Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Fantastic Ashokji. Really nice..the way you have shot the pic to include the sub.

Please post one closeup pic of the electronics. Thanks.

fantastique.. fantastique..

is this audio heaven ?

regards,
mpw
========================================================

Updated pix vis-a-vis @http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/1167-showcase-your-audio-video-setup-here-19.html#post51975

as45.jpg

as42.jpg

as34.jpg

as27.jpg

More of the sub added @http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/8665-post-your-latest-av-purchase-s-149.html#post318575

guys, thanx a ton for all the appreciation, sincerely.

would also welcome any pointers for things that may seem to need a review.

the last time the old rig's pix were posted, got a suggestion to reduce the inter-speaker distance to 8'. did that.

Ashok,

Simply awesome ! Visual pleasure to the max. If I visit Delhi, I hope we can find a mutually agreeable time so that I can listen to the beauties you have.

These days I spend very little time on the forum. Appreciating your set-up does not mean I do not like the other set-ups. Simply have not spent time looking at the others'. I hope other folks understand. It's the same with many other threads, for example, the vinyl set-up thread. One of these days, I am going to spend some time looking at all the superb pictures put up in these threads.

Regards.

Ashok,

Simply awesome ! Visual pleasure to the max. If I visit Delhi, I hope we can find a mutually agreeable time so that I can listen to the beauties you have.

These days I spend very little time on the forum. Appreciating your set-up does not mean I do not like the other set-ups. Simply have not spent time looking at the others'. I hope other folks understand. It's the same with many other threads, for example, the vinyl set-up thread. One of these days, I am going to spend some time looking at all the superb pictures put up in these threads.

Regards.

thank you, asitji!

it would be a pleasure and privilege to host u when u r over. if adequate notice is possible, i may also b able to get a few other FMs to join in. i know we will learn a lot from u and from the generic interaction.

thanx, sir!

well, i tried upgrading to the arca, unsuccessfully.

the next best option was this (IMHO, of course).

owing to a large room size, other than in solitary listening sessions (which is actually more often that otherwise) the expected slam was found wanting. with the sub, ELF heavy sections come alive, with excellent dynamics. since the aristas have 8"ers, sub (50-60 actually) 30Hz is an avoidable strain on them. with ELF now going to the sub, they are free to deliver dense, sweeter mids.

i have retained both chains, tho'., i.e., pure (w/o sub) and one with, to continue enjoying the best of both.

thanx, sir!

well, i tried upgrading to the arca, unsuccessfully.

the next best option was this (IMHO, of course).

owing to a large room size, other than in solitary listening sessions (which is actually more often that otherwise) the expected slam was found wanting. with the sub, ELF heavy sections come alive, with excellent dynamics. since the aristas have 8"ers, sub (50-60 actually) 30Hz is an avoidable strain on them. with ELF now going to the sub, they are free to deliver dense, sweeter mids.

i have retained both chains, tho'., i.e., pure (w/o sub) and one with, to continue enjoying the best of both.

Sir,
I too use 2 subs in my 'stereo' set up with the CC [Cadence Canasya] !!
What a super amp it is;;
:clapping:

The Martin Logan Depth is the sub that I have chosen.

p.s. Sir, Have you tried to place your speakers more into the room ? i.e. 5 to 7 feet from the rear wall ? Either with this speaker or with the Arca ? Your current speaker would work best between 3.5 to 4 feet from the rear wall & the Arca may need 5 to 7 feet [distance from 'rear' wall] !
Just a suggestion....do not misunderstand my post....I only write cause we use the same amps; & I have high regard for Cadence Products !

thanx!

i am planning a side-shift option of the rig to accommodate that suggestion, something that has also been on my mind. the room you see is just half the size. the complete room is double, length wise. so, if i go from 'landscape' to ' portrait' mode, what u suggest would be practical. hav discussed this with the electrician also, as i would need to re-wire.

presently, when i want space behind (tho' there already is about 3') i open the large windows, leading out into the open. virtually there.... then.

btw, i have an option to add a sub to the existing chain. the active xOver and the sub are designed in that manner (if u notice the second XLR port in the sub rear, pix). however, left it open ended to evaluate with single and then plunge if felt needed.

also, if we are speaking of the need for so much space behind the speaker, w/o a window, i.e., would the room size not be insanely large!?!

thanx!

also, if we are speaking of the need for so much space behind the speaker, w/o a window, i.e., would the room size not be insanely large!?!

Sir,

I am sure you know Cadence products very well & have been with them for a while - so my commenting on them may not seem appropriate;
All said, I just write this in the most humble manner - I do hope you accept it in the correct spirit - my intent is pure improvement [musically speaking i.e.] & none other.....

All Cadence Speakers - ESL's i.e. are Di-Pole & hence the ESL panel 'fires' in the front & in the back.
The fire 'open' in the front' & fire 'closed' in the back.
They need 'space' behind the speakers & some level [very slight] of 'absorption'
In light of this, if you shift to 'portrait' mode - the speakers can be 'pulled' into the room - 4 to 6 feet from the rear wall.
Also keep about 9 to 10.5' space between the speakers if possible & as much space on the sides as possible - you will manage a 'huge' sound stage - 2 feet from the outside of the speaker to 10 feet behind the speaker at least......do trust me - this is 100 % possible - have tried & managed it in some other set ups - so you too can make it happen - you have the space for it.......
Get your Wireman on the job - move it - as soon as possible.:yahoo:

hey! why would anyone mind any constructive suggestions!?! esp., in my case where i hav specifically welcomed these. i find no harm in learning from those better informed and experienced, not that practical suggestions from from those not so are not to be considered. and interactions in (mostly) HFV and other similar forums have added immensely to my own present state of 'understanding' on the subject. so, do pitch in whenever, thank you.

Last edited:
Ashokji,

Would be glad to hear from you post the 'experiment' that FM bhagwan suggest's :)
You are so lucky to have ample space dedicated to your set-up, which is a dream for most of us mumbaikars :sad:

Always a pleasure to learn from 'experiments' conducted :D

Regards

actually (i cannot truthfully say 'unfortunately'), this space is not dedicated to the rig. this is also our living room, where we welcome guests, etc. and, the bar and dining area are also here. so, pulling the speakers in 'could' mean someone using the speaker top as a drink rest (has almost happened on two occasions in the past even with them where they are; sacrilegious).

still, will definitely update when done, even if this is forced to be for a short duration owing to practical reasons.

btw, u do kno what the rig weighs, so the activity definitely needs to be a planned, assisted one.

Hi Hifiashok

I agree with Bhagwans observations. In case you cannot get the distance from the back wall try a plant behind each of the speakers. That also could work. A lot of Soundlab users do that.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back