Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Damn that's a lot of equipment in one place, is that your living room also, ashishkerwani?! Don't you get distracted(or paranoid :p) by all the stuff in there like when watching a movie and guests coming in ? Anyway, that's a hell lot of entertainment for family, friends and yourself. Really cool. Enjoy the setup(s) !

Thanks, Yes its a Living Room as well as my Drawing Room, but we don't have guest so often so I think that shouldn't be much of a problem. Its better placed now, come to think of the same set up in my bedroom from past 2 years. I simply pity my wife and kids, but they supported me well until now.

Great gig Ashish ! The only additional requirement I can think of is probably a dedicated stand (or, considering the number of equipment you have, maybe "stands" would be a better option :)).

Yes thats the thing I need for my next purchase, but I would prospone it till I shift to my newly constructed house with a dedicated State of the Art Basement Theatre. Thanks for reminding it to me.

OK here it is.... just to put the thread back on track.
Not new but here is my vintage Pioneer amp. Will hook it up with technics TT in near future.
pioneersa6750.jpg

looks lovely..

I grew up lusting after such amps..

Hello Ashish,

In a rented place you have set the things well, few can achieve in such a situation.

With the kind of good knowledge you have, i am sure that in due times when you have your own place you will make a dedicated room for entertainment like Sumit and others.

All the best.

V.

Thanks, and yes I do have plans of having a dedicated theatre in the Basement of my Newly Constructed House.

Ashish - like many have said, thats quite a lot of equipment there. I have one suggestion. While everything looks very good, I am sure sonically there can be many improvements. Your floorstanding speakers perhaps can make use of some space from the rear wall although I understand you dont have a choice with respect to giving them breathing space on the sides. Could you perhaps pull those speakers a foot or so in front? Yes, it will mean that some of the alignment (visual) will be spoilt but if you can get better sound, it will be worth it - in my mind. Also like a few others have mentioned, you probably need a little bit of toe-in with the speakers.

You have the Wii and the PS3, what happened to the XBOX? :)

@Kapvin,
You have a very nice collection of movies.I find you have mix of comedy, action, thriller, animation, drama etc. I hope the collection will grow further with time :)
Enjoy
Vasu

Thanks, and yes I do have plans of having a dedicated theatre in the Basement of my Newly Constructed House.

hey ashish, looks like we have the 5.0 part of the setup in common. you do seem to have much beefier amplification, though. how big is the room? and are you happy with the DSW 600?

Kapvin

Ashish - like many have said, thats quite a lot of equipment there. I have one suggestion. While everything looks very good, I am sure sonically there can be many improvements. Your floorstanding speakers perhaps can make use of some space from the rear wall although I understand you dont have a choice with respect to giving them breathing space on the sides. Could you perhaps pull those speakers a foot or so in front? Yes, it will mean that some of the alignment (visual) will be spoilt but if you can get better sound, it will be worth it - in my mind. Also like a few others have mentioned, you probably need a little bit of toe-in with the speakers.

You have the Wii and the PS3, what happened to the XBOX? :)

My FS are 10" away from the back wall, and as I have explained in my earlier reply the speakers are towed and gives me perfect imaging considering the size of the room.

I do have a Xbox (original) but it needs a lense replacement so for now its packed in a carton, and I also had a Xbox 360 which I sold before buying PS3.
I used Ps3 for Blu Ray playback until I bought the Oppo, and Wii belongs to my Kids and they simply love it.

@Kapvin,
You have a very nice collection of movies.I find you have mix of comedy, action, thriller, animation, drama etc. I hope the collection will grow further with time :)
Enjoy
Vasu

thanks Vasu, for your good wishes.

this is not the complete collection though, almost 50% of my DVDs have not been logged into the library software-> Hindi mostly because it is a manual process for "mymovies", and english because i've been a bit lazy. your words inspire me though..

cheers

kapil

kapil

hey ashish, looks like we have the 5.0 part of the setup in common. you do seem to have much beefier amplification, though. how big is the room? and are you happy with the DSW 600?

Kapvin

Mind you these Polk speakers are power hungry and they really sing with great amplification. Dsw 600 is a great SUB as far as movies are conserned but for music its a bit slow on movement and I always use my AVR in pure audio mode so my sub is meant for only movie watching. My present room size is 18ft x 15ft but my basement theatre is on the large side i.e 28ft x 25ft so there this system would be perfect. I have built my system keeping my basement setup in mind.

Got some fresh pics of my setup with a new camera.

Front view of the set up
img0022bi.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Project 9 arm with Sumiko Pearl Cart
img0035lx.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Project RPM4 TT
img0013zo.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hitachi Plasma
img0025yp.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cadence Avita
img0021g.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cadence Arita (Centre Channel Speaker)
img0027lx.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cambridge Audio DV99, Arcam CD192 & Yamaha RXV596
img0018zs.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cadence VA1 HP
img0014vp.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Rear view of Cadence Avita: Biwired with Ecosse CS2.15 & ES2.3. Powered with Siltech Berlin terminated with Furutech Plugs & Sockets.
img0047fb.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Paradigm Sub
img0023jr.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Record maintenance kit
img0032iu.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

thanks Vasu, for your good wishes.

this is not the complete collection though, almost 50% of my DVDs have not been logged into the library software-> Hindi mostly because it is a manual process for "mymovies", and english because i've been a bit lazy. your words inspire me though..

cheers

kapil

kapil

Welcome Kapvin,
I see you have Blu Rays also. How much difference you find in a Blu Ray and a very well transferred Standard DVD?

Got some fresh pics of my setup with a new camera.

Front view of the set up
img0022bi.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

wow, thanks for the pictures. and a nice big room.. -it woudl be the envy of most mumbaikars!

what is that on the floor behind your right speaker (next to the subwoofer)?

wow, thanks for the pictures. and a nice big room.. -it woudl be the envy of most mumbaikars!

what is that on the floor behind your right speaker (next to the subwoofer)?

That's a Zephyr 2 KVA Power Conditioner from Audire.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back