Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Hi hifiashok

The whole idea is to minimise the dipole reflections from the backwall. Ideally distance works. If not you should try and scatter the reflections. Plants tend to work for this. Fake ficus plants can also be used.

am having a person with prof. studio sound proofing experience coming over tomorrow to address the rattling (the big windows are wood 'n glass, so need to be epoxy'd/siliconed) that has been thrown up owing to the ELF from the sub. will pick his mind also.

Yes, do that. IME most professional studio sound proofing guys tend to deaden the sound with a lot of absorption. This has been my experience with studios in Mumbai. Be very careful about this because electrostats do not like much absorption.

just aside, my experience in the Cadence an-echoic speaker testing chamber was eerie, to say the least. also looked similar to the spherical room in xmen.

Hi Hifiashok

When you open the large windows behind your speakers, there is practically 100% absorption happening on the back wall. With a electrostat you will lose out on a lot of ambient cues. The mid and treble information generated from the rear of the electrostat should ideally not be absorbed 100%. In the past i have owned the Cadences and the Logans and have experienced this.

Ashok,

What Bhagwan has suggested is absolutely spot on. Ideally they should be in the middle of the room and wide apart (could be even along the length of the room rather than the breadth). I have written about such speaker positioning in this forum (can't remember the thread). I believe this will really improve the sonics from these kind of speakers. Once I was present (in my friend's place) when people from the dealership came and tried different positions for quite some (in the US). I witnessed the difference with my own eyes/ears. I know you have practical limitations, but try it once to see the difference.

Regards.

PS: Although my speakers are very very different than yours, I have placed them about 9 feet apart (from centre to centre). There are certain wonderful advantages to have with that kind of positioning.

Hi Hifiashok

When you open the large windows behind your speakers, there is practically 100% absorption happening on the back wall. With a electrostat you will lose out on a lot of ambient cues. The mid and treble information generated from the rear of the electrostat should ideally not be absorbed 100%. In the past i have owned the Cadences and the Logans and have experienced this.

is a mite contradictory to an input a couple of posts back? 'minimise' but 'not 100%' is.....

Hi Hifiashok

Sorry for the confusion. Ideally you should not absorb the back reflections in a dipole. Scatter them or diffuse them. You need to minimise the reflections without absorption. Hence the distance from the back wall is required. Since that was not a possibility in your case, i suggested the plants.

Last edited:
thank you, asitji!

it would be a pleasure and privilege to host u when u r over. if adequate notice is possible, i may also b able to get a few other FMs to join in. i know we will learn a lot from u and from the generic interaction.

Ashok,

I didn't read the above post of yours carefully. Sorry!

Thanks for the invitation. I hope I can make it to Delhi some time. However, I must say, people with Canasya monoblocks have nothing to learn from me. Pleasure will be all mine.

Regards.

However, I must say, people with Canasya monoblocks have nothing to learn from me.

sir, coming from u, this is humility personified.

on CC owner bhagwanji, what u say rings absolutely true, going by all his inputs on the various threads.

about lesser mortals like me, i will choose to reserve my comment. ;)

on another note, i hav learnt and firmly believe, let the eqpt. not b the judge of the owner; let the knowledge (yet the ability to remain open minded and continue with the yearning to learn more), the humility and the intention to freely (and impartially) share that goes along be the guide.

Greetings to you all,

I moved from USA an year ago and I brought some of HT Components on my relocation.

Here is my setup as of now

1) Samsung 55"LED (Samsung UN55C6300)
2) HTPC with AMD QuadCore, LG Bluray/HD DVD Combo Drive. (Having a ATI 5670 to support True HD and Master Audio)
3) Logitec Z5500 (Now Connected using toslink optic cable. )
4) Denon 2310 (Looking for Good 7.2 speakers as this is sleeping in a packed box for last one year. . This was paired with Polk M-70/cs2/m-40 and Klipsch SW350 while I was in States. I could not able carry them due to Weight constraints)
5) TATA sky HD(This is dead now. I enjoyed HD connection on component port for 10 last months. TATA sky is not supporting 1080i 60-hz on their settop box anymore)

I need your suggestions on Item number 4 and 5
** I have seen couple of references for HDMI/HDMI PAL to NTSC converters (Technically there is no PAL/NTSC on a HD space it is Just scan rate differences 50Hz or 60Hz). Please share me your experiences on these converters for me to move forward.

Thanks in advance...

DSC_06901.jpg

DSC_0700.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

DSC_0698.jpg

Last edited:
4) Denon 2310 (Looking for Good 7.2 speakers as this is sleeping in a packed box for last one year. . This was paired with Polk M-70/cs2/m-40 and Klipsch SW350 while I was in States. I could not able carry them due to Weight constraints)

What is ur budget and hearing preferences?

Congratulations. Nice setup you got there. IIRC, I read in another thread that videocon hd stb supports 50/60 Hz. But I'm not sure about that.

You can audition the following speakers to match 2310 - Polk RTi series, Paradigm, Epos Epic5, PSB to name a few. Again depends on your budget.....

What is ur budget and hearing preferences?

You can audition the following speakers to match 2310 - Polk RTi series, Paradigm, Epos Epic5, PSB to name a few. Again depends on your budget.....

Around 70k for 5.1. Will add the other 2 later for 7.2.
Planned to do a hunt this weekend for couple of auditions.

curious as to why can't you use HDMI port on TS?
HDMI port supports only 50hz scan rates on tata sky set top box.

Congratulations. Nice setup you got there. IIRC, I read in another thread that videocon hd stb supports 50/60 Hz. But I'm not sure about that.
Thanks, Will try to have look at the Videocon settop box options from delear this week end.

Re: Show us what you have!......

Making Of The HT Accessories

? Glass-wool (2? to 4? thick) for soundproofing and acoustic solutions
? Armstrong Acoustic Tiles (for ceiling)
? Plywood with varied sized holes (diameter corresponding to diameter of speakers drivers)
? Brown-leather Lazyboy Recliner
? Wall-to-wall of 1/2? Red Carpet on half a inch thermocal
? Mini-Refrigerator
? DVD Rack
? Floor Lights
? Ferrari Projection Watch

There are also in-direct lights and than there are Hanging lights, they are like fan blades, throwing light upwards rather than downwards, illuminating the room diffusively rather than directly. Just like the theatres.

Components

? 5.1 Speaker System by Monitor Audio
? Denon AVR-3805
? Denon DVD-1920 Player
? 82? Dalite Projector Screen (Motor Operated) (4:3 format)
? DNP??s 72? High-Contrast SuperNova projection screen (16:9 format)
? Hitachi Hi-Def PJ-TX200 Projector
? Bose Wave Music System With Multi-CD Changer
? Logitech Universal Remote Control With Lcd Screen
? Inverter

Pic time

scan0009.jpg

12d1194061220-different-type-sta-1.jpg
20d1194061780-movie-watching-room-n.jpg

Around a dozen more pictures are there in blogs of this hifivision site.
Vinay,

Which Fixed Screen are you usingin your HT?

Alok

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back