Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Hi Venkatesh,nice to see your setup.
I can see 2 centre ch?2 sets of HT pack,wow.
Nad vol knob looks to be changed I suppose.

Thanks Spiro! he he, it is the result of my bad photography skills, the NAD though around a decade old is in pristine condition. I have to change only binding posts

At last ... I got my Technics SL1210MK2. Price: Rs.50400. Seller: Roland Pro Music.
Well its built like a TANK. 12.5Kg. I fitted it with a M44-7H. Well the cart is nothing exotic - but with the SL1210 they sing. Yesterday I was listning to Superuna and Shaan soundtrack(both new old stock). The music was total bliss.
The amp used is Kenwood Ka2200. Well for me happyness is SL1210.:ohyeah:

A couple of months ago, I moved my HT from a dedicated HT/entertainment room to the main living area. Also setup a study & "manly entertainment" room for myself :) Here are some pictures of the rearranged setup.

ht_wall.jpg

On the wall: Sony 40" LCD. 2 1/2 years old.
In the vertical rack (from the bottom)
Onkyo 7.1 HTIB, bought along with the TV
Zotac Mag PC, with its IR receiver to its left
Sony upscaling DVD Player
Tata Sky HD
D-Link wireless router and UPS (top most)

ht_back.jpg

ht_back2.jpg

The Study
study_1.jpg

In the rack: Norge 2060 amp and it's "stone age" remote (placed above it)
Below are my PC, the home media server and their UPS.
The speakers for this setup are budget ones, sourced from Mr.Praveen (Sonodyne). The speakers were assembled by him and cost Rs.5k (pair)

study_2.jpg

This is a picture with mood lighting on. Looks more dramatic @ night.

Sweet setup myriad. How is the spirit sounding with the ushers? And more importantly how is the diamond tweeter on the ushers? Really IMO no substitute for tubes especially if one listens to a lot of jazz.
cheers
Sid

Last edited:
Nice setup(s) Vasu. Did you let go off the Cadence speakers?

OT: I came across a Cadence tube amp for sale somewhere in Chennai or Coimbatore, but can't find that link. Would anyone point me to that link pls? A friend is looking for a Cadence amp. Thanks in advance.

Sweet setup myriad. How is the spirit sounding with the ushers? And more importantly how is the diamond tweeter on the ushers? Really IMO no substitute for tubes especially if one listens to a lot of jazz.
cheers
Sid

Thanks Sidvee,
Spirit is a very good amp. It's detailed and dynamic, not overly sweet like a typical valve amp. Usher Mini dancer mate very well with Spirit. It's diamond tweeter is more refined than berrylium. This combo of Spirit & Usher is good with all types of music whether it's classical, rock, jazz, electric jazz whereas Cadence VA1 and Avita were also good but only with jazz and small ensemble that too played at low volume.
Regards

Nice setup(s) Vasu. Did you let go off the Cadence speakers?

OT: I came across a Cadence tube amp for sale somewhere in Chennai or Coimbatore, but can't find that link. Would anyone point me to that link pls? A friend is looking for a Cadence amp. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Santhol,
The Cadence and Avitas are still with me....planning to keep them as 2nd system. Right now i don't have any spare source to connect so they have sit idle for few months.
Santhol, Mr.Mahindra Dave of Oceanic Sound, Pune keeps getting used VA1. I will pm his mobile number and you can talk to him and find out.
Regards

Thanks Santhol,
The Cadence and Avitas are still with me....planning to keep them as 2nd system. Right now i don't have any spare source to connect so they have sit idle for few months.
Santhol, Mr.Mahindra Dave of Oceanic Sound, Pune keeps getting used VA1. I will pm his mobile number and you can talk to him and find out.
Regards

also, the company themselves handle pre-owned and/or re-furbished eqpt., when available. u may try ur luck.

Hearty congratulations Vasu !

The Spirit 2 amp from Ayon looks almost bullet-proof. I previously have seen the Ayon CD1 at Pratim's place. It looked and sounded really awesome. Going by the size and weight of their CDP, I am wondering how much does your amp weigh? Are you comfortable putting it on such a big one-piece glass?

I hope you get what you want with your new acquisitions.

I am dying to hear your new set-up. Let me know when your amp-speakers have sufficiently broken in. As you know, you are always welcome at my place to have a comparison. You have not heard my system after the new power cords/ICs. You deserve a big "thank you" from me for opening my eyes on the power cords. So, you have earned the "Banchharam's" sweets (Prano-haraa and Aabar Khabo) at my place :).

Regards

Congrats. Vasu

It was a pleasent surprise when I heared about your new speaker. I think it was a quick decision . Waiting to listen to the set up asap.

Regards

Hearty congratulations Vasu !
The Spirit 2 amp from Ayon looks almost bullet-proof. I previously have seen the Ayon CD1 at Pratim's place. It looked and sounded really awesome. Going by the size and weight of their CDP, I am wondering how much does your amp weigh? Are you comfortable putting it on such a big one-piece glass

Thanks Asita Da!
The glass shelf you are talking about is sturdy enough. I used to keep Cadence VA1 at the same place.

I hope you get what you want with your new acquisitions

Yes. I was looking for something which was good, if not outstanding, with all types of music.

I am dying to hear your new set-up. Let me know when your amp-speakers have sufficiently broken in. As you know, you are always welcome at my place to have a comparison. You have not heard my system after the new power cords/ICs. You deserve a big "thank you" from me for opening my eyes on the power cords. So, you have earned the "Banchharam's" sweets (Prano-haraa and Aabar Khabo) at my place :).

The set up has been run in for almost 80-90 hours and has opened up a lot by now. You can come on any holiday or Sunday but just let me know a day in advance.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back