can be placed in moderate rooms & can be driven by real world amplification unlike the Indra which demands more on both fronts. Simple two way design.
Last upgrade will be the cdp which I plan to buy from sgpore in sept.
View attachment 2340

View attachment 2341

Rgds

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back