Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

lol...dent to your wallet brother...??:lol:

Ok, you got me there :rolleyes:

The starting damage is 13k. God only knows how much I will have to shell out to get that perfect sound which I have been seeking for ages.

God, give me strength to resist those impulsive moments when I think "What the heck! Let's buy these super expensive speakers. After all, pure sound is everything!!!". :ohyeah:

Dent? where is the dent? :sad:
If you are talking about the faceplate then the design is like this only. The faceplate is nicely folded on the top and bottom.

dent means dent to your pocket i.e. how much did u spent? You already mentioned 13k right? Cannt imagine a dent to a new piece ;). Its so scary and heart breaking.

I tried wiping it off but it is written using permanent marker. Any home remedy for removing permanent marker ink?

yes - acetone - contained in nail-polish remover (lakme) will do the job-

be gentle with your strokes, though - if you are rough, you could remove the paint along with the marking -

use Q-tips lightly soaked with nail polish remover - to gently brush off that permanent marked execration

yes - acetone - contained in nail-polish remover (lakme) will do the job-

be gentle with your strokes, though - if you are rough, you could remove the paint along with the marking -

use Q-tips lightly soaked with nail polish remover - to gently brush off that permanent marked execration

Thanks for the tip Suri. I applied after shave lotion using a cotton swab and the markings are gone now :clapping:

Yes TV looks really awesome. How much it costs?

Dear All,

Sorry for the late response. Have reduced the size. Added some more photos. And thank you all for the comments and the valuable suggestions. Really appreciate it. Will keep them in mind when i build my rack.

Reduced Size:
smallht.jpg

Night effect:

smallp1010631.jpg

Sample:

smallp1010585.jpg

Hi Venkatesh....very nice setup and thank you for posting the pictures...

I thought you owned a projector and screen too....no signs of them in your pictures and signature too

@svenkatesh and @jagmarg,

very nice setups equipment-wise. I'm sure they sound good as well. A couple of points...not criticisms per se but words of advice regarding aesthetics and component use:
I notice both of you have placed the equipment in really cramped spaces. One has not one but two centre speakers sitting on top of the AVR (blocking its ventilation holes?) and the other has a beautiful WH CM? being partly blocked by a set-top box.

Jagmarg's component's are placed one on top of the other, which is bad practice in general. I'm sure, with the amount of money you both have saved and then spent on your dream equipment, you can afford to spend just a little bit more to keep it well-ventilated, safe, and spread out.

It always saddens me to see a great setup marred because of bad component placement or faulty speaker positioning. Sort of like seeing a BMW with bicycle tires :rolleyes:

Just friendly advice..I really like your setups overall.

Hello Jagmarg, you've got a nice setup and the night vision is awesome.
Your Marantz Cd player will get cooked if it sits any longer on that hot plate(receiver). Pls. move it to the dvd player's shelf and dvd to the top, may be you can place your center on that with some rubber bases. hope that helps. enjoy..

Hello Venkateshsmart, you have everything---Home Thtr, Htpc, Mediaplayer+ext. HDD...i'm planning on a htpc or media player+hdd. Overall nice functional setup.
maybe a horizontal rack would clear up the clutter...

@svenkatesh and @jagmarg,

very nice setups equipment-wise. I'm sure they sound good as well. A couple of points...not criticisms per se but words of advice regarding aesthetics and component use:
I notice both of you have placed the equipment in really cramped spaces. One has not one but two centre speakers sitting on top of the AVR (blocking its ventilation holes?) and the other has a beautiful WH CM? being partly blocked by a set-top box.

Thanks for the tip. They are very cramped because it is a 10x10 room (he he). I will be moving the HT setup to the living room sooner or later, but before that I need to fix a few things like sealing kitchen, installing chimney, etc. as I dont want to expose the gadgets to smoke.

Regarding the Center speaker on the AVR - on Denon 790, you have 2/3rd of the space on the top, which is full covered and does not have ventilation, which is where I have kept the speakers on and the other center channel is not connected:ohyeah:.

However, I will move the CDs and DVDs into a rack and put the center channel in place of them.

Thanks again,

Hi Venkatesh,nice to see your setup.
I can see 2 centre ch?2 sets of HT pack,wow.
Nad vol knob looks to be changed I suppose.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back